Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He often described Renee as having "the Oliver Queen problem" of being unfaithful.
    HA! So Rucka and I are not that different. I mentioned that same thing several times in the past without knowing he said the same thing.

(Mind you, I think Renee can be a little bit worse than Ollie).

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    HA! So Rucka and I are not that different. I mentioned that same thing several times in the past without knowing he said the same thing.

(Mind you, I think Renee can be a little bit worse than Ollie).
    It's the alcoholism. Leads to her doing things she regrets.

Always Rakzo

It's the alcoholism. Leads to her doing things she regrets.
    Yeah, but I always thought there was a difference between them. Ollie immediately feels like sh*t after cheating while Renee kinda feels like sh*t but at the same time keeps a certain attitude about it (which makes it extra sh*tty).

Didn't Renee only cheat one time?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't Renee only cheat one time?
    I guess? She ironically still treats most of her girlfriends rather terribly though.

It was later revealed that Ollie actually allowed Shado to have sex with him but even if we ignore that, Mike Grell himself (who made the whole Shado thing) also made him cheat on Dinah again with a woman named Marianne.

Actually, is kinda most writers who were faithful to that portrayal. Mike Grell pretty much was the first one who stated Ollie's flaws and then Kevin Smith, Brad Meltzer and Judd Winick further developed them. What do all those creators have in common? They delivered the most memorable Green Arrow runs. I will be the first to admit that despite that Jeff Lemire wrote pretty much the most ambitious Green Arrow era, he didn't quite nail Ollie's character but even he managed to emphasize such traits at times. Hell, even mixed runs like J.T. Krul's focused on such aspects.

And even if you're willing to go way back to O'Neil's era, let's not forget that's basically where everything started with Ollie kicking Roy out once he figured out he was on drugs.
    When was it revealed Ollie allowed Shado to have sex with him? The only time I can think of was when Black Lantern Oliver said that to hurt Dinah. If someone tried to retcon what was clearly a rape into consensual sex (after it had already been acknowledged as rape) that was a skeevy thing to.

And Roy wasn't even living with Oliver when he was doing drugs so Oliver didn't kick him out.

Incredible Member

So TV Spoilers, if anyone is interested:

spoilers:
    in today’s episode of Stargirl, Green Arrow and Speedy in their classic golden/Silver age looks appeared as part of the Seven Soldiers of Victory with Courtney referring to him as Robin Hood. Second time after the Smallville Halloween episode we saw Ollie in his classic look in love action.
    end of spoilers

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post

spoilers:
    in today’s episode of Stargirl, Green Arrow and Speedy in their classic golden/Silver age looks appeared as part of the Seven Soldiers of Victory with Courtney referring to him as Robin Hood. Second time after the Smallville Halloween episode we saw Ollie in his classic look in love action.
    end of spoilers

Thoughts?
    I was hopeful that he would appear in Stargirl as a proper adaption of Green Arrow, but now that it's part of the CW universe... Well, I expect no favors from their Bruce Wayne with a bow.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Thoughts?

BB2B7898-7E5F-445D-BCE4-95C3B343A73B.jpg

10char

I guess? She ironically still treats most of her girlfriends rather terribly though.
    The breakup with Kate was partially Kate's fault and Renee's other relationship was due to the heavy stress and alcoholism. I'm not justifying that but there were extenuating circumstances as to why she was acting that way.

I was hopeful that he would appear in Stargirl as a proper adaption of Green Arrow, but now that it's part of the CW universe... Well, I expect no favors from their Bruce Wayne with a bow.
    spoilers:
    It's not the version from Arrow so I wouldn't expect Batman with a bow
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    It's not the version from Arrow so I wouldn't expect Batman with a bow
    end of spoilers.
    If he doesn't show up in an episode before it goes to CW, they won't be able to resist bringing Amell back for an episode of a wooden performance. :/

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Thoughts?
    spoilers:
    Interestingly he and Speedy were the only members of the Seven Soldiers of Victory they didn't outright name.
    end of spoilers

If he doesn't show up in an episode before it goes to CW, they won't be able to resist bringing Amell back for an episode of a wooden performance. :/
    The CW has shown two different versions of Superman, one of which looks like Ray Palmer. And what reason could they have for bringing Amell back when they showed a different version of Green Arrow? The worst case scenario is they simply not bother with any more Green Arrow appearances if the actor for this one doesn't return.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Totally random but I dream of Olli replacing Rick Flag on Suicide Squad. The straight man blackmailed by Waller into leading the team.