Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What are the odds that Connor Hawke would be Future Slate Green Arrow?
    That would probably depend on there actually being a Future State Green Arrow.

Yeah, I said no sign of Green Arrow, not no sign of Oliver. There doesn't seem to be a Green Arrow at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Last edited by HunterX; 10-23-2020 at 04:36 PM.

#dceased; hope at world's ens

https://www.cbr.com/dceased-mary-marvel-gotham-jungle/

I wonder what happens after this...?, Im glad Green Arrow/Oliver was not killed off after getting infected with the virus, did not expect this direction. Oliver got infected and turned by Wonder Woman, my first time hating Wonder Woman lol. Now he is living in a bubble made by Green Lantern Black Canary, but for how long...

Yeah, I said no sign of Green Arrow, not no sign of Oliver. There doesn't seem to be a Green Arrow at all.
    Yeah Green Arrow and his world are the most neglected characters at DC comics at this point. Green Arrow is the character in need of the most restoration of his history/canon, but that would require DC to remember he exist....
    Last edited by HunterX; 10-23-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Just curious - has Ollie ever mentioned Airbnb or Uber or anything? I feel like he would be against those. Gig economy, contractors instead of employees no benefits, etc. And Airbnb it's avoid regulations. And then there's those complexes actually built/bought for Airbnb, which some at least, think have the effect of driving up rent for the people living there. And so forth and so on.

Also, when's the last time we heard his opinion on drugs? Especially marijuana. That's another place where public opinion and where liberals stand has shifted over the decades since his opinions were established.

Do we know his opinion on nuclear energy? In any era?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post

#dceased; hope at world's ens

https://www.cbr.com/dceased-mary-marvel-gotham-jungle/

I wonder what happens after this...?, Im glad Green Arrow/Oliver was not killed off after getting infected with the virus, did not expect this direction. Oliver got infected and turned by Wonder Woman, my first time hating Wonder Woman lol. Now he is living in a bubble made by Green Lantern Black Canary, but for how long...

Yeah Green Arrow and his world are the most neglected characters at DC comics at this point. Green Arrow is the character in need of the most restoration of his history/canon, but that would require DC to remember he exist....
    I’m telling you now nothing good can come from leaving the infected Green Arrow with Doctor Fate, literally the only person keeping a barrier over the only safe spot on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would probably depend on there actually being a Future State Green Arrow.
    I saw that Emiko looks to still be around in Titans, so there is always the chance he’s still around in the future. Plus for all we know he’s in one of the backup anthology stories, I could see him on Outsiders.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Just curious - has Ollie ever mentioned Airbnb or Uber or anything? I feel like he would be against those. Gig economy, contractors instead of employees no benefits, etc. And Airbnb it's avoid regulations. And then there's those complexes actually built/bought for Airbnb, which some at least, think have the effect of driving up rent for the people living there. And so forth and so on.

Also, when's the last time we heard his opinion on drugs? Especially marijuana. That's another place where public opinion and where liberals stand has shifted over the decades since his opinions were established.

Do we know his opinion on nuclear energy? In any era?
    I feel like it got mentioned to some extent late Rebirth, but I could be wrong.

Not necessarily drugs, but he still didn't take Roy's substance abuse as seriously as he should have, and regrets it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Assuming there's no cell service - and therefore no TikTok - a real 13 yr old would be dead within hours of being stranded on a desert island.

Good thing this is comics...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Assuming there's no cell service - and therefore no TikTok - a real 13 yr old would be dead within hours of being stranded on a desert island.

Good thing this is comics...
    And this is Oliver Queen we're talking about .

Can’t believe it’s been over a year since GA had an ongoing. Really hope he gets a new one post Future State. Give it to Taylor, he seems to like Ollie and Dinah.

I don't know, I like Taylor's Dinah but his Oliver, from what I've read is almost too funny. Which is ok, he's supposed to be funny and sarcastic but like all his lines in dcceased are jokes or quips. Granted some of those lines were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don't know, I like Taylor's Dinah but his Oliver, from what I've read is almost too funny. Which is ok, he's supposed to be funny and sarcastic but like all his lines in dcceased are jokes or quips. Granted some of those lines were pretty good.
    Admittedly when your not a main character sometimes you get reduced to just jokes and quips when there are a bunch of other characters around.

I'm kind of curious how Taylor would handle Ollie as a lead. I'm eager for a new GA book.

Originally posted by the illustrious mr. kenway
    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Totally random but I dream of Olli replacing Rick Flag on Suicide Squad. The straight man blackmailed by Waller into leading the team.
    I'd prefer Roy for that role but I could see the appeal of Ollie doing it.
    See John Ostrander's Suicide Squad #'s 11 and 12 to see what happens when Roy leads a mission.

Originally posted by Twice-named
    Looks like DC is collecting the Connor Hawke run.

Green Arrow: Connor Hawke Where Angels Fear to Tread
    TPB
    $29.99
    Amazon Release Date: April 20, 2021

In these 1990s tales, Oliver Queen takes a break from the role of Green Arrow--and his crime-fighting mission is taken up by his son, Connor Hawke.

Spinning out of the events of the 1990s miniseries known as Zero Hour, Oliver Queen goes on a retreat from his role as Green Arrow -- and meets his previously unknown son, Connor Hawke, who becomes the new Green Arrow. But while Oliver learns that a secret government agency has him in its sights, Connor learns that being a superhero is harder than it looks.
    Collects Green Arrow #0 and #91-101.
    I hope they go back and collect CrossRoads so there is no gaps in these series plus this story transition Olliver back to the DC Universe after being in the "real-world" for awhile.

I just picked up Green Arrow the Longbow Hunters Omnibus and am enjoying rereading Grell's stories. I understand there will be a 2nd volume. I hope in addition to the final Grell stories it also collection Green Arrow the Wonder Years, Shado, Brave and the Bold mini-series (Green Arrow and Butcher) and the crossover Fables from Green Arrow Annual #1, Question Annual #1 and Detective Comics Annual #1 and the crossover from Green Arrow Annual #2 and Question Annual #2. The rst of the annuals under Grell where crossovers with events in the DC Universe.

Cool, thanks. Everyone was getting these YA graphic novels except Green Arrow, Oliver Queen

So nice....