Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

I saw that Emiko looks to still be around in Titans, so there is always the chance he’s still around in the future. Plus for all we know he’s in one of the backup anthology stories, I could see him on Outsiders.
    Except they dont talk anymore, when was the last time Emiko talked to her brother....? They barely treat the character like she is a Green Arrow character. Everything they have build for Green Arrow, they just continue to take away anyway, giving to other franchises or deleting....

I’m telling you now nothing good can come from leaving the infected Green Arrow with Doctor Fate, literally the only person keeping a barrier over the only safe spot on earth.
    Why not, Dr Fate would be able to subdue him...

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Except they dont talk anymore, when was the last time Emiko talked to her brother....? They barely treat the character like she is a Green Arrow character. Everything they have build for Green Arrow, they just continue to take away anyway, giving to other franchises or deleting....
    I think she actually tried messaging Ollie in one of the recent TT issues and that she feels bad for losing touch with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she actually tried messaging Ollie in one of the recent TT issues and that she feels bad for losing touch with him.
    Fair enough.

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...269952/photo/1

lineup for Dark Nights: Death Metal The Last Stories of the DCU #1, in stores December 8!
    Green Arrow & Black Canary in DUST OF A DISTANCE STORM
    Gail Simone

LAST STORIES....Last story?. What the F, they better not be offing either Green Arrow or Black Canary in this.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...269952/photo/1

lineup for Dark Nights: Death Metal The Last Stories of the DCU #1, in stores December 8!
    Green Arrow & Black Canary in DUST OF A DISTANCE STORM
    Gail Simone

LAST STORIES....Last story?. What the F, they better not be offing either Green Arrow or Black Canary in this.
    I never expected to see Gail Simone write a Green Arrow and Black Canary story.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I never expected to see Gail Simone write a Green Arrow and Black Canary story.
    She wrote a JLU episode with them, "Double Date," if memory serves. I think she enjoys them well enough, she certainly writes them well. I remember her objecting to the wedding, but I'm not sure if that's because she just doesn't want Dinah married or if it's specifically because of Ollie.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She wrote a JLU episode with them, "Double Date," if memory serves. I think she enjoys them well enough, she certainly writes them well. I remember her objecting to the wedding, but I'm not sure if that's because she just doesn't want Dinah married or if it's specifically because of Ollie.
    She did write them fairly respectfully as exes in one issue of BoP, for what it's worth, although that was a long time ago.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

She did write them fairly respectfully as exes in one issue of BoP, for what it's worth, although that was a long time ago.
    I was curious and googled if she'd said anything on then recently and I believe she expressed interest in writing a movie script for GA/BC.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gailsimon...67351515275264

She's a fan, and if I had to guess, probably more in line with those of us who would leave Ollie's cheating days in the past like many awful elements of DC's publishing history.

Oliver is in Future State after all. He appears with Hal in one of the Green Lantern back-ups.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This sounds like a dumb question to ask, but do Oliver and Roy invent their trick arrows? The reason I ask is because if they do, it doesn't seem like their engineering abilities are played up much.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oliver is in Future State after all. He appears with Hal in one of the Green Lantern back-ups.
    Good to hear .
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This sounds like a dumb question to ask, but do Oliver and Roy invent their trick arrows? The reason I ask is because if they do, it doesn't seem like their engineering abilities are played up much.
    It depends on the continuity.

I think originally the trick arrows were all Ollie.

I think in Arrow Ollie had someone he paid to build the trick arrows but we only saw them in a tie-in comic.

Per Rebirth, Roy made at least some of them but by that point they were portraying him as a bit of a "whiz kid."

A bit of a surprise from Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe #1

spoilers:
    Oliver and Dinah meet their daughter from another universe where Oliver was the Black Canary and Dinah was the Green Arrow.
    end of spoilers

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...instream_dark/

Always Rakzo

A bit of a surprise from Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe #1

spoilers:
    Oliver and Dinah meet their daughter from another universe where Oliver was the Black Canary and Dinah was the Green Arrow.
    end of spoilers

The genderbent universe that appeared in a Countdown tie-in if I remember correctly.

(Funnily enough that's where "Olivia Queen" was hitting on other men while her boyfriend "Black Condor" was complaining about it. Ha!)

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    "Black Arrow?" Shouldn't the costume be more dark? It looks like she's in Connor's colors.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    IIRC, Dinah had grown quite a bit as a character in Simone's BoP run so fans objected to getting them back to together as a throwback to the classics. GA and BC getting together fueled this. The other issue was how the wedding was handled. Dinah had a side kick named Sin at the time and Ollie fakes her death, lets BC go on a rampage before revealing to her at the end that it was because he was trying to fool the bad guys and the girl was in a monastery now then gets down on his knees and pops the question. The fact that she said 'yes' was a miracle. Then the whole wedding lead up with specials and the actual wedding was full of cringe worthy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    The genderbent universe that appeared in a Countdown tie-in if I remember correctly.

(Funnily enough that's where "Olivia Queen" was hitting on other men while her boyfriend "Black Condor" was complaining about it. Ha!)
    Nope. Not the gender bending earth 11 universe

spoilers:
    It was literally a universe where Dinah shot arrows and was in the GA outfit and Ollie was the fist fighter in a male BC costume.
    end of spoilers