Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But why does it have to Bendis writing it?
    Because he's a staaaarrr.

Well why not...its not like JL has had a stable writer in a long while, they keep rotating them. So lets see whats he got.

I for one quite like the line up, it seems very superpowered but at the same time they got street level heroes in it too. This is the kind of JL I like, thats diverse in heroes types, also noting that there are lots of female superheroes too.
    Last edited by HunterX; 12-21-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Well why not...its not like JL has had a stable writer in a long while, they keep rotating them. So lets see whats he got.

I for one quite like the line up, it seems very superpowered but at the same time they got street level heroes in it too. This is the kind of JL I like, thats diverse in heroes types, also noting that there are lots of female superheroes too.
    Now I'm wondering if they'll whittle the team down until it's 95% street level...

Now I'm wondering if they'll whittle the team down until it's 95% street level...
    I think a mixture of both types is best, Well at least thats what I like....
    Last edited by HunterX; 12-21-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Honestly, I'm willing to give him a shot.
    I absolutely HATED Snyder's run on the book, so I'm happy to see a shift.
    The team could be fun too. Don't like the idea of Ollie leading, Dinah has done it before and really should again - but I'll give it a read before passing judgement.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Honestly, I'm willing to give him a shot.
    I absolutely HATED Snyder's run on the book, so I'm happy to see a shift.
    The team could be fun too. Don't like the idea of Ollie leading, Dinah has done it before and really should again - but I'll give it a read before passing judgement.
    Sorry, but if Bendis is writing it, I won't. He already did enough damage to Superman (which I also didn't bother to read after his silly bit in Action Comics #1000). It's just not worth the time, $'s, and frustration for me to buy a Bendis-book and hope against hope that I'll find his writing semi-tolerable this time.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Grell himself stated she wasn't raped:

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-urban...s-revealed-54/
    Real goddamn telling that the extent of good things I can say about Grell's run is "at least he didn't have Dinah get raped." But that's good at the very least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Because he's a staaaarrr.
    The guy was a star. Then he got so big two things happened: 1. He figured he was at the top of the mountain and decided he could just ride the wave from here on out or 2. Editors didn't have the guts to tell him "no".

I'll admit it. I loved Bendis 20 years ago. Heck, he was turning out good stuff right up until Siege wrapped. Ever since then he has been phoning it in. It doesn't help that he has a need to write a gazillion books at once. He should stick to one book and make that the best he can.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 12-22-2020 at 10:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post

Didn't Snyder plan to be on it longer? I heard a big reason he left is because Didio wasn't liking what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The guy was a star. Then he got so big two things happened: 1. He figured he was at the top of the mountain and decided he could just ride the wave from here on out or 2. Editors didn't have the guts to tell him "no".

I'll admit it. I loved Bendis 20 years ago. Heck, he was turning out good stuff right up until Siege wrapped. Ever since then he has been phoning it in. It doesn't help that he has a need to write a gazillion books at once. He should stick to one book and make that the best he can.
    He wouldn't be getting these big books if he didn't have some pull. If he wasn't a star any more, he wouldn't have the pull.

I was a big fan of his Ultimate Spider-man run and....that's about it. I burnt out around the time Dark Avengers was out and was sick of his writing by the time he got to Guardians and OG5 X-Men.

To me he comes up with interesting ideas which generates media buzz, does a half ass job on the actual book and then someone else, be it the folks who made the Jessica Jones show or Into the Spider-verse makers or the makers of MCU do the actual creative heavy lifting. Oh and he gets to be on whichever book whose characters will be appearing in a major blockbuster that year. What a coincidence. Literal definition of getting rewarded for mediocrity.

He might be a good fit for Green Arrow though but I fear for what that might mean for Black Canary.

The part about Dinah or Prometheus? The Dinah bit (where she was beaten and tortured) was The Longbow Hunters. The Prometheus stuffed happened in Cry For Justice (with the fall out issues in the last issues of the Green Arrow & Black Canary title).

Readcomicsonline has all of it if you just want to check out specific issues.
    thanks. i was surprised to learn if dinah was raped, but reading thru the thread cleared that up.

Didn't Snyder plan to be on it longer? I heard a big reason he left is because Didio wasn't liking what he was doing.
    No. If that was the case Death Metal wouldn't have happened and it would've had a different ending.

He does have a habit of doing multiple books, even in the same franchise. New Avengers and Dark Avengers, then after Siege, Avengers and New Avengers. Then he did All-New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. And after Secret Wars, Invincible Iron Man and International/Infamous Iron Man. And then, of course, Superman and Action Comics. So I won't be surprised if Justice League is joined by a JLA book in a month or two.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-24-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    At least it's not a trucker hat :P.