Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Yeah, i mean Mike Grells's GA comics set in Seattle were epic, but that doesnt necessarily have to mean Seattle is whats best for Oliver or what necessarily made those stories great
    No one currently can really replicate Mike Grell's touch, just taking Oliver to Seattle is not going to make it so, It was Grell himself. I have no interest in real world city in DC Universe, leave that for Marvel.

I want to see Star City landmarks and characteristics like Star Bridge, Star City Rockets,The Glades, The Grell Museum, Star City Youth. Center, Star City Gazette, City Hall, back in comics and Green Arrow back in his traditional home city. Sherwood Florist can be moved from Seattle to Star city, if it hasnt already. To me so much history and identity of Green Arrow has been lost taking him out of Star City. I would hope they get him back to Star City before he gets a new comic series this year.

I think I prefer Star City SOLELY as it gives writers quite a bit more freedom in what they can do.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Ah Juan Ferreyra...Percy's run had such gorgeous art .

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

From Green Arrow #100 (September, 1995):

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Always loved that costume on Ollie, even though he didn't wear it for very long.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That's a pretty awesome image of Ollie .

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I'm confused. Didn't Seattle become Star City? It was a while ago now, I don't remember it ever reverting back.
    At the end of Percy’s run. Personally I lean more towards Seattle over the traditional Star City. But I don’t feel strongly about it.

I'm disappointed that apparently bringing Star City back hasn't stuck. I really don't care for Ollie in Seattle at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    At the end of Percy’s run. Personally I lean more towards Seattle over the traditional Star City. But I don’t feel strongly about it.
    I honestly prefer Seattle as Green Arrow's main city. I honestly read his stories in Star City, I don't feel it is as synonymous with Green Arrow as Batman, Superman, etc or it has the strong of an identity as other city. Green Arrow is a character who can work in a more grounded, real world setting and Seattle really could be interesting backdrop as opposed to the usual New York, LA seting. Not even on a DC trying to imitate Marvel level, but what feels natural for who Green Arrow is a character imo. Especially if writers could actually show they can do research when it comes to writing about real life cities and playing GA off in Seattle or any real world environment. Ben Percy did a good job with GA in Seattle, same with Jeff Lemire.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    I honestly prefer Seattle as Green Arrow's main city. I honestly read his stories in Star City, I don't feel it is as synonymous with Green Arrow as Batman, Superman, etc or it has the strong of an identity as other city. Green Arrow is a character who can work in a more grounded, real world setting and Seattle really could be interesting backdrop as opposed to the usual New York, LA seting. Not even on a DC trying to imitate Marvel level, but what feels natural for who Green Arrow is a character imo. Especially if writers could actually show they can do research when it comes to writing about real life cities and playing GA off in Seattle or any real world environment. Ben Percy did a good job with GA in Seattle, same with Jeff Lemire.
    Seattle in those runs felt like it was trying to be more of a DCU city then an actual city. I don't think calling it Star City would have hurt at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seattle in those runs felt like it was trying to be more of a DCU city then an actual city. I don't think calling it Star City would have hurt at all.
    Honestly even though DC never promoted itself as the world outside your window like Marvel did, I did appreciate the attempts to ground it more and playing with cities or places that aren’t usually seen in comics. Especially if it gets fleshed out well enough

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'd love to read the script for that GA Supermax movie online, if it exists

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I'd love to read the script for that GA Supermax movie online, if it exists
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NVe...mtHaZPVy5/view