Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Thank you, Sir. Love it. Are there other scripts (Justice league? Affleck's Batman?)...

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Always loved that costume on Ollie, even though he didn't wear it for very long.
    I've so hardly seen it but I actually really like it, and I'll always dig that 90s illustration style.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Thank you, Sir. Love it. Are there other scripts (Justice league? Affleck's Batman?)...
    George Miller’s Justice League:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4ti...U2QVdsaWc/edit

Affleck’s Batman hasn’t leaked and it will probably be some time. It was reported to be very low scale and taking place completely in Arkham Asylum, and was a psychological thriller as opposed to superhero action movie. Hopefully it’ll leak some day because that movie always seemed interesting to me

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    I hope this Seattle's thing is Over. Green Arrow's city should always be STAR CITY!. Star City is to Green Arrow what Gotham to is Batman, Central City is to The Flash. This city is a huge part of his branding.

Time for DC to rebuilt Green Arrow and it should start with him returning him home and the whole family back in Star City, Roy, Black Canary, Emiko etc...

Green Arrow can always have Seattle adventures once in a while,on vacations...but he need to return home.
    Star City needs an identity first and foremost. It’s just a generic city that doesn’t stand out like Gotham and Metropolis.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Star City needs an identity first and foremost. It’s just a generic city that doesn’t stand out like Gotham and Metropolis.
    Agreed, I think that's why I enjoy the Seattle, and Green Lantern/Green Arrow "Hard Travelling Heroes" comics. It didn't feel Star City has a strong identity as other fictional cities in DC.

Star city has identity as a a sea coast/ port city.
    Seattle is whats generic to me, any superhero/character story can be based there. But if you say Star City, its something thats associated with being Green Arrow/Oliver's home and related characters. And branding is very important these days.

I think I prefer Star City SOLELY as it gives writers quite a bit more freedom in what they can do.
    Exactly, with fictional Star City they have more flexibility to add fantastical elements, some interesting additions etc to the city. Thats why I like it.
    Last edited by HunterX; 04-20-2020 at 04:24 AM.

Star City has never been characterized as anything other than another crime-ridden city with a fictional name. You could replace it with Seattle, New York, Chicago etc and nothing of any real value would be lost.

Has any writer really emphasized any actual landmarks or inherent Seattle elements at all?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Green Arrow as drawn by David Mack (Green Arrow #8, March 2011).

Always Rakzo

I'm still disappointed that JT Krul never managed to finish his run. His writing was not always the best, it was pretty heavyhanded at times, but I still believe he got the character of Oliver right (much better than most authors that came after him in fact) and the supernatural direction for the book had potential.

The most I know about it is Brightest Day turning Star City into a forest and it being the first introduction of Isabel Rochev...

Mighty Member

I know a Green Arrow ongoing is obviously inevitable. But I'm surprised he doesn't have a Wal-Mart series. Even Swamp Thing of all people has one.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

I know a Green Arrow ongoing is obviously inevitable. But I'm surprised he doesn't have a Wal-Mart series. Even Swamp Thing of all people has one.
    I thought he had a Giant...I guess I was mistaken.

Mighty Member

How would you guys feel about GA being an anarchist as opposed to a being liberal? Is there room for an anarchist superhero? Would it change the way goes about operating? Would it change his relationship with other heroes?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

How would you guys feel about GA being an anarchist as opposed to a being liberal? Is there room for an anarchist superhero? Would it change the way goes about operating? Would it change his relationship with other heroes?
    That'd be infinitely more interesting.