Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Still the first image that comes to my mind when it comes to my “default Green Arrow.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That'd be infinitely more interesting.
    I feel like it would bring him more into “anti-hero” territory. I can’t see fans being thrilled about that.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    I feel like it would bring him more into “anti-hero” territory. I can’t see fans being thrilled about that.
    Well, I'm certainly not fond of the idea of him as an anti-hero. I don't even like the cheating jerk he was made into post-COIE - or anti-heroes in general. Moreover, changing that aspect erases probably the most defining trait Ollie has. Doesn't seem like that would be a good move.

How would you guys feel about GA being an anarchist as opposed to a being liberal? Is there room for an anarchist superhero? Would it change the way goes about operating? Would it change his relationship with other heroes?
    For an Elseworlds take, maybe. Not for the main version.

BANNED

Depends...I know people who are anarchists but don’t completely believe in an absence of government, but just a limited government, that holds true to the idea that a government’s primary function is to serve its citizens. I think that mostly falls in line with Green Arrow.

What’s important to me as a fan is that Green Arrow is portrayed as an advocate for the people and for equality. whatever political alignment that can fall into doesn’t really matter as long as his character remains true to that view. That could result in him being super anti government or at least very critical of the government. However a writer wants to handle that. Although I will say that over the years Green Arrow is typically the furthest in the left of any sort of political discussion that occurs, so I do prefer him to be progressive

At the end of the day I think Green Arrow should be a crime-figther who has very progressive and liberal views. I don't see him as an anarchist or someone who would want to overthrow the government, but he has strong political beliefs and fights against criminals and bad guys on-top of that.

I think when people hear the term "anarchist," it carries certain negative connotations, but as opposed to having Ollie embrace black bloc tactics, I think it would be perfectly in keeping with his character for Green Arrow to engage with anarcho-syndacalist theories of solidarity, direct action, direct democracy, and workers' rights. He could help set up workers' co-ops, fight against union busting, protect protesters from police violence, etc.

I would be very into reading that book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Still the first image that comes to my mind when it comes to my “default Green Arrow.”

Mine to, the Justice League cartoon was excellent, at drawing great depictions of the characters

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Same here .

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I like the look .

how about this?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    how about this?

If Oliver Queen was a thespian .

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Adventure Comics #258 (March, 1959), Green Arrow’s first cover since 1945. Art by Curt Swan.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    I think when people hear the term "anarchist," it carries certain negative connotations, but as opposed to having Ollie embrace black bloc tactics, I think it would be perfectly in keeping with his character for Green Arrow to engage with anarcho-syndacalist theories of solidarity, direct action, direct democracy, and workers' rights. He could help set up workers' co-ops, fight against union busting, protect protesters from police violence, etc.

I would be very into reading that book.
    I would read the hell out of that book.