Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Isn’t it time that we got a Mandarin solo mini?
    Past due time. I'd like to see basically a cross between "Penguin: Pain and Prejudice" and X-23's origin. He's an aristocratic orphan trained to be a warrior and conqueror from birth by an aunt who hated the world, and so squandered his wealth training him to be her evil super-soldier. That would make for an awesome mini-series! :-D

Incredible Member

bring back his huge dragon ship , such a major waste when the mandarin just ditch it in his war against iron man..

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Past due time. I'd like to see basically a cross between "Penguin: Pain and Prejudice" and X-23's origin. He's an aristocratic orphan trained to be a warrior and conqueror from birth by an aunt who hated the world, and so squandered his wealth training him to be her evil super-soldier. That would make for an awesome mini-series! :-D
    I would read it as long as the art was better than in the last retelling of his origin

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The Warlord
    That describes what he actually does far more than Mandarin. Even going by its meaning as "bureaucrat", it simply doesn't describe him accurately. The Aristocrat would also work. The Conqueror, as well, though that's taken. He wages war, he conquers, he exploits. He's devious, savage, and exploitative. His name should fit an aristocratic conqueror who is devious, savage, and exploitative. Pity Vandal Savage is also taken.
    Right. We’re on the same page. Vandal was the counterpart I was thinking of. Maybe they could use him in agents of atlas and reveal that basically no one calls him The Mandarin in Asia.

Would personally love for Gregg Hurwitz, the Penguin Pain and Prejudice writer, to do his take on The Mandarin's origin. Or whoever wrote the most definitive X-23 origin. His origin is basically a mix of the two.

BANNED

Captain America #125 May 1970
    "Captured - In Viet Nam!"
    Captain America, reeling that his relationship with Sharon Carter ended over a perceived betrayal,
    goes to Vietnam to investigate the disappearance of Dr. Robert Hoskins, who has been helping wounded soldiers;
    He gets attacked and is captured by a group of Asians not wearing uniforms;
    Cap is taken to a castle that is occupied by the Mandarin,

whom he battles.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Gene Colan, inks by Frank Giacoia