Spectacular Member

Default The most impressive historical database I've ever seen on a comic creator

Has anyone seen this yet?

Talk about incredible and jam packed with information!

https://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2020/...haracters.html

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Probert View Post
    Has anyone seen this yet?

Talk about incredible and jam packed with information!

https://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2020/...haracters.html

Thanks for posting this. I was unaware of the database and am a fan of Roy Thomas. Didn't have the time to do more than skim, but will definitely enjoy reading this throughout the year.

It also led me to the other Roy Thomas articles and this awesome print by Joe St. Pierre with characters Roy created.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Boisterously Confused

I knew RT had contributed a lot, but I'd lost count of just how widely he'd contributed to the building of the MU. Of equal interest to me, his work touched on almost everything Marvel produced, it was mainly superheroes. In contrast, while he's probably best remembered for his Earth-2 books for DC in the 1980s, there's a LOT of fantasy in that DC list.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I knew RT had contributed a lot, but I'd lost count of just how widely he'd contributed to the building of the MU. Of equal interest to me, his work touched on almost everything Marvel produced, it was mainly superheroes. In contrast, while he's probably best remembered for his Earth-2 books for DC in the 1980s, there's a LOT of fantasy in that DC list.
    Well said. What the man has done not just for comic book stories, but the industry is astonishing. The man is simply a legend and this is a great homage to that man.

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

Going over this, I have been wondering, is Roy Thomas underrated?

I would think he should be on the Mount Rushmore of Marvel.

Lee, Kirby, Ditko and Thomas