Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,093

    Default Ray Palmer: The Atom Appreciation 2020

    atom-ray-palmer-5a92ea2d-d255-4b6d-b555-77f3a03f033-resize-750.jpg


    Happy new year! Here is to hoping Ray appears more often than he has in the past couple of years. Looking forward to seeing him in the pages of Hawkman soon.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Star Wars, Flash Forward,Shazam, & TMNT!

  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,629

    Default

    Happy New Year to my favorite size-shrinking hero .

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    atom-ray-palmer-5a92ea2d-d255-4b6d-b555-77f3a03f033-resize-750.jpg


    Happy new year! Here is to hoping Ray appears more often than he has in the past couple of years. Looking forward to seeing him in the pages of Hawkman soon.

    same here....

    and also maybe have ray be in the forefront of the next dc event...

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,238

    Default

    Have a lot of love for Ray. Reading "Sword of the Atom" for the first time and enjoying it. I always felt there was untapped potential for Ray. He should be one of the most science-heavy of the sci-fi heroes, and should be recognized for his scientific prowess in-universe. Here's to hoping Ray gets more love in upcoming books.

  5. #5
    Fantastic Member HunterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    atom-ray-palmer-5a92ea2d-d255-4b6d-b555-77f3a03f033-resize-750.jpg


    Happy new year! Here is to hoping Ray appears more often than he has in the past couple of years. Looking forward to seeing him in the pages of Hawkman soon.
    Happy new year to you too. Whats he doing in Hawkman?

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    New year, new thread, I'll try again - the wiki references Jean and Ray having a child in Rebirth. I've read the one story where he leaves a message and references alimony, but that one didn't reference a child that I noticed. What issue establishes they have a child, and what do we know about said child?

    I'll chime in a reference to the bronze age:

    While I never thought his practical-v-theory bronze-age rivalry with Barry made sense (and can’t help think that in professional-community-ranking, Ray’d come out the winner), I do like the contrast between them of one who is very professionally ambitious and one who is not. I would much rather have seen their relationship through that lens.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Happy new year to you too. Whats he doing in Hawkman?
    Hell be guest starring in there trying to get Carter back to his normal self and out of his Sky Tyrant persona together with Hawkwoman.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

  8. #8
    Incredible Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Atom1.jpg

















    Cover by Gil Kane and Murphy Anderson

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    New year, new thread, I'll try again - the wiki references Jean and Ray having a child in Rebirth. I've read the one story where he leaves a message and references alimony, but that one didn't reference a child that I noticed. What issue establishes they have a child, and what do we know about said child?

    I'll chime in a reference to the bronze age:

    While I never thought his practical-v-theory bronze-age rivalry with Barry made sense (and can’t help think that in professional-community-ranking, Ray’d come out the winner), I do like the contrast between them of one who is very professionally ambitious and one who is not. I would much rather have seen their relationship through that lens.
    Hmmmm I wasn't aware that they ever had a child and I have read quite a bit of Ray stories. I will have to research this.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Star Wars, Flash Forward,Shazam, & TMNT!

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Hmmmm I wasn't aware that they ever had a child and I have read quite a bit of Ray stories. I will have to research this.
    me neither. had no idea there was a ray jr.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    me neither. had no idea there was a ray jr.
    That's my thing. I'm really genuinely curious as it if the wiki is wrong. And if it's not, I want to find out what we know. All it says is "unnamed child" and I want more than that, dang it.

  12. #12
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,629

    Default

    Did I somehow miss Ray having a kid ?

  13. #13
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,039

    Default

    Know what I'd really like.to see come back? Humbug.

    That was really the most frightening enemy The Atom ever had

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,238

    Default

    How do we all feal about Jean Loring? What is your preferred status for the character?

    I kind of like Ray being a divorced hero simply because it's something that happens to real people and it's a rarity among superheroes, but it also makes sense given his characterization in Sword as someone so committed to the Atom. They can continue to have a type of relationship but not necessarily a stable romantic one.

  15. #15
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    How do we all feal about Jean Loring? What is your preferred status for the character?

    I kind of like Ray being a divorced hero simply because it's something that happens to real people and it's a rarity among superheroes, but it also makes sense given his characterization in Sword as someone so committed to the Atom. They can continue to have a type of relationship but not necessarily a stable romantic one.
    It's hard for me to imagine Jean Loring as anything but Ray's crazy ex-wife, but I'm admittedly coming at it from a more modern perspective on the character.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •