Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ray Palmer: The Atom Appreciation 2020

atom-ray-palmer-5a92ea2d-d255-4b6d-b555-77f3a03f033-resize-750.jpg

Happy new year! Here is to hoping Ray appears more often than he has in the past couple of years. Looking forward to seeing him in the pages of Hawkman soon.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Happy New Year to my favorite size-shrinking hero .

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

Happy new year! Here is to hoping Ray appears more often than he has in the past couple of years. Looking forward to seeing him in the pages of Hawkman soon.

same here....

and also maybe have ray be in the forefront of the next dc event...

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Have a lot of love for Ray. Reading "Sword of the Atom" for the first time and enjoying it. I always felt there was untapped potential for Ray. He should be one of the most science-heavy of the sci-fi heroes, and should be recognized for his scientific prowess in-universe. Here's to hoping Ray gets more love in upcoming books.

Happy new year to you too. Whats he doing in Hawkman?

New year, new thread, I'll try again - the wiki references Jean and Ray having a child in Rebirth. I've read the one story where he leaves a message and references alimony, but that one didn't reference a child that I noticed. What issue establishes they have a child, and what do we know about said child?

I'll chime in a reference to the bronze age:

While I never thought his practical-v-theory bronze-age rivalry with Barry made sense (and can’t help think that in professional-community-ranking, Ray’d come out the winner), I do like the contrast between them of one who is very professionally ambitious and one who is not. I would much rather have seen their relationship through that lens.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Happy new year to you too. Whats he doing in Hawkman?
    Hell be guest starring in there trying to get Carter back to his normal self and out of his Sky Tyrant persona together with Hawkwoman.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Atom1.jpg

Cover by Gil Kane and Murphy Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    New year, new thread, I'll try again - the wiki references Jean and Ray having a child in Rebirth. I've read the one story where he leaves a message and references alimony, but that one didn't reference a child that I noticed. What issue establishes they have a child, and what do we know about said child?

I'll chime in a reference to the bronze age:

While I never thought his practical-v-theory bronze-age rivalry with Barry made sense (and can’t help think that in professional-community-ranking, Ray’d come out the winner), I do like the contrast between them of one who is very professionally ambitious and one who is not. I would much rather have seen their relationship through that lens.
    Hmmmm I wasn't aware that they ever had a child and I have read quite a bit of Ray stories. I will have to research this.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Hmmmm I wasn't aware that they ever had a child and I have read quite a bit of Ray stories. I will have to research this.
    me neither. had no idea there was a ray jr.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    me neither. had no idea there was a ray jr.
    That's my thing. I'm really genuinely curious as it if the wiki is wrong. And if it's not, I want to find out what we know. All it says is "unnamed child" and I want more than that, dang it.

Did I somehow miss Ray having a kid ?

Boisterously Confused

Know what I'd really like.to see come back? Humbug.

That was really the most frightening enemy The Atom ever had

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

How do we all feal about Jean Loring? What is your preferred status for the character?

I kind of like Ray being a divorced hero simply because it's something that happens to real people and it's a rarity among superheroes, but it also makes sense given his characterization in Sword as someone so committed to the Atom. They can continue to have a type of relationship but not necessarily a stable romantic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    How do we all feal about Jean Loring? What is your preferred status for the character?

I kind of like Ray being a divorced hero simply because it's something that happens to real people and it's a rarity among superheroes, but it also makes sense given his characterization in Sword as someone so committed to the Atom. They can continue to have a type of relationship but not necessarily a stable romantic one.
    It's hard for me to imagine Jean Loring as anything but Ray's crazy ex-wife, but I'm admittedly coming at it from a more modern perspective on the character.