Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Jean_Loring_001.jpg

I guess Jean was always a b***h.

Great Gil Kane art though.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Jean_Loring_001.jpg

I guess Jean was always a b***h.

Great Gil Kane art though.
    LOL!!!!!!! Well in her defense, Ray was quite stubborn and wouldn't take no for an answer.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    LOL!!!!!!! Well in her defense, Ray was quite stubborn and wouldn't take no for an answer.
    True. But if he has to propose 57 times that should be a sign right there. As a brilliant scientist Ray should have picked up on that. Lol.

Althogh Ray was shown to have some insecurities. Especially when it came to Jean. I think I saw somewhere she.made him feel small.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

is ryan choi smarter than ray as this cbr article claim?

https://www.cbr.com/dc-best-atom-rya...vs-ray-palmer/

Atom vs Chronos. Classic .

Boisterously Confused

One of the things I love about this image, it highlights a key characteristic of The Silver-Bronze Age Atom: He fights with his brains as much as his body. Neither he nor The Flash needed to be former special forces, or trained by some ninja-master; they were both smart enough to figure out what could be done with the abilities they had, and creatively put them to work. In the Atom's case, he'd thought through the myriad effects that 180 fast-moving pounds applied to a very small spot could yield, and figured out how to make the most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    One of the things I love about this image, it highlights a key characteristic of The Silver-Bronze Age Atom: He fights with his brains as much as his body. Neither he nor The Flash needed to be former special forces, or trained by some ninja-master; they were both smart enough to figure out what could be done with the abilities they had, and creatively put them to work. In the Atom's case, he'd thought through the myriad effects that 180 fast-moving pounds applied to a very small spot could yield, and figured out how to make the most of them.
    He also didn't need a high-tech Iron Man suit...

He likes going after that playing hard to get type.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

As much as editorial/the recent leadership of DC love their silver age heroes, why has Ray Palmer not received the same treatment as Barry Allen or Hal Jordan? For years Ray's single role in the DC universe is to hide/go missing to some random place and when a crisis looms teams gather to find him. Rinse and repeat.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

As much as editorial/the recent leadership of DC love their silver age heroes, why has Ray Palmer not received the same treatment as Barry Allen or Hal Jordan? For years Ray's single role in the DC universe is to hide/go missing to some random place and when a crisis looms teams gather to find him. Rinse and repeat.
    I would have liked it if Ray had more role in the DCU. Could he have benefited if DC made an Atom Rebirth mini series? Although with Hal and Barry, Rebirth meant they were coming back from being dead.

Probably because The Atom just isn't seen as major a brand as Flash and Green Lantern, unfortunately.

But Ray never stays small for long in my opinion .

I mean he’s been making some pretty decent appearances over in Robert Vendetti’s current Hawkman ongoing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He also didn't need a high-tech Iron Man suit...
    That's a dig at the Arrowverse version, right? I think the powered armour thing is because the writers didn't actually want Atom. They'd wanted Blue Beetle, Ted Kord, but execs said no, use Ray Palmer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman