Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I would bet that Sylvester isn't as dead as he seemed. Mostly dead, maybe. I loved the second episode. Name check Ted Knight! Grundy and Icicle, don't know who the bearded guy was, Wizard? Pat again is just the best. Courtney is basically Stargirl from the comics, perhaps a bit less hard on Pat. Two episodes in, the best comic book show on TV IMO. Also, was Fate even there? I don't recall the Helm of Nabu making an appearance, though I might have missed it. Did I? I mean, it's hard enough to swallow the Injustice Society beating Alan and Jay, plus extras. Add in Dr. Fate...

Terrific second episode:
    Brec Bassingeras as Courtney Whitmore (Stargirl) is a complete joy, incredibly charming, but for me Luke Wilson as Pat Dugan (and now his giant robot) are stealing this show.

Pat's second go at heroing, instantly relegated to "sidekick" yet again! And he knows it's right, LOL love it!
    Set-up of the main two heroes, and intro of the villains begun.
    Now really looking forward to see the rest of the new gen. pick up their mantles.
    Got hints of all three, Midnight's (Beth Chapel's) parents, Yolanda Montez (Wildcat seems about ready to lash out), and we got a tragic hint of why Hourman (Rick Tyler) is the brooding loner.
    Wonderful setups so far.

So I guess this will become a regular thing since I'm watching on CW
    If anyone who checked both version, could recap any significant (edited for commercial) cut scenes?
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-27-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I would bet that Sylvester isn't as dead as he seemed. Mostly dead, maybe. I loved the second episode. Name check Ted Knight! Grundy and Icicle, don't know who the bearded guy was, Wizard? Pat again is just the best. Courtney is basically Stargirl from the comics, perhaps a bit less hard on Pat. Two episodes in, the best comic book show on TV IMO. Also, was Fate even there? I don't recall the Helm of Nabu making an appearance, though I might have missed it. Did I? I mean, it's hard enough to swallow the Injustice Society beating Alan and Jay, plus extras. Add in Dr. Fate...
    Wizard's shaved his beard. The other guy who Courtney's mom is working for is supposed to be The Gambler.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wizard's shaved his beard. The other guy who Courtney's mom is working for is supposed to be The Gambler.
    The Gambler, eh? I'll bet I know what he does...

Did he look like Kenny Rogers at least?

Extraordinary Member

Here's the big question though, Johns said this may backdoor pilot or test certain future DC Universe shows, and we'd see it in certain guest characters or apparent throw away characters who mean more than they seem, and that we'd see all sorts of Easter Eggs to that effect. Any so far? I just heard the name-dropped Ted Knight, but I don't see him as a spin-off, not with Courtney already here. Maybe a future guest star at most. Anything else yet?

Here's the big question though, Johns said this may backdoor pilot or test certain future DC Universe shows, and we'd see it in certain guest characters or apparent throw away characters who mean more than they seem, and that we'd see all sorts of Easter Eggs to that effect. Any so far? I just heard the name-dropped Ted Knight, but I don't see him as a spin-off, not with Courtney already here. Maybe a future guest star at most. Anything else yet?
    I’d say that’s not happening anytime soon, they’ve really only established Courtney and Pat so far, we still have to set up the new Doctor Mid-Nite, Hourman, and Wildcat as well as the villains. I suspect we will see other JSA related characters, I would think people like Alan’s Scott’s kids, Jesse Quick, a new Dr. Fate, and possibly Jakeem Thunder, but for now we just don’t know.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

No idea who Kenny Rogers is, but the Gambler (on Stargirl anyway) looks kind of like colonel sanders from a KFC commercial.
    Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Justice League.

My favorite film trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Terrific second episode:
    Brec Bassingeras as Courtney Whitmore (Stargirl) is a complete joy, incredibly charming, but for me Luke Wilson as Pat Dugan (and now his giant robot) are stealing this show.

Pat's second go at heroing, instantly relegated to "sidekick" yet again! And he knows it's right, LOL love it!
    Set-up of the main two heroes, and intro of the villains begun.
    Now really looking forward to see the rest of the new gen. pick up their mantles.
    Got hints of all three, Midnight's (Beth Chapel's) parents, Yolanda Montez (Wildcat seems about ready to lash out), and we got a tragic hint of why Hourman (Rick Tyler) is the brooding loner.
    Wonderful setups so far.

So I guess this will become a regular thing since I'm watching on CW
    If anyone who checked both version, could recap any significant (edited for commercial) cut scenes?
    Agree wholeheartedly, the show is an absolute delight and probably the best thing DC has put into live action .
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Eyes View Post
    No idea who Kenny Rogers is, but the Gambler (on Stargirl anyway) looks kind of like colonel sanders from a KFC commercial.
    Ah...man, that's fame for you. But he just died, a country style singer with a famous song called The Gambler. Also some TV movies back in the 80s. Sang with a lot of folks. Rogers had in his prime a salt and pepper beard.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly, the show is an absolute delight and probably the best thing DC has put into live action .
    Honestly, I'd have to agree with you.

He looks like an older version of himself from the comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He looks like an older version of himself from the comics.
    Here you go.
    Gambler_DC.jpg

The funny thing in the show is that he's the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the company Courtney's mom works for. Because who else would you want handling money than a guy called The Gambler.

Is there any hint of JSA heavy hitters like Mordru, Ultra Humanite, Johnny Sorrow or Per Degaton showing up?

Episode 2 was solid. Nice to see that egotistical Brain Wave get knocked on his ass by Courtney. Even his son is terrified of him. Poor Pat. Sidekick once again. He’ll be kicking some serious butt down the road. Who will be the next JSA recruit?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Is there any hint of JSA heavy hitters like Mordru, Ultra Humanite, Johnny Sorrow or Per Degaton showing up?
    Not yet, but I wouldn't rule them out for future seasons, especially Degaton.