Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I've been hella impressed with how subtle the styling of Courtney's outfits have been in keeping with slight red, white, and blue schemes.

Pat was real aesthetic in this episode, too.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-09-2020 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Look at Mike slipping Jakeem's name in like we're not going to get excited.

Not crazy about Wildcat's suit having augments to it, but it does help Yolanda get up to speed without a high school student being at the same level as the world heavyweight champion.

Anyone think Alan is stuck in the Lantern? There's no way he's dead. Jay either for that matter. I won't allow it.
    Interesting thought about Alan, especially with how the Lantern was going crazy when Pat found it in Courtney’s room.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Anyone think Alan is stuck in the Lantern? There's no way he's dead. Jay either for that matter. I won't allow it.
    Interesting thought about Alan, especially with how the Lantern was going crazy when Pat found it in Courtney’s room.
    I doubt he's physically stuck in there.
    But yes maybe a part of his last thoughts (or will) will be shown to seek out a successor.
    They are definitely dropping hints it will be reaching out to someone, we just haven't seen who yet.
    There also may be a ring (we haven't seen yet) out there surveying the earth, seeking his successor. And will guide who ever that is back to the battery, bringing them together.
    Hopefully his daughter, (and son) show up.
    And while she wouldn't normally need the ring or battery, maybe it'll be used as a way to awaken the connection or trigger the dormant power in her, becoming Jade.

Or they could play it that her brother Todd (by proximity to her) has been tempering (or neutralizing) her powers, which might otherwise be out of control.
    And she'll need the ring to focus them.

Another fun episode.
    Loved the making of Beth (Midnight), and how she just claimed the goggles as her own, and insinuated herself onto the team.
    The way she likes to talk and monologue, can't wait till they get her together with Hooty. Their dynamic should be fun.
    Also really enjoyed the set up of the volatile Rick Tyler Hourman. They want him on the team, although it's going to be on his terms as he's not trying outright to help anyone, just trying to satisfy his search for revenge.

Brainwave Jr. storming out of the party and sensing Yolanda's thoughts was eerie, and a bit terrifying as it looks like he's about to come into his own powers (and not in a good way).
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-18-2020 at 04:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

What if Pat IS the new Lantern? That WOULD be quite a twist, wouldn't it, especially after Starman's being quite insistent about not keeping the staff for himself, (Pat).

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    What if Pat IS the new Lantern? That WOULD be quite a twist, wouldn't it, especially after Starman's being quite insistent about not keeping the staff for himself, (Pat).

Would they want to dilute the unique, totally self made Pat Dugan with another character's shtick and power?
    Pat is all about his tinkering, and gadgets, his cars and his giant Robot Power suit; S.T.R.I.P.E.
    He's great as exactly what he's built himself up to be. His own thing.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-17-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Those googles were awesome! I want a pair. iPhones would go straight in the trash if we had these. Another great episode. I’m hoping for Sandy Hawkins to be the Sandman. I wonder what new members are next. Jakeem Thunder for sure. Green Lantern? Flash? Atom Smasher?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Would they want to dilute the unique, totally self made Pat Dugan with another character's shtick and power?
    Pat is all about his tinkering, and gadgets, his cars and his giant Robot Power suit; S.T.R.I.P.E.
    He's great as exactly what he's built himself up to be. His own thing.
    Fair point, but they have to give it to someone, and it did seem excited. I hope it isn't his son...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Those googles were awesome! I want a pair. iPhones would go straight in the trash if we had these. Another great episode. I’m hoping for Sandy Hawkins to be the Sandman. I wonder what new members are next. Jakeem Thunder for sure. Green Lantern? Flash? Atom Smasher?
    Yeah, it would be a huge seller, no doubt.

Tonights episode was good. Their inexperience showed. Midnight needs more than the glasses. She needs some smoke bombs. Hourman learned that super strength is not invulnerability. Wildcat held her own the best. Courtney needs to take control of the team. They could all use a lot of training and more members. The acting could be a little better. Overall it was nice to see their first mission together.

Tonights episode was good. Their inexperience showed. Midnight needs more than the glasses. She needs some smoke bombs. Hourman learned that super strength is not invulnerability. Wildcat held her own the best. Courtney needs to take control of the team. They could all use a lot of training and more members. The acting could be a little better. Overall it was nice to see their first mission together.
    I was rolling at the end when Courtney was venting to Pat. Yolanda was impressive. The writers are really laying thick on the anger card with Rick and he is coming off more of a unlikable douche than a sympathetic figure. I think he will come around on Pat and Pat can be that father figure he has been searching for. Still my favorite DC show to date!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I was rolling at the end when Courtney was venting to Pat. Yolanda was impressive. The writers are really laying thick on the anger card with Rick and he is coming off more of a unlikable douche than a sympathetic figure. I think he will come around on Pat and Pat can be that father figure he has been searching for. Still my favorite DC show to date!
    I mean I agree that Rick is being pretty aggressive, in fact he was near scary in the previous episode when it looked like he might fight Courtney and Yolanda, but his life has definitely warranted some anger.

I mean his parents died after leaving him behind, changed his name which I can only imagine has some attachment issue there, left him with an abusive uncle, and he’s only now found out they were murdered by villains instead of some tragic accident. Hell I even get him being upset with Pat for not knowing about him or his father.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I agree that Rick is being pretty aggressive, in fact he was near scary in the previous episode when it looked like he might fight Courtney and Yolanda, but his life has definitely warranted some anger.

I mean his parents died after leaving him behind, changed his name which I can only imagine has some attachment issue there, left him with an abusive uncle, and he’s only now found out they were murdered by villains instead of some tragic accident. Hell I even get him being upset with Pat for not knowing about him or his father.
    I’m waiting for him to uppercut his uncle right out of his shoes.

Extraordinary Member

I’m waiting for him to uppercut his uncle right out of his shoes.
    Except that while that might provide a nice emotional button marked "pushed", it wouldn't be true to the long-term ideal of Hourman as Pat related. Rex...who Rick is obviously going to sort of turn into, (his father's son sort of thing), would never do that; it would be wrong in the sense that it would be bullying the bully. Justice perhaps, but Hourman is obviously meant to embody higher ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Except that while that might provide a nice emotional button marked "pushed", it wouldn't be true to the long-term ideal of Hourman as Pat related. Rex...who Rick is obviously going to sort of turn into, (his father's son sort of thing), would never do that; it would be wrong in the sense that it would be bullying the bully. Justice perhaps, but Hourman is obviously meant to embody higher ideals.
    He’s not quite there yet. He has a lot of anger issues to deal with first. Maybe put him through a wall or throw him clear across town instead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I doubt he's physically stuck in there.
    But what if he was? It'd be a hell of a twist...