Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Does the owl bother anyone else? I mean, ten years in that place without food, water, or a way out? No one to pet the very cute bird? Does the bird in fact have powers? Something Pat said suggests that...

As others have said, another good episode. Nice to flesh out the villains a bit.
    I'm sure there are mice running around that old place
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Does the owl bother anyone else? I mean, ten years in that place without food, water, or a way out? No one to pet the very cute bird? Does the bird in fact have powers? Something Pat said suggests that...

As others have said, another good episode. Nice to flesh out the villains a bit.
    I mean I just assumed whoever maintains the memorial facility just feeds it. Although whoever the curator or manager or whatever the name is of someone in charge of a memorial did a poor job on security if a teenage girl can just sneak in and steal items of great power.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I just assumed whoever maintains the memorial facility just feeds it. Although whoever the curator or manager or whatever the name is of someone in charge of a memorial did a poor job on security if a teenage girl can just sneak in and steal items of great power.
    Well, who leaves such powerful artifacts, (though again, didn't seem to help their former owners), so unguarded? Pat's not that dumb...

Also, I'm still worried about the owl. What if he gets lonely?

Loved when she stole the pen, we heard the genie laughing!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I was under the assumption the owl comes and goes. Just returning to see if Doctor Mid-Nite is back yet.

Glad to see they're leaning hard into Icicle being a fascist.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-03-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    When Pat tells Courtney that every item in there was dangerous, I really wanted to believe it, but come on. Jay's hat is just a hat. Upside down it's a saucer. Maybe in Jay or Odd Job's hands it's a weapon, but otherwise it's a hat you can feed a cat out of.

Really loving the series thus far. It strikes a great tone for a show based on some of DC's brighter characters.
    Haha! The Helm of Fate, a sentient thunderbolt, a magical lantern, and...a saucer hat.

I was surprised to see Alan Scott up there, the only banner that isnt an actor but just a painting!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-03-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Actually, I don't think it does. It certainly doesn't if the old Arrowverse numbering is intact, IIRC they DID give it a number, but it was far from 2.
    Crisis reformatted the Multiverse. Earth-2 was confirmed to now be Stargirl's Earth at the end of Crisis when they were showing the restored Multiverse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The Helm of Fate, a sentient thunderbolt, a magical lantern, and...a saucer hat. Haha.

I was surprised to see Alan Scott up there, the only banner that isnt an actor but just a painting!
    I thought Jay also looked very Alex Ross. Though the actors were posed that way too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Crisis reformatted the Multiverse. Earth-2 was confirmed to now be Stargirl's Earth at the end of Crisis when they were showing the restored Multiverse.
    Ah. Hence my hedging, I thought there was a chance they did that then. I do hope they keep the style of this show, rather than change it to match the Arrowverse. This show works quite well on it's own, IMO.

I thought Jay also looked very Alex Ross. Though the actors were posed that way too.
    Yeah you're right- he was too. I'm guessing that just means there's no actor portraying them as of yet.

Loved the new episode and the hint of new recruits.

Midnight, Hourman and Wildcat we already knew about.
    (I figured the Owl could come and go as it pleased, just swooped inside to check whenever somebody showed up.)

Had no idea we'd potentially also be getting Jakeem Thunder (did we get a hint of who might be him at the school?)
    Icicle Jr. Cameron? Does he have an analog in the comic?
    And a Lantern legacy. (or two?
    I'm hoping they keep pulling from Infinity Inc. and it's revealed to be a young Jade and Obsidian, although they don't actually use the Lantern, it may just be to reveal a connection to their father.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

(*random googled image of twins, although their history is quite interesting (don't know if they act)

I would love to see Jade & Obsidian get some spotlight again.
    I do wonder if the new StarGirl show that's re-purposing some of the "lesser known" Infinity Inc. characters as Jr.JSA, can similarly be used as a vehicle to bring in Jade & Obsidian.

I can see them brought into that universe, as brooding withdrawn teenage siblings (afraid of their own powers), as runaway types, or in Courtney's school.

And exploring the mother reveal story arc --

Last edited by Güicho; 06-03-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Amazing Member

Actually, I don't think it does. It certainly doesn't if the old Arrowverse numbering is intact, IIRC they DID give it a number, but it was far from 2.
    Actually, yes, the Arrowverse designation for Stargirl's universe is Earth 2 Post-Crisis and Pre-Crisis it had no designation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heeroyuy_Batman View Post
    Actually, yes, the Arrowverse designation for Stargirl's universe is Earth 2 Post-Crisis and Pre-Crisis it had no designation.
    Note: already settled above.

James Robinson's episode was dope!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Look at Mike slipping Jakeem's name in like we're not going to get excited.

Not crazy about Wildcat's suit having augments to it, but it does help Yolanda get up to speed without a high school student being at the same level as the world heavyweight champion.

Anyone think Alan is stuck in the Lantern? There's no way he's dead. Jay either for that matter. I won't allow it.