Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    BTW, have they ever said WHY the Injustice Society didn't loot the dead and take the pen, the Helm, and the Lantern at least? I would have. Or why when they didn't, Pat just left three of the most powerful weapons in the universe just lying around with no real guards? And why didn't he try them himself? If he was concerned about the Injustice Society at all, he should have. Kind of a plot hole, I should think.
    At guess it’s possible that, since he apparently neglected a large portion of his training in magic, Wizard didn’t recognise what the pen and helm were and didn’t warn the ISA and Shade felt no inclination to correct him

As for the lantern, at a guess they might have thought it’s power was broken by the whole explosion thing

Seems unlikely they didn't know about ...the ring,
    Read what I wrote, I specifically did not include the ring
    The ring is what they would know about and pursue.
    I said they wouldn't default know the source; (IE the Lantern)
    And pointed out the ring is still unaccounted for (we don't know if they pursued it or where it is)
    Just cause the audience doesn't know where the ring is, doesn't mean it's a plot hole.
    Pursuit of the ring and where it shows up may still be a developing narrative.

As far as the actual objects shown;

Seems unlikely they didn't know about the Lantern,
    Again, why would the ISA default know about the existence a physical Lantern?
    Yeah it's his name and logo, yet as far as they know he is perceived symbolically as the lantern,
    He doesn't charge in-front of others, and doesn't carry it into battle.
    It was likely hidden.
    And there isn't a Sinestro like counterpart, or previous fallen lantern on the ISA that would know.
    So why would they default know about it?

Seems unlikely they didn't know about the ... the pen.
    As the actual source of the power?
    I think part of the point is nobody would assume a pen.
    And if they did, does it just work for anyone?
    Also doesn't it become the source after Johny and the lightning transcend into it. (they may have not actually seen that or anyone even use the pen yet)
    Could be Pat knows the Lightning is now ensconced there, why would the ISA automatically know?

BTW, have they ever said WHY the Injustice Society didn't loot the dead and take the pen, the Helm, and the Lantern at least?
    You haven't shown why they would default know about any of them as the source of power.

And why didn't he try them himself? If he was concerned about the Injustice Society at all, he should have.
    Things not revealed yet, doesn't automatically mean plot hole.
    Again Lantern alone doesn't work without the ring. The pen (we saw Courtney click it) doesn't work for just anyone.
    The Helmet I still need more info on, Was it always the source of Nelson's power, and does it just work for anyone putting it on?

Are these "plot holes"? Or things just unrevealed , not explored yet.

Pat just left three of the most powerful weapons in the universe just lying around with no real guards?
    Kind of a plot hole, I should think.
    As far as defense of JSA HQ, even where it is.
    Yeah that still needs to be examined/explored.

Doesn't make it plot hole.
    More still to be revealed /unrevealed.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-03-2020 at 07:42 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The IJ would probably know IMO, because they fought as if they knew what they were doing, and it seems that at least a few of them seem to very much like knowing things like that. As well, this is a group that on paper shouldn't beat the JSA, yet they did. Mahkent seems the sort to have read Sun Tzu. So, yeah, he'd very likely know, as would...the TELEPATH, Brainwave.
    It's entirely possible any of these questions are on the too be revealed later category. But for the moment, they are unrevealed.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I have recently read the entire 80 issue James Robinson Starman run, and I have a few questions to ask (Spoilers):

1. What comic was Blue Devil resurrected after he was killed by The Mist?

2. What comics has Jack Knight had cameos in after Starman 80?

3. Has Prince Gavyn's merging with Will Payton ever been mentioned post Robinson's Starman?

4. Have any comics shown whether or not the current Black Canary, Dinah Lance, is aware of her mother, Dinah Drake's affair with Ted Knight?

5. What comic was Dr. Phosphorus resurrected when he got crushed to death by Ted Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I have recently read the entire 80 issue James Robinson Starman run, and I have a few questions to ask (Spoilers):

3. Has Prince Gavyn's merging with Will Payton ever been mentioned post Robinson's Starman?

4. Have any comics shown whether or not the current Black Canary, Dinah Lance, is aware of her mother, Dinah Drake's affair with Ted Knight?

5. What comic was Dr. Phosphorus resurrected when he got crushed to death by Ted Knight?

I can answer some but not all.

2. Jack's run was near the end, if memory serves and he had small roles in the JSA vol 1 by Goyer, Robinson, & Johns before his retirement at the conclusion of his run in Starman. Jack also appeared in one or two issues of Geoff Johns , Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.
    Other than that the reason that Jack has not appeared in anything since his retirement (from my understanding) is that James Robinson was able to retain the rights to Jack. Therefore, Jack has his happy ending and is retired passing the rod to Courtney.

3. Not to my recollection.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Just read this. Courtney and Bart have a lot in common. They're both too impulsive and drive their mentors up the wall!
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Impulse_Vol_1_61
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post

1. He was resurrected in the Day of Judgement miniseries (1999) by Felix Faust’s son Sebastian Faust.

2. His Stars and Stripe and JSA appearances all took place off panel during the last ten issues (70-80) of Starman. Jack’s made only cameo since Starman #80. At Sue Dibny’s funeral in Identity Crisis.

3. Not sure. When he appeared in Rann-Thanagar War. He was just Prince Gavyn.

4. Yes. Dinah found out in flashback the first year the JUstice League was formed. In JUstice League: Year One mini series. She’s pretty pissed about it. She realizes she’s getting too close to Barry Allen, and chooses not to be a home wrecker like her mom. (Barry was with Iris). This was right before she and Ollie started flirting.

5. Not sure on this. But it has to be a Batman comic.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-04-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Well the CW just got its hands on Stargirl so I guess the quality of the show is about to nosedive. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Well the CW just got its hands on Stargirl so I guess the quality of the show is about to nosedive. :/
    That only assumes that they're going to shift the production completely over to it being a CW show, which I don't think is guaranteed.

Although I feel like the writing was on the wall when they were promoting it more on the CW then on DC Universe.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Rest in Peace, Stargirl. Man, it was a fun run.

HBOMax or Netflix would have been a solid choice, and I hope this doesn't mean the end of DC Universe. It's pretty annoying that these shows keep getting outsourced to network TV.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-06-2020 at 11:51 AM.

No! This was such a good show! Now with the move they’re going to end up doing to it what they did to Supergirl, Batwoman, and Flash. Basically insert a bunch extreme leftist ideology and completely ruin the already strong female and POC characters the show already has. Ugh! CW is going to ruin another female character (what they did to Batwoman and Supergirl is an extreme travesty).

Edit: Too bad HBO Max didn’t pick it up.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Until I hear that they are making serious production changes to the show and moving everything to Vancouver, I am going to refrain from assuming this is going to turn into another dime-a-dozen Arrowverse show on the CW.

As long as Johns is still involved, I'm confident.

My biggest concern is whether or not this is going to make the jump to a 22 episode Season, which I think would have a more detrimental impact on the quality than what channel it's going to be on. As long as roughly the same writing staff remains in place and Johns is the strongest voice in the room, I'm pretty confident the show will still be good.

Wait I just saw it was renewed? Where are you guys seeing that the CW is taking over?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Yes, it's renewed, but on the CW, not DC Universe. https://www.cbr.com/stargirl-renewed-season-2-move-cw/

I know this means the budget may drop, as happened when Supergirl moved to CW from CBS, but that shouldn't affect the writing. It's not going to turn into a Flash or Arrow clone just because it's now being made for broadcast instead of streaming.

I can see it rotating with Legends of Tomorrow, which has a shorter season length than the other shows. I also wouldn't be surprised to see it cross over with the Flash (it wouldn't be all the shows - we know that Batwoman and Superman are meant to have a smaller crossover, so Flash hasn't had any crossover plans announced for season 7 yet). It'd be a way to reintroduce the multiverse after Crisis on Infinite Earths destroyed the old one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman