Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Starman/Stargirl Appreciation 2020

Stargirl.jpg

Starman.jpg

Here is a thread for our favorite wielders of the cosmic rod/staff! Looking forward to Courtney's show later this year.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Happy New Year to the Knight family and Courtney .

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Lee Moder cover to STARS & STRIPE #8.

Stars8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Lee Moder cover to STARS & STRIPE #8.

Stars8.jpg
    Cute cover .

I wasnt even excited for STARGIRL tv show when I heard it was being produced, but now I cant wait.

Its gonna be lit. The trailers convinced me.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Robinson's Starman is one of DC's hidden gems and it made me love Jack. Likewise, JSA made me a fan of Courtney and I was so jazzed to hear she was getting a show.

It's connection to the CW has me worried, but I'm hoping there isn't much influence from them involved in it's production going forward as I believe they just get to air it afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    I wasnt even excited for STARGIRL tv show when I heard it was being produced, but now I cant wait.

Its gonna be lit. The trailers convinced me.

youtube;Bp5Xv7QcgkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5Xv7QcgkM

Yeah looks surprisingly fun.

Surprised the Stars & Stripes family doesn't have a book out to coincide with the show.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-22-2020 at 04:39 PM.

I’m pretty excited to see this show, and honestly if the internet talk is true I’d gladly take a crossover between Flash or Supergirl and Stargirl.

Honestly I’ve always liked Courtney, though in fairness Jack’s series was over when I started reading comics and the JSA and I have gone back to read the series since.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m pretty excited to see this show, and honestly if the internet talk is true I’d gladly take a crossover between Flash or Supergirl and Stargirl.
    Would (John Wesley Shipp's) Jay Garrick cross over into this show, or do they get their own?
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-22-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Would (John Wesley Shipp's) Jay Garrick cross over into this show, or do they get their own?
    Hard to say, given what happened in Crisis on Infinite Earths, the multiverse, and the previous Earth 2. However I think there was an interview about Jay Garrick and Alan Scott but it wasn’t definite on anything, so again hard to say.

Edit: Here is an article about Geoff Johns talking about Alan and Jay, along with the IGN article it originated from where he was talking about the cast.

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...off-johns-says

https://www.ign.com/articles/stargir...ustice-society
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-22-2020 at 06:04 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Really excited for this show. I’m a big Stargirl fan and really wish DC would bring her back into a book.

I would really love for JWS to appear but I think the show will be more about legacy and following in the JSA footsteps.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Great premiere episode!!! The opening in particular was pretty cool. Really looking forward to next weeks episode and seeing where they take this. Also, is it just me or did this premiere seem to have a larger budget than other CW properties. It looked REALLY good on TV!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Great premiere episode!!! The opening in particular was pretty cool. Really looking forward to next weeks episode and seeing where they take this. Also, is it just me or did this premiere seem to have a larger budget than other CW properties. It looked REALLY good on TV!
    Yeah I’m glad to have this show, not only because Stargirl is fun but it feels like a great way to involve the JSA which I am a big fan of.

As for the budget, yeah it’s probably different because CW only has the rights to premiere it but it’s technically a DC universe show, though it does have strong connections to the other CW show.
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The premier episode was everything I'd hoped it'd be. Really excited to see more. Brec and Luke were phenomenal.

There's about 8-10 minutes of content that is in the DCU version that were cut from the CW version to make room for commercials. It ran 53+ minutes without commercials on the DC Universe platform but had to fit into a 1 hour block with 15 or so minutes of commercials on the WB. I watched it on the DC app first, and later with my wife on the WB and the missing scenes blunted the impact of some of the scenes that made it in because it stripped them of their context.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato