Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The CW shows have all been getting teasers using comic art. We've already had Dreamer, Supergirl, Lois, Iris, Flash, Black Lightning, and now it's Courtney's turn!
    Ah, the full body New 52 suit...

Stargirl is on the cover of this week's TV and Satellite Week to celebrate her arrival on Amazon Prime Video.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    her arrival on Amazon Prime Video.
    Was it confirmed if these will be the edited for CW advert-time versions? Or I assume (hoping) the full broadcast versions?
    Also is there a running list off all the differences, scenes cut out?

Can't check that until next week. It's out next Friday, not today.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just finished Stargirl. Overall I really enjoyed this first season. I like Joel McHale and with so many Starman personas to choose from why did the showrunners decide to create one from scratch?
    Beth is about useless but the others shone as legacies.
    The political commentary about the Injustice Societies plans and being brainwashed struck me as funny in a way I'm sure the writers room didn't fully intend.

Lets have that second season.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Yeah, from day one -- I just ddidn't see Beth as a viable super hero. She's nothing like Beth in the comics -- and I'm pretty sure she's going to be sideline any time there is a chance of an altercation. I have a feeling she's be trying to repair/rescue Chuck and will somehow become a tech genius like the way all geeks do on CW hero shows.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeah, from day one -- I just ddidn't see Beth as a viable super hero. She's nothing like Beth in the comics -- and I'm pretty sure she's going to be sideline any time there is a chance of an altercation. I have a feeling she's be trying to repair/rescue Chuck and will somehow become a tech genius like the way all geeks do on CW hero shows.
    No, the real Doc Midnite, AKA Chuck, the real version, likely isn't dead and likely will make a comeback next season. Well, that's my take, anyway. It was The Shade that dragged him away...and we never saw what happened after. Real Chuck will become her friend and mentor...or possibly disappoint her. And he might repair the googles himself as a present for her.

I just finished the first season of Stargirl and I'm pretty impressed. Sure there are some silly elements, but the show is really fun and I love the way they adapted the comics while still telling a brand new story.
    As usual, DC Comics did nothing to capitalize on the shows success. A Digital First Stargirl series would make a lot of sense. They could launch a "season" right before the show's return.

Well here's some good news!

INFINITE FRONTIER #0

Written by SCOTT SNYDER, GEOFF JOHNS, JAMES TYNION IV, JOSHUA WILLIAMSON, GEOFFREY THORNE, PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, JOËLLE JONES, and TIM SHERIDAN

Art by JOHN TIMMS, HOWARD PORTER, JOËLLE JONES, JORGE JIMENEZ, ALITHA MARTINZEZ, DAVID MARQUEZ, STEPHEN BYRNE, JAMAL IGLE, DEXTER SOY, RAFA SANDOVAL, ALEX MALEEV, JOHN ROMITA JR., and others

Wraparound cover by DAN JURGENS and MIKEL JANÍN

Card stock variant cover by JOHN TIMMS

The next phase of the DC Universe begins here! Dark Knights: Death Metal presented the darkest threats of the Multiverse. DC Future State revealed what may lie ahead. Now it's time to look into the Infinite Frontier of the current-day DC Universe.

In Gotham City, The Joker jolts citizens awake with an attack even the Dark Knight never expected. In Brazil, a young woman discovers her destiny and her connection to the Amazons. In Belle Reve, Amanda Waller plots an invasion of Arkham Asylum. In the far reaches of space, Mongul dreams of galactic domination, while the Green Lantern Corps hosts a summit of its greatest enemies. At the Hall of Justice, the League joins forces with Black Adam. Beyond the mortal world, Wonder Woman settles into a new role in the godsphere. And somewhere in the DC Universe--it's the return of Stargirl, in an all-new tale written by Geoff Johns.

64 pages, $5.99, (variant, $6.99), available on March 2.

There's an Alan Scott story in there too, so Courtney's probably isn't there to tease JSA. I wonder if the team is getting a book with her solo as the backup?

I'm happy to see Courtney back, I'm guessing Johns is basically reintroducing her (and Pat) and maybe teasing the new JSA...and hopefully not holding her hostage for a book he may never end up writing .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm happy to see Courtney back, I'm guessing Johns is basically reintroducing her (and Pat) and maybe teasing the new JSA...and hopefully not holding her hostage for a book he may never end up writing .
    When Johns finally leaves DC, I fear Courtney goes with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Pretty much. Kind of sucks but at least we have the show to look forward to.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, if he does start writing her regularly, hopefully it's just 10 page backups in JSA, someone else writing the main Justice Society feature. That's half the work, so hopefully wouldn't see the delays that Shazam or Doomsday Clock had.

The JSA teasing would happen in the Alan Scott story, that's what makes me they'll be doing a JSA book with a Stargirl backup.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-19-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I like Joel McHale and with so many Starman personas to choose from why did the showrunners decide to create one from scratch?
    They didn't create one from scratch. They just had Skyman go as Starman instead to streamline the whole legacy thing a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hopefully not...that she's on the big Infinite Frontier splash tells me DC has plans for her to some extent, whether that involves Johns or otherwise.