Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Believe it or not, it was Gotham City.
    Oh wow! I never knew that. I knew Alan Scott operated out of Gotham but Ted did as well?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Does anyone prefer Will Payton Starman to Jack Knight?

James Robinson's Starman is up there with Neil Gaiman's Sandman and Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. However it has it's rough spots such as Stars my Destination.
    I like Will as Starman as much as I like Jack as Starman. But in reference to the stories told --- Jack's are far superior to Will's.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Oh wow! I never knew that. I knew Alan Scott operated out of Gotham but Ted did as well?
    That ended after Crisis on Infinite Earths when earth-2 merged with Earth 1.

It wasn’t until the James Robinson series that they retcon it was Opal City.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I've been loving the show! I think the move to CW is an okay idea. I think it may have a better chance of survival there. Maybe more people were watching it on the CW than on DC Universe. I'm watching it on both, currently. On my own on DC Universe and with the family on CW.

Also, why is Stargirl not being used in the comics right now, dang it. She should at least be on a team or something
    Young Justice, Titans...JSA haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I've been loving the show! I think the move to CW is an okay idea. I think it may have a better chance of survival there. Maybe more people were watching it on the CW than on DC Universe. I'm watching it on both, currently. On my own on DC Universe and with the family on CW.

Also, why is Stargirl not being used in the comics right now, dang it. She should at least be on a team or something
    JSA, JSA...JSA haha.
    Fixed it for you.

Courtney is a mainstay for the younger generation of the JSA. It wouldn't feel like the Justice Society without her at this point, save the flashback or 40s stories.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Courtney is a mainstay for the younger generation of the JSA. It wouldn't feel like the Justice Society without her at this point, save the flashback or 40s stories.
    Thank you, I always have typos like that in my posts haha.

I agree, she should be in the book, if we get one XD. Which I hope we do. If we don't I want her used in something lol. She has her own TV show dang it.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Will Payton's purple/yellow get up is so damn aesthetic, I wish he'd make a come back in that. I've been looking over issues from his run as Starman, and his second costume is fine- but man is his OG look is a hit that hits.

Also speaking of "hits that ultimately hit"! This week's episode of STARGIRL was another hit. I loved the ideological battle over Brainwave Jr. Courtney is so headstrong and heroic. Also loved how Courtney didn't ask Pat why he's in a 100 year old photograph, she's probably thinking "yeah checks out, old man is old". Loved the 7 Soldiers showing up! So sad that this show is ending.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-14-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Also speaking of "hits that ultimately hit"! This week's episode of STARGIRL was another hit. I loved the ideological battle over Brainwave Jr. Courtney is so headstrong and heroic. Also loved how Courtney didn't ask Pat why he's in a 100 year old photograph, she's probably thinking "yeah checks out, old man is old". Loved the 7 Soldiers showing up! So sad that this show is ending.
    I've seen speculation the Seven Soldiers are going to be used to explain away the age discrepancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen speculation the Seven Soldiers are going to be used to explain away the age discrepancy.
    To make Pat a time traveler? I'm way way into that.

To make Pat a time traveler? I'm way way into that.
    Isn't that how they handled it in the comics? Some of the Seven Soldiers time-traveled?

Extraordinary Member

Isn't that how they handled it in the comics? Some of the Seven Soldiers time-traveled?
    Not just some. All of them. Minus Wing who died.

Yeah it is, they all did. I hope you're right, cause I love that. It also makes Pat a much richer character. A man lost in time and making the best of it.

Extraordinary Member

I really liked the Norwegian prayer.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah it is, they all did. I hope you're right, cause I love that. It also makes Pat a much richer character. A man lost in time and making the best of it.
    I guess he lied about playing classic arcade games in his youth when talking to Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I really liked the Norwegian prayer.
    Icicle's family is hardcore (except for Cameron).