Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Does anyone prefer Will Payton Starman to Jack Knight?

James Robinson's Starman is up there with Neil Gaiman's Sandman and Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. However it has it's rough spots such as Stars my Destination.
    Jack all the way for me too. It is my all time favorite series and I usually reread at least every couple of years. I love Jack’s growth through the series, especially his relationship with Ted.

However, to be fair I have never read Will’s series. It’s on my radar though.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 07-07-2020 at 06:18 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Wow, you guys really have no faith in the CW not to ruin this show. I think it's been great so far. If they can maintain this quality, I'd love that, but that's always a mixed bag. Some shows get better, while some get worse.

I remember struggling through a lot of bad Star Trek to get good Star Trek. Seasons of bad Star Trek.
    The CW now has a track record of not being able to maintain the quality of their shows. So no, I have no faith at all in CW being able to maintain the high quality of Stargirl.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I like the Stargirl series... I really do, but those damn teenagers are getting on my nerves! Every time Courtney talked over or contradicted Pat, I was like, GIRL!!!! Thankfully they are beginning to listen to Stripy a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Excuse me? Take another look at the vanity plates. Stargirl has the same one as the Arrowverse shows - Berlanti Productions. It's always been made by the same guys who make The Flash! The budget might drop, but writing isn't what's going to change. They might lose an actor or two, like Supergirl did.
    I only assume that if they move to Vancouver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The typical hallmarks of Berlanti Production's fingerprints are nowhere to be seen. This is Geoff Johns and James Robinson, with a swath of other great creative. It's not just the writing its every production detail.
    But so far nothing has been confirmed to change from a production standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I only assume that if they move to Vancouver.
    They certainly will. It's cheaper and that trash network is the cheapest there is. I don't expect the Stargirl production to remain in Atlanta and even if it does, the budget is still going down. I wish CW showed me something to give them the benefit of the doubt but sadly there isn't anything. They're garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They certainly will. It's cheaper and that trash network is the cheapest there is. I don't expect the Stargirl production to remain in Atlanta and even if it does, the budget is still going down. I wish CW showed me something to give them the benefit of the doubt but sadly there isn't anything. They're garbage.
    But there isn't really enough of a precedent to assume one way or another.

I mean, in the case of Supergirl, it got dropped by CBS and needed to be picked up by another network. I don't get that same sense here.

Extraordinary Member

What do guys thinks of the fully cw dc shows after smallville and do think any of them are good or not and if any seasons were bad or good to you?

1-Arrow

2-The Flash

3-Supergirl

4-Legends of Tomorrow

5-Black Lightning

6-Batwoman

7-iZombie

Black Lightning by the way is still in Atlanta.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-07-2020 at 08:46 AM.

I’m in the middle of the episode. What did the staff say? I replayed it a few times and it sounded like revenge.

OK now that I finished the episode it was another good episode. Shiv is in deep water now with her dad. Brainwave Jr was being used by her. Is he going to join the JSA or the ISA? He took out both of them with one blast. Shiv’s mother got a little frisky with Pat. The Midnight goggles definitely come in handy. How many episodes are in season one? I’m waiting for Pat’s son to find the armor and take it for a spin.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 07-07-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Black Lightning films in Atlanta, the same as Stargirl.

As far as we know, it will be fine.

Well, there's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2, the greatest season of Arrowverse TV there is, bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Well, there's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2, the greatest season of Arrowverse TV there is, bar none.
    My favorite will always be S1 of The Flash. Not just in the Arrowverse, but it's probably my favorite piece of superhero television ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    It's funny you mention that season in this thread, given how much they squandered/wasted the JSA and Stargirl in that season...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny you mention that season in this thread, given how much they squandered/wasted the JSA and Stargirl in that season...
    Yet another reason I am nervous about this move.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Did Opal City exist prior to James Robinson's Starman?

If not, what city did Ted Knight fight crime in?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Did Opal City exist prior to James Robinson's Starman?

If not, what city did Ted Knight fight crime in?
    Believe it or not, it was Gotham City.