Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Same here, such emotion in that scene- and Pat's pure hearted kindness.
    This is because Luke Wilson is awesome and because Pat is the new best, nicest character in comic book TV. That said, I'm not sure I'd want a new Stargirl comic. Before you guys pounce......here's my reasoning.

Stargirl is at her best when written or closely supervised by none other than Geoff Johns, her creator. Which makes sense. But he's...busy...with Stargirl the TV series among other things. Could he write a SG comic on top of all that, without his quality suffering? History suggests...not. As his workload goes up, his quality suffers....much like almost anyone.

And do we want to have a less than "best possible" versions of this show or a comic? I don't. I want either a very good TV show, or a very good comic, not mediocre versions of both. And of the two, I prefer the TV series.

And since this is for my money the best comic book TV show hands down currently going....I just really don't want them to rock the boat too much, if you get what I mean.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    This is because Luke Wilson is awesome and because Pat is the new best, nicest character in comic book TV. That said, I'm not sure I'd want a new Stargirl comic. Before you guys pounce......here's my reasoning.

Stargirl is at her best when written or closely supervised by none other than Geoff Johns, her creator. Which makes sense. But he's...busy...with Stargirl the TV series among other things. Could he write a SG comic on top of all that, without his quality suffering? History suggests...not. As his workload goes up, his quality suffers....much like almost anyone.

And do we want to have a less than "best possible" versions of this show or a comic? I don't. I want either a very good TV show, or a very good comic, not mediocre versions of both. And of the two, I prefer the TV series.

And since this is for my money the best comic book TV show hands down currently going....I just really don't want them to rock the boat too much, if you get what I mean.
    I don't disagree with you. I'd be worried about any STARGIRL book without Johns, unless someone great like Cecil Castellucci was on it.

I'd prefer a book about Will Payton/Prince Gavyn amalgamated into one being, like at the end of Robinson's STARMAN- or some new character/concept with sound authorship.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-31-2020 at 10:34 AM.

I get where you are coming from. I don't need a solo Stargirl comic, but it would be nice to have her in a JSA book.........if we ever get one again. However, I also prefer a rocking TV show over solo comic.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Is James Dale Robinson, writer on Stargirl, the same James Robinson who wrote The Golden Age and Starman?

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Is James Dale Robinson, writer on Stargirl, the same James Robinson who wrote The Golden Age and Starman?
    I'm pretty sure it is.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I get where you are coming from. I don't need a solo Stargirl comic, but it would be nice to have her in a JSA book.........if we ever get one again. However, I also prefer a rocking TV show over solo comic.
    I would love to see John's do a 6 issue miniseries for Stargirl, kinda resetting her up in rebirth, then have someone do a JSA series and fold her into that.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I would love to see John's do a 6 issue miniseries for Stargirl, kinda resetting her up in rebirth, then have someone do a JSA series and fold her into that.
    I would say that establishing minis for all the principal players in the JSA would be a good idea, since they've been on the shelf for so long, (well, many of them). Besides, I'm greedy... and more JSA has got to be better.

But...for the show, I just want it to continue being as good as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Yeah! It's him.

I would say that establishing minis for all the principal players in the JSA would be a good idea, since they've been on the shelf for so long, (well, many of them). Besides, I'm greedy... and more JSA has got to be better.

But...for the show, I just want it to continue being as good as it is.
    I agree. A series of 6 issue minis would be perfect. WILDCAT staring Yolanda, HOURMAN staring Rick, DOCTOR MIDNITE staring Beth, JADE, OF THE GREEN FLAME staring Jade, a new take on Liberty Belle, CYCLONE staring Maxine, JAKEEM THUNDER, etc. They all could lead into a JUSTICE SOCIETY 12 issue maxi-series.

Well, they did do one-shots for the Rebirth Justice League of America members...

Extraordinary Member

I was thinking more Dr. Fate, Mr. Terrific, Doc Midnite (Pieter), Ted Grant, Jay, Alan, Kara, Rick Tyler, and of course Courtney (and Pat). That's a bit more classic modern JSA, or at least the core of it.

That said, why not have those others as part of a new Infinity Inc series build-up? Before this show, I'd have said characters like Beth and Yolanda were a bit...minor for that treatment, but now...they might do well in a new Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they did do one-shots for the Rebirth Justice League of America members...
    Yeah! Something exactly like that, or Morrison's 7 SOLDIERS.

I was thinking more Dr. Fate, Mr. Terrific, Doc Midnite (Pieter), Ted Grant, Jay, Alan, Kara, Rick Tyler, and of course Courtney (and Pat). That's a bit more classic modern JSA, or at least the core of it.

That said, why not have those others as part of a new Infinity Inc series build-up? Before this show, I'd have said characters like Beth and Yolanda were a bit...minor for that treatment, but now...they might do well in a new Infinity.
    Let Stargirl build her Infinity Inc with Wildcat (Yolanda), Dr Midnight (Beth), Hourman (Rick), Jakeem Thunder, Jade, Obsidan and Dr Fate (Khalid). I’d prefer that to sticking her with a generation she doesn’t really belong to.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Let Stargirl build her Infinity Inc with Wildcat (Yolanda), Dr Midnight (Beth), Hourman (Rick), Jakeem Thunder, Jade, Obsidan and Dr Fate (Khalid). I’d prefer that to sticking her with a generation she doesn’t really belong to.
    Great idea. She can lead an Infinity Inc book while we get a JSA book too. I’m greedy. JSA, Infinity Inc and All-Star Squadron. Make it happen DC before I die. I don’t read Batman. At this point it is really BC comics not DC comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Great idea. She can lead an Infinity Inc book while we get a JSA book too. I’m greedy. JSA, Infinity Inc and All-Star Squadron. Make it happen DC before I die. I don’t read Batman. At this point it is really BC comics not DC comics.
    That’s my thoughts exactly! If the JL can have their legacies running around in different team books (Titans, Teen Titans, Young Jusrice) than the JSA should be able to do the same with Infinity Inc.

JSA: Flash (Jay), Green Lantern (Alan), Dr Fate (Kent), Wildcat (Ted), Hourman (Rex), Dr Midnight (Charles), Sandman (Wesley), Powergirl, Mr Terrific, Amazing Man (Will), Liberty Belle (Libby), Miss America (Joan)

II: Stargirl, Jade, Obsidian, Dr Fate (Khalid), Wildcat (Yolanda), Hourman (Rick), Dr Midnight (Beth), Jakeem Thunder, Atom Smasher, Crimson Avenger (Jill), Cyclone, Damage
    Last edited by Samm; 08-02-2020 at 12:38 PM.