Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 293
  1. #226
    Incredible Member Dreaded Porcupine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The pages of Spider-Woman
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Will Payton's purple/yellow get up is so damn aesthetic, I wish he'd make a come back in that. I've been looking over issues from his run as Starman, and his second costume is fine- but man is his OG look is a hit that hits.


    Also speaking of "hits that ultimately hit"! This week's episode of STARGIRL was another hit. I loved the ideological battle over Brainwave Jr. Courtney is so headstrong and heroic. Also loved how Courtney didn't ask Pat why he's in a 100 year old photograph, she's probably thinking "yeah checks out, old man is old". Loved the 7 Soldiers showing up! So sad that this show is ending.
    Wait! What? The show is ending? When did this happen? When is it ending? Itís not like the phenomenal flop the Inhumans were. This show has been great. The acting leaves a lot to be desired but it has been very good plot and execution wise.

  2. #227
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Wait! What? The show is ending? When did this happen? When is it ending? It’s not like the phenomenal flop the Inhumans were. This show has been great. The acting leaves a lot to be desired but it has been very good plot and execution wise.
    The season is concluding and then it moves to the CW, which for many of us feels like the death of the show we're enjoying before the CW staples transform it into essentially a new show. We all want to be wrong, but that's probably where Flash (AaaAAH) Gordon's coming from.

  3. #228
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,282

    Default

    I still maintain there is no reason to expect the show to become more like an average Arrowverse show unless there is a bunch of major production changes announced all at once.

  4. #229
    Writer of Jack The Hunted Power Torch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    I'm guessing the show had more watchers on the CW, so they switched. I mean it's the same staff and talent, right? So it should change all that much.

    Pulls:
    Lion Forge: Summit, All CPU Titles. DC: Justice League Dark. Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Champions. Valiant: Shadowman. Dynamite: Vampirella, Sacred Six, Vampirella: Dark Powers.
    Support Catalyst Prime! A brand new, amazing & creative superhero universe from Lion Forge!

  5. #230
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still maintain there is no reason to expect the show to become more like an average Arrowverse show unless there is a bunch of major production changes announced all at once.
    I hope you are right, but the CW needs to prove it. So far they have a pretty awful track record.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, The Flash, & TMNT!

  6. #231
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I hope you are right, but the CW needs to prove it. So far they have a pretty awful track record.
    Black Lightning seems to be in a similar situation to Stargirl from a production standpoint and it seems to be left relatively untouched.

  7. #232
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I'm guessing the show had more watchers on the CW, so they switched. I mean it's the same staff and talent, right? So it should change all that much.
    Eh I expect Luke Wilson to drop out any day now.

  8. #233
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The season is concluding and then it moves to the CW, which for many of us feels like the death of the show we're enjoying before the CW staples transform it into essentially a new show. We all want to be wrong, but that's probably where Flash (AaaAAH) Gordon's coming from.
    It has been a good run though, hasn't it? Genuinely my favourite DC show, next to Batman '66. Pour one out, yos.

  9. #234
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Black Lightning seems to be in a similar situation to Stargirl from a production standpoint and it seems to be left relatively untouched.
    That's the one silver lining to this storm cloud because I love Black Lightning. While I really do not care for the other CW shows, BL rules.

  10. #235
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    spoilers:
    To be honest, it was good to see Courtney's secrecy catching up with her and forcing her to deal with the fallout.

    When they named the episode after Henry Jr, I knew he wasn't long for this world but damn if his actor didn't absolutely nail that final scene. This show has been excellent.
    end of spoilers

    If after Death Metal we don't have a book with Court and the Johns era JSA, I'll be sorely disappointed. I miss them so much.

  11. #236
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    spoilers:
    To be honest, it was good to see Courtney's secrecy catching up with her and forcing her to deal with the fallout.

    When they named the episode after Henry Jr, I knew he wasn't long for this world but damn if his actor didn't absolutely nail that final scene. This show has been excellent.
    end of spoilers

    If after Death Metal we don't have a book with Court and the Johns era JSA, I'll be sorely disappointed. I miss them so much.
    spoilers:
    Well, Courtney was right that Barbara would immediately try and get them to stop...although it seems like she was starting to come around by the end.

    I"m glad Brainwave Jr. got to be part of the team for at least an hour or two before his heroic sacrifice (not that I think he's dead)
    end of spoilers

    I'd rather a Stargirl JSA book than a "Wonder Woman and the JSA" book personally.

  12. #237
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, Courtney was right that Barbara would immediately try and get them to stop...although it seems like she was starting to come around by the end.

    I"m glad Brainwave Jr. got to be part of the team for at least an hour or two before his heroic sacrifice (not that I think he's dead)
    end of spoilers

    I'd rather a Stargirl JSA book than a "Wonder Woman and the JSA" book personally.
    I think each can be fun, but my favorite JSA was the Johns lineup once Power Girl joined so I'd rather that be what we get, Court included.
    spoilers:

    Barbara would probably have come around if she was told early and kept in the loop before anything dangerous happened as a result. Finding out this if what your daughter is doing after getting over the chance of having lost her in a "car accident" is pretty much going to only end one way.
    end of spoilers

  13. #238
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,600

    Default

    I'm really hoping we get a STARGIRL solo book after Death Metal.

    This week's episode (a James Robinson episode!) was another home run. The 40-45 minute run time is a real bummer, but they still make it work. This show has such a sense of place to it, such an authenticity of character. A ton of gravitas. Courtney is the hero we need in 2020, I'd say.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-21-2020 at 12:58 PM.

  14. #239
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think each can be fun, but my favorite JSA was the Johns lineup once Power Girl joined so I'd rather that be what we get, Court included.
    spoilers:

    Barbara would probably have come around if she was told early and kept in the loop before anything dangerous happened as a result. Finding out this if what your daughter is doing after getting over the chance of having lost her in a "car accident" is pretty much going to only end one way.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think she would have been against anything that put Courtney in danger period, although now that there's probably no way she can physically stop her that might not be as much of an issue.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm really hoping we get a STARGIRL solo book after Death Metal.

    This week's episode (a James Robinson episode!) was another home run. The 40-45 minute run time is a real bummer, but they still make it work. This show has such a sense of place to it, such an authenticity of character. A ton of gravitas. Courtney is the hero we need in 2020, I'd say.
    Considering Robinson's current comic output, I'm happy this show has let him kind of redeem himself in some ways writing-wise. Fittingly considering it focuses on Golden Age legacies.

    Tone down the impulsiveness and I absolutely agree with you .

  15. #240
    Incredible Member Dreaded Porcupine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The pages of Spider-Woman
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Tonight's episode knocked it out of the park. Wow! Wasn't expecting this. It just got cranked up a big notch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •