Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Solid first episode. I got to see Sandman’s second appearance on TV. Both times laying there dead as a door nail. It was nice seeing the real JSA. Disappointing that they were getting their asses handed to them by an inferior team. Hopefully the new JSA will have some cool characters like Atom Smasher, Cyclone and Sand on the team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I did think that Sylvester was a real prick, though.
    Funny, though.

I wasn't expecting to like this but it has a certain charm
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

The ones we seem to be getting first season at least are new Hourman, new Wildcat, new Dr. Midnite, and of course as we've already seen Pat suited up. I haven't seen anyone else in the promos. Maybe a few episodes in though?

LOVED the pilot. Watched it on the CW with my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The ones we seem to be getting first season at least are new Hourman, new Wildcat, new Dr. Midnite, and of course as we've already seen Pat suited up. I haven't seen anyone else in the promos. Maybe a few episodes in though?
    I can totally see them introducing a new Doctor Fate if they get a season 2.
    Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Justice League.

My favorite film trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Also, Dr. Midnite was dragged away...but where? He might have survived that. Hourman...I don't even know what happened to him, though obviously there's going to be a new Hourman. The Hawks? Were they even there, or Dr. Fate? I would say at the very least, they were taken off the table...for now. Whether they might return at some point is open I suppose. But it won't truly be before the baby JSA gets it's licks on the Injustice Society.
    Hourman got blasted by Wizard, I think.

Episode 2 out today, won’t spoil anything but we see Stargirl in costume and we get to see more of S.T.R.I.P.E., which this show definitely put money into.

As for the rest of the JSA we learned something important, which I will put in this spoiler block for those interested.

spoilers:
    Pat reveals that the only other survivor of the attack, or at least that he knew about, was Hourman who later died in an “accident” while he was tracking down the Injustice Society. Johnny Thunder, Hawkman, and Hawkgirl were named among the dead.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This episode was great. A lot stronger. A lot to like!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This episode was great. A lot stronger. A lot to like!
    Awesome! Can't wait till tomorrow when I can see it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

This has been so much fun thus far. It's refreshing to be excited about DCTV again.

Really hope the JSA aren't really as dead as Pat thinks.

I was really worried there would be fan outrage at seeing some beloved characters slaughtered in the opening minutes of the episode. I know you have to establish the villains but that was pretty brutal. Still overall loved the first episode. So excited to see Grundy FINALLY get a comic accurate portrayal!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I was really worried there would be fan outrage at seeing some beloved characters slaughtered in the opening minutes of the episode. I know you have to establish the villains but that was pretty brutal. Still overall loved the first episode. So excited to see Grundy FINALLY get a comic accurate portrayal!
    I think it was a better sendoff then the JSA got in Legends of Tomorrow, and there's at least the potential some of them other then Hourman survived that night.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah, it's not like anyone was decapitated or something. They all "died" in the Disney manner where until I see a body, they're in limbo until the writing team brings them in. Pat's not exactly the most informed person, either. He showed up, picked up Starman, and left. For all we know, the JSA got banished to the King of Tears' dimension and are still there. Hourman survived, but maybe he saw them get swallowed up by a vortex and assumed that was the end of the JSA.

Or they're very, very dead. We don't know.

They needed to establish Courtney, the stakes, and set a tone for the series. As far as I'm concerned, Pemberton is the only one for sure done and dusted.

Just absolutely fantastic so far. This is DC TV at its finest IMO.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, it's not like anyone was decapitated or something. They all "died" in the Disney manner where until I see a body, they're in limbo until the writing team brings them in. Pat's not exactly the most informed person, either. He showed up, picked up Starman, and left. For all we know, the JSA got banished to the King of Tears' dimension and are still there. Hourman survived, but maybe he saw them get swallowed up by a vortex and assumed that was the end of the JSA.

Or they're very, very dead. We don't know.

They needed to establish Courtney, the stakes, and set a tone for the series. As far as I'm concerned, Pemberton is the only one for sure done and dusted.
    I doubt they're all dead, and I doubt they were the first iteration of the JSA either. I think a lot will come to light over the course of the series.

Going off the vibes I got from episode 2, I'm excited to see where this leads. I hope Geoff Johns writes a lot more episodes (James Robinson too), cause this was really strong.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-27-2020 at 05:41 AM.