Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Stacy's mom has got it goin' on
    She's all I want and I've waited for so long
    Stacy, can't you see you're just not the girl for me
    I know it might be wrong but I'm in love with Stacy's mom

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I remember when Dragon’s Lair first came out. It was so popular, there was a line at the arcade to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    I loved those video games! I remember playing Space Ace and not having the slightest clue on what to do with it...
    I can remember when I finally mastered both of those games at the university arcade back in the mid-'80s.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I can because I am old (Q*Bert, and I played in in the arcade and on my Atari 2600). The Iron Man 2020 stuff makes me feel even older, as I remember when it came out an I was like, wow that so far into the future, and well, now it's here not in the distant future, and all those years got added to my total.

-M
    While I am not as aged as some of you old timers and didnt play this in the arcade I remember Qbert was the first game I played on my NES. I thought at first it was kind of goofy. Just jump around and change the color of blocks. But i quicky got addicted to it. It was one of those games I just couldnt put down.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Anyone need a dragonslayer?

Every day is a gift, not a given right.

As fate would have it, this issue began of one my favorite arcs in the series. Wesley Dodds and Jack Knight made a memorable team.

(And a belated Happy New Year to you all!)

starman_20-cover.jpg
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I remember when Dragon’s Lair first came out. It was so popular, there was a line at the arcade to play it.
    That game was evil! I have no clue how much money I lost to that game.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    While I am not as aged as some of you old timers and didnt play this in the arcade
    Some of us here can remember playing pre-Golden Age arcade games like Pong, Gun Fight, and Sea Wolf back in the '70s.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Some of us here can remember playing pre-Golden Age arcade games like Pong, Gun Fight, and Sea Wolf back in the '70s.
    And some of us here are so old that we grew up before any of those things existed. In the 1950s and '60s we had to play ping-pong with actual physical balls and paddles, and we had to play solitaire with an actual deck of cards. And we liked it!!!

Now get off my lawn. Young whippersnappers, with those newfangled Atari contraptions.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    That game was evil! I have no clue how much money I lost to that game.
    I try not to think about that either. That way lies madness.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    And some of us here are so old that we grew up before any of those things existed. In the 1950s and '60s we had to play ping-pong with actual physical balls and paddles, and we had to play solitaire with an actual deck of cards. And we liked it!!!

Now get off my lawn. Young whippersnappers, with those newfangled Atari contraptions.
    Heh. Growing up in the '70s wasn't that much different than what you experienced in regard to what we kids could do. By the time I was in high school during the early '80s, however, things were starting to change rapidly.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I believe the great Matt Baker did the honors for #20 here:
    Sorry to say "No." I did a blog and checklist for Rulah some years back and I wanted to attribute some of the art to Matt Baker, but when I ran down the sources, I discovered that it's not likely that Baker did any of the art for Rulah. He worked in the Iger shop that did all the artwork for Rulah, but he wasn't the artist--although some of the other Iger artists might have tried to ape his style. But the cover for issue 20 isn't even a very good version of what Matt Baker was doing at the time--it's more in the style of Jack Kamen and I wouldn't even give him the credit for that cover.

RULAH actually began as ZOOT COMICS, with a very different kind of content in the first six issues before Rulah flew into the series in issue 7. There were two different issue 13s and two different issue 14s. And then issue 17 it became RULAH. With issue 28, it became I LOVED REAL CONFESSION STORIES and then with the 33rd issue it became COLOSSAL FEATURES MAGAZINE, finally dying after three issues of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Sorry to say "No." I did a blog and checklist for Rulah some years back and I wanted to attribute some of the art to Matt Baker, but when I ran down the sources, I discovered that it's not likely that Baker did any of the art for Rulah. He worked in the Iger shop that did all the artwork for Rulah, but he wasn't the artist--although some of the other Iger artists might have tried to ape his style. But the cover for issue 20 isn't even a very good version of what Matt Baker was doing at the time--it's more in the style of Jack Kamen and I wouldn't even give him the credit for that cover.

RULAH actually began as ZOOT COMICS, with a very different kind of content in the first six issues before Rulah flew into the series in issue 7. There were two different issue 13s and two different issue 14s. And then issue 17 it became RULAH. With issue 28, it became I LOVED REAL CONFESSION STORIES and then with the 33rd issue it became COLOSSAL FEATURES MAGAZINE, finally dying after three issues of that.
    Yeah, despite seeing Baker credited for the cover on numerous sites, I still wasn't sure it was him. Guess I was right to have been skeptical. Thanks, Jim!