Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Due to Black Widow being delayed, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has now been pushed to July 2021.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/disney-...any-more-films

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Due to Black Widow being delayed, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings has now been pushed to July 2021.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/disney-...any-more-films
    Oh boy. From the safe position of a February release to a risky May release to a being released right in the middle of the friggin' blockbuster movie season! Shang has an even bigger uphill battle this time! Keeping the faith though.

As for the delays.............ugh, **** you Covid 19! Better catch these deadly hands of Kung Fu!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Don't be surprised if the upcoming comic gets delayed as well then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

No, they should want the trade out as soon as possible, ideally as soon as an actual trailer drops.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    No, they should want the trade out as soon as possible, ideally as soon as an actual trailer drops.
    Right? Nobody that gets hyped for the movie is going to go out and buy a floppy if they weren’t going to already.

That being said, the Shang-Chi mini was already scheduled decently in advance. I mean, the first issue is scheduled to drop next week.

Yeah, I don't think Shang-Chi comic anything will be delayed because of a delay with the movie.

For me, I'd think it would give opportunities for more Shang-Chi related something to appear. Maybe sneak in a guest appearance in the Avengers, X-Men, or Spider-Man titles. Maybe even another miniseries!
    "I am a man of peace."

Some more rumors about Fin Fang Foom in the movie.
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/sh...-foom-details/

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

It really feels like this movie is shaping up to be everything the Iron Fist show was not.

Thank Odin for that, we deserve another go of that

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

From the Shang-Chi stunt team (apparently)!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B90ryr3F2Cy/

Great to hear! Talked about Fin Fang Foom in the past. Okay, he's not a real Chinese dragon, but as long as the movie keeps the two concepts separate, I'll enjoy.

What I hope doesn't happen is if there are any chi blasts or hadoukens or leaping over trees or some such. Shang uses chi, sure, but I'm thinking in the more mundane ways. It can't stop bullets, or level mountains, but it's there. You can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    From the Shang-Chi stunt team (apparently)!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B90ryr3F2Cy/
    Ha nice tricking. Great to see the folks from the Martial Club featured. Plus, wow, the kid from the Karate Kid was grown up a lot! Makes sense he's in this film. Brad Allen trained under Jackie Chan. Zac Wang became part of Jackie Chan's stunt team. Probably some connections there. Still, in the midst of all of the tricks and flips, I hope there's some more grounded Kung Fu shown in the film.
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Great to hear! Talked about Fin Fang Foom in the past. Okay, he's not a real Chinese dragon, but as long as the movie keeps the two concepts separate, I'll enjoy.

What I hope doesn't happen is if there are any chi blasts or hadoukens or leaping over trees or some such. Shang uses chi, sure, but I'm thinking in the more mundane ways. It can't stop bullets, or level mountains, but it's there. You can feel it.

Ha nice tricking. Great to see the folks from the Martial Club featured. Plus, wow, the kid from the Karate Kid was grown up a lot! Makes sense he's in this film. Brad Allen trained under Jackie Chan. Zac Wang became part of Jackie Chan's stunt team. Probably some connections there. Still, in the midst of all of the tricks and flips, I hope there's some more grounded Kung Fu shown in the film.
    I agree. I saw nice athletic/acrobatic movement but I want to see martial arts choreography that is grounded in several styles of Kung Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Feels like getting us ready for Awkwafina’s role in the movie. But that’s all good she seems like a cool character
    Sister Dagger is too young for Awkwafina. I’d imagine she’ll be playing Leiko. It’ll give Shang a comic inspired love interest

I read today's issue and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the next few.

Ha, sorry all. Apologies for the lateness. In brief, felt that the first issue was a solid story. Personally speaking, there were some points that I'd wanted to change. Zheng Zu's backstory was fleshed out here, but I felt it could have gone further. Also, whenever you talk about Shang's father, there's always doubt. Is it the whole story? As for the rest of the story, I liked them. What elevates Shang is a good supporting cast. They all have a defined character which in term helps to define Shang. At the same time, Shang isn't just a side piece here. Rather, we're starting to see a real, fleshed out Master of Kung Fu.

As for deeper thoughts, well, you can look at the spoilers below:

spoilers:

- The story is recasting Zheng Zu into a new light. A heroic sorcerer who led a group that protected China. That's something very different from past renditions. And in a way, it's taking me a while to reconcile that with what we've seen in past comics. Zheng Zu has mystical powers? He was a hero who led other houses? Hmmm, there seems to be some rewriting of the past there. Part of me feels there's truth to that. The other part feels that this is some myth Zheng Zu concocted. Shang's father deals with lies and misdirection. I think he's duped these houses. Eventually the truth will come out in later issues.

- As for the other characters, they seem interesting. Sister Hammer looks to be power hungry, just as her father. Brother Saber seems Jovial. Brother Staff died too quickly for my taste. But the one who has the most potential is Sister Dagger. I can already see she has that sarcastic, sidekick vibe going-on. Definitely will contrast with Shang. As for the other side characters, digging them as well. Auntie Wang made me chuckle. Aunties are found in all cultures, but Asian Aunties can be especially, y'know, auntie-ish. The squeeze she gave Shang's bicep was hilarious. Delilah looks to be the romantic interest. Finally, great to see Leiko again. There's no explanation as to how she turned normal from the previous mini-series, but y'know what, that's okay. Her romantic tension with Shang was a delight.

- I like this Shang. He's not fortune cookie Kwai Chang Caine. Instead, he's just a stand up guy, decent, moral guy. He reminds me of the main characters you'd fine in the old Shaw Bros. Kung Fu films. Overall, Shang is confident. That's what I really appreciated, seeing a confident Asian man who can be clever, nervous, deep but not "out there", etc. Yeah, he's going to encounter challenges in this story, but he's more than capable of dealing with them.

- I liked Tan's art more than I expected. Ruan's art was dynamic, but it felt closed in at times. He's putting a lot of action into those little frames. It works, but it can feel cramped. I esepcially liked that splash with Shang kicking the bad guys down.

- Cool to see Fin Fang Foom. Wanted to see more of him though.
    end of spoilers

Alright, so there are my thoughts on the first issue. It's a good start. Hopefully it builds from here.
    "I am a man of peace."