Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Australian actress Natasha Liu Bordizzo would be a good addition to the film. She was in Netflix shows Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny and The Society. She also had supporting roles in films The Greatest Showman and Hotel Mumbai.

Liu Bordizzo she has a black-black belt in taekwondo and training in Kenpō karate.

I could see Liu Bodizzo playing Shang's sister Zheng Bao Yu or love interest/partner Leiko Wu.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ex...ack-jack-tarr/

MI6 characters also rumoured for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ex...ack-jack-tarr/

MI6 characters also rumoured for the film.
    Yeah, heard about this. Leiko, Clive, and Black Jack? Coming in as straight up MI6? Hmmm, always thought that Marvel would convert them (at least Leiko) into a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, at least for the name recognition. Still, if the rumors are true, I'm very interested where that might go. Thought Akwafina would be Leiko (though seeing her latest stint on Nora From Queens...yeah, she's a bit too NYC rough to play a Leiko).

Still, how much will they play? An integral role? A cameo? Canon fodder, and just killed off in the first few scenes? I do hope that we see the Shang-Chi/Leiko romance .
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

This leak seem to imply that the casting have not been revealed for these roles, so I guess that the case for Leiko, I suppose they are importants part for this movie, that sound to take inspiration from the Max serie (Leiko/Reston married, Shang already a retired agent etc...).

There are lot of surprises from this casting call,they want to cast someone younger for Black than for Reston, and that Black is described like a martial artist who love to fight !!! I'm also surprised that they want to keep these roles for caucasians actors.

If the previous leaks and this one are true, that show lot of change for the script, to keep closer to the comics.
    Last edited by Bolo; 02-02-2020 at 04:58 AM.

how many "Essential" TPBs are there? I hope that a lot more reprints are available by the time the movie comes out.

BANNED

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #9 Feb 1975
    Shang-Chi, the Master of Kung Fu, stars in "A Contest of Truth!"
    Shang-Chi becomes enmeshed in a grim morality play

on a desolate sea-scape!

Story by Doug Moench. Art by Mike Vosburg and Jack Abel.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    is Charles Dance still alive? he would have been my Black Jack Tarr. but i guess pretty much anyone (ex. Timothy dalton) could play that role now.
    Always wanted Jason Statham to play Black Jack Tarr.

BANNED

Master of Kung Fu #25 Feb 1975
    "Rites of Courage, Fists of Death!"
    When Shang Chi rescues an infant from the jaws of death,

he finds himself at odds with a tribe of natives.

Script by Doug Moench, pencils by Paul Gulacy, inks by Sal Trapani.

Hey all. Just wanted to let you know that I've been still keeping up with Shang-Chi movie news. As some have heard, Brad Allen is the stunt choreographer for the film. Thought I'd check out what could bring to the table and found this action design reel of his:

Gotta admit, I'm impressed. Those are some great fights from great movies. As usual, still cautiously optimistic, but yeah, if Shang's fighting is anywhere as good as what's in the clip, I think the movie is going to be great!
    "I am a man of peace."

Thought I'd post this cool clip of Shang from his recent showing in the Sword Master series back up's. Here, he can't access the mystical power of Sword Master's blade. Doesn't mean he can't use it though:

That's what the master of Kung Fu can do to a god of war .
    "I am a man of peace."

Hey all. Just wanted to post the latest news concerning the Shang-Chi film:

- Florian Munteanu may be playing a role in Shang-Chi:

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...vels-shang-chi

Really loved his performance in Creed 2. Yes, he was a big brute, BUT he was definitely able to pull off the drama. Wonder what role he'd play here. Zaran? Mr. X? Hmmmm...

- Fin Fang Foom showing up here? And he's part of some "Enter the Dragon" tournament that's happening in the film?:
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-shang-chi...fin-fang-foom/

That's pretty cool. The ten rings come from the same race as Fin Fang Foom, so the connection is there. A tournament angle is a tad little cliche. Bruce Lee did it best and now his Marvel pastiche is in one as well. But hey, I'm a sucker for martial arts tournament movies. (Probably going to watch some Bloodsport clips after I post ). And a tournament is the best way to see Shang show off his martial arts skill. Though I've heard characters like Tiger Claw, Ghost Maker, and Razor Fist will be in the movie, I secretly hope that Mr. X shows up. Been hoping those two would cross paths for a while.

Hoping for the best for our Master of Kung Fu!
    "I am a man of peace."

New mini-series announced.

Next February, the superhero Shang-Chi will become part of the extended Marvel Studios film universe when “Shang-Chi and the Legends of the Ten Rings” arrives in theaters. Before that, though, the character, a martial arts expert, will have a five-issue comic book series beginning in June from Marvel Entertainment.

The series will be written by Gene Luen Yang, a comic book writer and cartoonist making his Marvel debut. It will be drawn by Dike Ruan, for the present-day scenes, with Philip Tan drawing for the flashbacks. Yang is a prolific cartoonist whose most well-known work is perhaps “American Born Chinese,” which explores issues of identity. He was also named the national ambassador for young people’s literature in 2016 and won a MacArthur fellowship the same year.

Yang could not be more excited. “I mean, it’s Shang-Chi,” he said in a recent telephone interview. “He’s probably the most prominent Asian — I guess he’s Asian-American now since he’s moved over here — Asian-American superhero.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/b...arts&smtyp=cur

tfw cucked by the NYT

alright so all the art for this is gonna be great but how was new superman
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Great news!

I just saw some drawings of Ruan, the guy is good.

I see strong influences from Olivier Coipel.
    Last edited by Winterboy; 03-12-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Of course the character is Asian-American...the comics revealed the character's american mother..