Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Shang-Chi: Appreciation 2020

Hi all. Just thought I'd start off the new thread on Marvel's undisputed master of Kung Fu, Shang-Chi!

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Latest sound bite concerning the upcoming Shang-Chi movie from Kevin Feige. Here he is talking about the make up of the cast:

During a recent New York Film Academy Guest Speaker event, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige discussed Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and revealed that 98% of the cast will be Asian. During a Q&A, an attendee asked what the process is when deciding which characters to show in the MCU. Feige stated that the choice of characters can vary. He said, "Like Shang-Chi, we’ve wanted to make that movie for a long time. We want to make a movie with a 98% Asian cast." This checks out, as Marvel has had a Shang-Chi movie in development since even before it acquired the movie rights to the first Iron Man.
    Pretty cool. I also read somewhere that Kevin said how the film wouldn't be a typical martial arts film. I think he meant that there'd be more acting and drama? I hope so. While the action is important, hey, we need those character moments. Indeed, for a character like Shang who hasn't had many moments in the last few decades, that would be necessary.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Happy New Year to the Master of Kung-Fu .

BANNED

Rise of Shang-Chi: Official Trailer

is Charles Dance still alive? he would have been my Black Jack Tarr. but i guess pretty much anyone (ex. Timothy dalton) could play that role now.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    [CENTER]Rise of Shang-Chi: Official Trailer
    []
    hmmm. i guess i was expecting something with catchier music. something cool and retro. in my head, it's a drum beat that is steadily growing in intensity as Shang's rage grows. he starts out speaking to someone off screen about how despite being raised to be a weapon that he's a man of peace and afraid of what hee's about to do. then there would just be a flash of him assuming a stance followed by blackness. then you'd just see a quick shot of an army of broken bodies in a circle; the aftermath of a fight.

Can’t wait to see what happens with Shang this year!