Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Mr. X abilities should not work with true martial artist since the essence of martial arts training is getting into the flow where you do not think about the moves. So all the great fighters would need to do is just get into this "flow state" of fighting and Mr. X should not be able to map their moves. They did this with wolverine with his berserker rage but all great martial artist do this. I can see how he easily beat a character like Taskmaster since Tasky is always choosing the moves and telling the opponent whose technique he is using. One writer had Iron Fist using Drunken Boxing since it was so unpredictable and does not have "set techniques" but any style can work against X if you do plan or think your way threw the moves. At least that's my opinion.
    Ah yes, the fight Mr. X had with Iron Fist:

That's true. But many posters have been debating whether or not X can read thoughts or neural impulses or whatever. They say that even getting into a flow of some sort, not thinking, but reacting, getting into "wuxin" or "no mind" (無心) may not work against X.

I'm calling that out though. If there's anyone who can get into the deepest levels of "no mind," I guarantee you, Shang could.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The old school Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Shang Chi entry:

For my money he has never had a better look. The other day I wondered about the MCU's next big villain.... could it be Mandarin? Mandarin is there in spirit from the very beginning and could spin from the upcoming movie??

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Did John Buscema draw any Shang arcs, or one-shots?
    Big John pencilled MOKF #27 and the covers to #22 & 44. He also pencilled Howard the Duck #3, the classic Master of Quak Fu issue.
    Last edited by Englehart Humperdinck; 06-10-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Issue #1 preview.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Issue #1 preview.

This is a preview of what book?

This is a preview of what book?

Shang-Chi #1
    Written by Gene Luen Yang
    Art by Dike Ruan with Philip Tan
    Cover by Jim Cheung

THE MASTER RETURNS!
    An ancient and evil secret society has stayed in hiding since the death of their leader, Zheng Zhu. But now his successor has been chosen to shift the balance of power in the world…Zheng Zhu’s son, Shang-Chi! Witness the Marvel Universe’s greatest fighter return to a world of death and destruction he thought he left behind long ago…and discover the secrets to Shang-Chi’s past that will change his world forever. Don’t miss out on this epic tale of family, betrayal and justice as the incredible team of Gene Luen Yang (American Born Chinese), Dike Ruan (SPIDER-VERSE, BLACK CAT) and Philip Tan (UNCANNY X-MEN) launch a new chapter in the legend of Shang-Chi!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Art is giving me Asrar vibes...

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Issue #1 preview.

I'm digging this. It looks great! The best page for me has to be the one with the old woman squeezing Shang's bicep! That's such an Asian auntie thing to do! Probably asking him if he's gotten married yet!

As for the other pages, my interest is piqued. Who's the bald-headed man (or woman) with the "Earth" character on the head? Is this a hench person of some sort? Who is pointing the gun at Shang? Is this Leiko? Fah Lo Suee?

Man, if it weren't for this whole pandemic thing, we'd be getting this right now. Still, I'm interested. Only hope this is worth it!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    As for the other pages, my interest is piqued. Who's the bald-headed man (or woman) with the "Earth" character on the head? Is this a hench person of some sort? Who is pointing the gun at Shang? Is this Leiko? Fah Lo Suee?
    The pronounced lipstick implies it's a woman...unless they're non-binary or just a very effeminate man?

Mighty Member

I am assuming that this is the Untimate Universe's Shang Chi?

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

On my Shang Chi cool art search, this image came up. Anyone know who this is?