Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Some alternate costumes for Shang-Chi’s sólo book that were rejected
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B_5kEufD...=1340jiwgzgdl4

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Just read some spoilers. So MCU Shang is going to be turned into...Naruto?! I hope these spoilers aren't true.
    Me too bro. Hoping that's not the case as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    im still thinking about EEEEEEEGH guy to this day
    Ha indeed. Looking at the page after all of these years and in detail, jut noticing the "awwwww god" guy.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Some alternate costumes for Shang-Chi’s sólo book that were rejected
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B_5kEufD...=1340jiwgzgdl4
    Thanks for this. I'm okay with them not accepting either the dragon or phoenix embrodiery looks. In a design sense, I think it would have been too complicated. Yeah, I trust a Jimmy Cheung to rock that look, but don't think many other artists could. At the same time, those looks are a little too ostentatious and distracting. Plain look is fine. Wouldn't have minded the short sleeves, but if Jimmy was going for some Iron Fist slipper look, eh, no digging that.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Speaking of Shang breaking a guy's leg:

Your image didn't post brother Tien but I go ya:

shang chi aja.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...lers-mandarin/

Well this is disapointing. Not really a fan of Shang being retconned into Jamie Madrox. Feels like a step down. I prefer him as a master of martial arts and chi mysticism, not someone who can zerg an enemy because most of his clones can die without really killing him. The one fun aspect of such a power, watching Shang die to multiple Mortal Kombat fatalities before finally winning, would be ruined by the need to keep things PG-13.
    If true, I always thought Marvel Future Fight's take on the cloning power would be the way to go. Mystic clones instead of being a Madrox knockoff:

Would make for some kickass visuals.

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Gulacy art:

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

What would you guys say is Shang-Chi’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

Zaran, the Cat, Pavane, Kogar, Mordillo, Tiger-Claw, Ghost-Maker, Razor-Fist, Shadow-Stalker, Midnight Sun, Moving Shadow, Cursed Lotus, Zheng Zu

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Zaran, the Cat, Pavane, Kogar, Mordillo, Tiger-Claw, Ghost-Maker, Razor-Fist, Shadow-Stalker, Midnight Sun, Moving Shadow, Cursed Lotus, Zheng Zu
    Shockwave is one. Also the White Dragon.

Listened to Gene Luen Yang on the AIPT podcast. At the very end he talked a little bit about Shang-Chi (the interview was mostly about his Superman graphic novel). He said some interesting stuff about how a lot of the older comics are pretty dodgy (especially the ludicrous yellow shade of Shang's skin), but that he was looking forward to recontextualizing and modernizing things in his mini.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

When’s the mini out has anything been announced regarding new schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Listened to Gene Luen Yang on the AIPT podcast. At the very end he talked a little bit about Shang-Chi (the interview was mostly about his Superman graphic novel). He said some interesting stuff about how a lot of the older comics are pretty dodgy (especially the ludicrous yellow shade of Shang's skin), but that he was looking forward to recontextualizing and modernizing things in his mini.
    That would be cool. Gene is an amazing writer, perfect for Shang chi

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    The cover's design was pretty cool, though I was a slightly miffed with the theme. I believed that the direction for the cover was for "Asian Avengers" and the cover artist came up with anime themes. Now, the designs are great, no doubt about it. But it's definitely an anime feel, y'know, Japanese. The story took place in Macau, which is in China. Personally, I would have gone with a Chinese gangster/Triad look.

Still, that's an all time favorite story for me. Shang was there. He played an excellent role. But he wasn't the focus. Carol, Roberto, Sam, Jessica, Natasha, they all had brilliant moments in that issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

I agree with the majority of this. Shockwave shoul certainly be up here. For years, I've always said that Mr. X should become a part of Shang's rogues:

If there's anyone who's really the opposite to Shang-Chi, it's Mr. X. Mr. X is selfish with the martial arts and gives into his murderous desires. On the other hand, Shang-Chi is selfless with Kung Fu and uses them to be compassionate towards all.

I think a lot of people feel that serial killer, psychopath Mr. X would frighten Shang, that his compassion is a weakness. Obviously, those people don't know the Master of Kung Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    More power to Gene! Yeah, I love Shang, but let's just say it's been a chore reading through those old comics. The yellow skin, the "noble savage" moments, the dated 70s costume, they all need to be updated. And certainly think Gene can do it. He does the research. Check out his Saints and Sinners story from a couple of years back to see how well he's able to blend real history into a story.
    "I am a man of peace."

anybody have a take on how many super-powered rogues Shang should have, vs. how many should be (relatively) basic humans?