Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The Rambeau-Freeman Family Tree

BANNED

Duane Freeman brother of Derek Freeman was the Federal Security Liason assigned to the Avengers who first appeared in Avengers (vol. 3) #4.

BANNED

Blacklight: the character that ties these two families together.

First appearing in A-Next #9, we learn little about Blacklight during her fight with the Soldiers of the Serpent.
    However, in the same issue we are also introduced to Kendra Freeman, a young woman on
    the committee for the Neighborhood Pride Street Festival which was attacked by the Soldiers of the Serpent.
    The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Alternate Universes 2005 lists Blacklight's real name as Kendra Freeman.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Blacklight: the character that ties these two families together.

First appearing in A-Next #9, we learn little about Blacklight during her fight with the Soldiers of the Serpent.
    However, in the same issue we are also introduced to Kendra Freeman, a young woman on
    the committee for the Neighborhood Pride Street Festival which was attacked by the Soldiers of the Serpent.
    The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Alternate Universes 2005 lists Blacklight's real name as Kendra Freeman.
    I'm in support of Kendra coming to the 616 world to hang out with her mom for a while.

BANNED

That reminds me of the marvel character Rachel Summers aka Prestige. She too comes from an alternate future Earth-811 but traveled back in time to the wrong past which is present-day Earth-616

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Marc Silvestri!!!

Captain Marvel, who leads the Avengers, tries to arrest Magneto on behalf of the United Nations.

The X-Men come to Magneto's aid which leads to the X-men and the Avengers fighting.
    Storm, who leads the X-Men, questions her decision to come to Magneto's aid.

In the ensuing battle, Magneto regains consciousness and warns
    both X-Men and Avengers about the explosive charges in Asteroid M.
    Captain Marvel at the speed of light begins to search for the explosive devices

but is too late to stop them from exploding.

From The X-Men vs. The Avengers. Pencils by Marc Silvestri http://blog.gocollect.com/artist-spo...arc-silvestri/

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The Rambeau-Freeman Family Tree
    That is based on an alternate timeline, right? Monica doesn't have any children presently?

It would be funny if 616 Derek Freeman ends up hooking up with Captain Universe (Tamara DeVoux) instead of Monica, and everything that they're projecting for Monica was a mistake. It's actually Tamara who marries Derek and gives birth to Kendra. Monica goes on to become this immensely powerful cosmic force taking the place of Numinus (Remember her?) and standing shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Odin, the Living Tribunal, Kronos, Eon, the Phoenix Force, Celestials, etc. A husband and children? Later for that...as immortal beings measure time.

BANNED

WANDAVISION MCU UPDATES!
    Plot Leaks AND Surprise Marvel Character Intro!

BANNED

KELLY SUE DeCONNICK Auctioning CAPTAIN MARVEL Flight Jacket to Benefit Comic Shops https://www.newsarama.com/49870-kell...mic-shops.html
    Maria "Photon" Rambeau

BANNED

The untold truth...https://www.looper.com/203635/the-un...onica-rambeau/

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    My understanding of the events that happened during the 1st disassembled Avengers #291-294, was that she generated too much energy/lightning to fight off Marrina. Capt. Marvel 2 IS energy and chose lightning, which doesn't usually penetrate the ocean. Monica did. My interpretation is that in trying to electrocute Marrina, she went all in inside the ocean and affected her electricity form.
    The writer probably didn't have a good grasp of how electricity works in the ocean.

Water, especially sea water, is an excellent conductor for electricity. When lightning strikes the ocean it expands with the potential to kill anything that is near the surface. If close enough, it can damage ships. Anyone who doubts that electricity travels rather well below the surface should visit an electric eel farm. I'm sure you'll be shocked by what you'll learn.

As for the in-comics science, let's not forget that Marvel has another hero (Stingray) whose signature weapon is a potent, ranged electrical shock that is very effective when he's immersed. Two heroes actually, if you count Namor's one time ability to mimic the power of any sea creature. Anything Stingray (or Namor) can do as it relates to electical energy Monica can do at an exponentially higher degree. But again, maybe the writer didn't realize that...or didn't care.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

no one answered my question of "when"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    when ?
    AVENGERS #232 is the earliest example of her in action underwater, but I think ALPHA FLIGHT #39 and AVENGERS #272 were probably the story they were referring to. We also saw Monica using her powers underwater in WEST COAST AVENGERS ANNUAL #1.

There may be other examples but those are the main ones I can think of prior to the incident in Simonson's run where she almost died, or the more recent story in DeConnick's CAPTAIN MARVEL run where Monica had to conquer her fear of using her powers underwater after her previous near-death experience.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    AVENGERS #232 is the earliest example of her in action underwater, but I think ALPHA FLIGHT #39 and AVENGERS #272 were probably the story they were referring to. We also saw Monica using her powers underwater in WEST COAST AVENGERS ANNUAL #1.

There may be other examples but those are the main ones I can think of prior to the incident in Simonson's run where she almost died, or the more recent story in DeConnick's CAPTAIN MARVEL run where Monica had to conquer her fear of using her powers underwater after her previous near-death experience.
    more asking about when she used electricity underwater (or turned herself into electricity)
    because far as i can tell she tried the maneuver in the quitting issue, and it went poorly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    more asking about when she used electricity underwater (or turned herself into electricity)
    because far as i can tell she tried the maneuver in the quitting issue, and it went poorly.
    ALPHA FLIGHT #39 and AVENGERS #272 for electricity specifically. I can't recall off the top of my head if she also went electric in AVENGERS #232.