Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

(Much like Magneto and the "Magnus Family" thread in X-Books, I'm surprised Monica doesn't have a breakout Appreciation Thread of her own, but is instead sharing it with her entire family...)

It might be for an "Adult" movie but this costume design for Monica as a Marvel sets a good standard for her eventual MCU counterpart (platform heels aside)
    https://cosmicbook.news/captain-marv...monica-rambeau

I'm hopeful that with the announcement of Nia DaCosta as the director of CAPTAIN MARVEL 2, DaCosta history of portraying female relationships onscreen and Adult (not Adult film) Monica being on the short list of characters likely to appear (Kamala Ms Marvel being another), that we will get some good moments for Ms/Agent Rambeau of S.W.O.R.D. after her introduction in WANDAVISION.
    https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...role-evidence/
    https://deadline.com/2020/08/captain...or-1202992213/

(correcting double post with some favorite images of Monica Rambeau)

As "Daystar"

And I suggest every Monica fan sport one of these to CM2. Carol has her CORPS, Maybe Monica should have a MOVEMENT...
    https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/69...captain-marvel
    Last edited by Thirteen; 08-08-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    (Much like Magneto and the "Magnus Family" thread in X-Books, I'm surprised Monica doesn't have a breakout Appreciation Thread of her own, but is instead sharing it with her entire family...)

It might be for an "Adult" movie but this costume design for Monica as a Marvel sets a good standard for her eventual MCU counterpart (platform heels aside)
    Credit where credit is due, that costume is pretty cool. Not a fan of the headband (I've never liked those) bracelets, gloves or heels, but the rest of the outfit works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Credit where credit is due, that costume is pretty cool. Not a fan of the headband (I've never liked those) bracelets, gloves or heels, but the rest of the outfit works for me.
    I read the "headband" as a reflection on her forehead but I could be wrong.

Monica by Phil Jimenez
    https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...005506/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    The Rambeau-Freeman Family Tree
    I assume for the 616 universe, we might see a Monica and Adam baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

I'm hopeful that with the announcement of Nia DaCosta as the director of CAPTAIN MARVEL 2, DaCosta history of portraying female relationships onscreen and Adult (not Adult film) Monica being on the short list of characters likely to appear (Kamala Ms Marvel being another), that we will get some good moments for Ms/Agent Rambeau of S.W.O.R.D. after her introduction in WANDAVISION.
    https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...role-evidence/
    https://deadline.com/2020/08/captain...or-1202992213/

I like everything here but the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    ALPHA FLIGHT #39 and AVENGERS #272 for electricity specifically. I can't recall off the top of my head if she also went electric in AVENGERS #232.
    Thanks, I didn't know they ask me a question.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-19-2020 at 02:48 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I assume for the 616 universe, we might see a Monica and Adam baby.
    I honestly don't think that Adam Brashear and Monica will marry or have children in 616. Just a hunch. I think at some point Monica will realize -- if she hasn't already -- that while she does love Adam, he isn't the man that she wants to build her "normal" life around and raise a family. Monica is going to want what her parents had. Adam is great for many reasons, but he'll never be normal, and more importantly, he'll never be that fresh canvas that Monica needs in order to be fulfilled in her journey.

This development will absolutely gut Adam. But in a way it will make him even more appealing. Especially if the end result is a much more stoic, cold hearted and ruthlessly severe Adam Brashear.

i hope that WandaVision still comes out and adult Monica has more than a cameo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I honestly don't think that Adam Brashear and Monica will marry or have children in 616. Just a hunch. I think at some point Monica will realize -- if she hasn't already -- that while she does love Adam, he isn't the man that she wants to build her "normal" life around and raise a family. Monica is going to want what her parents had. Adam is great for many reasons, but he'll never be normal, and more importantly, he'll never be that fresh canvas that Monica needs in order to be fulfilled in her journey.

This development will absolutely gut Adam. But in a way it will make him even more appealing. Especially if the end result is a much more stoic, cold hearted and ruthlessly severe Adam Brashear.
    If not Adam who do you feel Monica should be with and eventually marry?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    If not Adam who do you feel Monica should be with and eventually marry?
    I see Monica settling down with a civilian. Someone who can provide a stable home and security for their children. Someone with his own career outside of the superhero world. Monica knows how crazy and dangerous her profession is. She's going to want someone who brings normalcy to her world and keeps her grounded.

That said, Monica will sometimes wonder if she made the right choice in marrying a normal human. Being able to circle the entire Earth seven or eight times in a second will make her feel almost invincible...like there's nothing that can stop her from getting to her family literally in the blink of an eye, if necessary. But she has made some powerful enemies, from Beyonder-like beings to primordial goddesses. I can see them wanting to attack Monica through her family. It should make for some interesting stories. Especially, those stories where tragedy strikes in less than a tenth of a second.

PS: No, I don't think Monica's future husband has been created yet. No offense to the current offerings of eligible bachelors in the Marvel Universe.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-30-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

In my opinion, Kelly Sue DeConnick should have made Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel in 2012 instead of Carol Danvers. Monica was a blank slate (compared to Carol) that DeConnick could have used easily.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    In my opinion, Kelly Sue DeConnick should have made Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel in 2012 instead of Carol Danvers. Monica was a blank slate (compared to Carol) that DeConnick could have used easily.
    They used Carol because of the Kree and Mar-vell connection.

The bad thing about Monica is because she’s a blank slate. She lacks mythology.

It makes it easier to put Monica in team books and team movies. But harder to put her in a solo book or solo film.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-31-2020 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

I like everything here but the boots.
    That's something I often see and I don't get it.
    A lot of super hero cosplays are almost perfect, except that for some reason, they come with ridiculous high heels the characters never wear. Why make costumes so close to the comics version but ruin everything with the boots/shoes?
    Often happen with figures, too.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    KSD wasn't the one who decided to make Carol CM, it was editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It makes it easier to put Monica in team books and team movies. But harder to put her in a solo book or solo film.
    Which is odd, because one of the problems with writing many characters that have been fleshed out to the nines is that you lose the freedom to tell unique and interesting stories. The sheer weight of some character's mythos makes it all but impossible to tell some stories without retconning or reinterpreting some facet of their history. One would think that Monica's rather minimal background would entice writers, not scare them off.

That is why I really hate the fact that writers won't use her in a solo or another group because they are afraid of science. If it's about the name then it's Marvel's fault that they chose to give the name to Genis twice. Current writer's besides Al Ewing do not know how to use her powerset. I don't want to pretend that I'm a writer but with the help of Google or any freaking book about the electromagnetic spectrum and I can whip out a fun story. She's considered a heavy hitter amongst her fellow heroes yet she wasn't use at all or maybe as a background hero for...House of M, Secret Invasion, ANY vs. the X-men, Infinity/Avengers World and Secret Wars. AWORLD to me was such a slap in the face, c'mon Marvel, she can go to space and back at any time. SMDH. However, let's focus on Hawkeye and BW's ability to fight aliens outside Earth with their expertise with a bow/arrow and hand to hand combat, yea OK.

Speaking of space, she never gets used for any extraterrestrial battles like with Ex Nihilo's crew, the Kree and she knows the Skrulls and Shiar. Monica should have had NO problem with a Chitauri, she was by herself against Thanos' Sanctuary II trying to weaken it's defenses. Powerless peeps in Carol's book was able to put some Chitauri down and she was having problems with them? She couldn't find the right energy frequency to absorb and become that to enter Earth? They also could have used her instead of Dagger to provide light, Monica at that time was still a pure energy being.

All in all, a criminally underused character in the 616. Here's hoping for some MCU synergy once WandaVision debuts. I don't care if it's another one-shot. I need me a monthly Monica.