Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Agreed completely on a 2nd Avengers book to give some of the others like Spectrum, Janet, Clint, Simon, Bobbi, etc, somewhere to appear.

And yes, Spectrum should pretty much always be included for those "call in all the reserves!" situations. As Busiek's run pointed out she is both one of the members who most fully embraces the spirit of the team AND is one of those "if you need me, I'll be there" members--and with her speed, she almost always CAN be there regardless of how far away she was when the call went out. As one of the most powerful members, she's definitely one of the first members you'd think they'd reach out to in any crisis big enough to call in back-up!
    Given her power level and speed, there's really no reason not to include her in situations unless s'es flat out too powerful to include.

I was hoping if they weren't going to make another Avengers book they would at least continue those Avenger mini series like No Surrender and No Road Home. Those were fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given her power level and speed, there's really no reason not to include her in situations unless s'es flat out too powerful to include.

I was hoping if they weren't going to make another Avengers book they would at least continue those Avenger mini series like No Surrender and No Road Home. Those were fun.
    Yeah, I'd love to see them continue doing those as well. Obviously the pandemic and the shutdown it caused prevented any such project from being on the table this year (and the fact that Ewing was co-writing the big summer event which was also Avengers-centric would have probably had them skip this year anyway), but I hope they consider reuniting the Ewing/Zub/Waid team for another weekly Avengers epic next year!

And yes, Spectrum should pretty much always be included for those "call in all the reserves!" situations. As Busiek's run pointed out she is both one of the members who most fully embraces the spirit of the team AND is one of those "if you need me, I'll be there" members--and with her speed, she almost always CAN be there regardless of how far away she was when the call went out. As one of the most powerful members, she's definitely one of the first members you'd think they'd reach out to in any crisis big enough to call in back-up!
    I was annoyed when Cap called somebody as unpredictable as Hulk instead of her or Quasar, when they were fighting Phoenix Cyclops at the end of AvX.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Yeah, I'd love to see them continue doing those as well. Obviously the pandemic and the shutdown it caused prevented any such project from being on the table this year (and the fact that Ewing was co-writing the big summer event which was also Avengers-centric would have probably had them skip this year anyway), but I hope they consider reuniting the Ewing/Zub/Waid team for another weekly Avengers epic next year!
    I think its especially important since it's going to be harder and harder for a lot of these guys to make their way onto the main Avengers team.

Cap, Thor and Tony are obviously the big 3. They're usually constants. And I think at this point Captain Marvel and Black Panther from this point on will ALMOST be constants to the same degree. Perhaps partially based on movie synergy (even though I believe both deserve spots on their comic book cred alone), I nonetheless think openings on the main Avengers team from this point onward will be pretty sparse.

Add to the fact that every Avengers run will almost always try and add 1 new Avengers (something that's harder and harder to do as time goes on), and that will likely mean only 1-2 available spots for the classic second tier guys like Hawkeye or Vision or Hercules, etc. And of course Monica and Adam. So yeah... a second book of some kind would be cool.

Hell yes to another Avengers Book. I would like it to be on par with the X-Men's Blue and Gold Team. Interacting on some missions, some members switch when needed. We can get some character development while they're hanging loose at avengers mountain/tower/space station. )

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Hell yes to another Avengers Book. I would like it to be on par with the X-Men's Blue and Gold Team. Interacting on some missions, some members switch when needed. We can get some character development while they're hanging loose at avengers mountain/tower/space station. )
    And maybe bring back the assual team softball game between the Avenger teams. That was cool back in the day.

Besides, someone has to use the freaking Avengers mansion. It's too iconic to just be left as a themed hotal or whatever the heck Avengers mansion is now.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Monica on a second Avengers team would be perfect.

But I'm also warming to the idea of Monica having a full resume with memberships on several different teams. Next I'd like to see Gladiator recruit Monica to command an elite division of the Imperial Guard and help them deal with a Beyonder-level infestation.

For real real and not for play play. Honestly when I read that Ewing was gna do GoG, I was hoping she would be a part of that. I guess there could only be one Capt. Marvel in space.

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    For real real and not for play play. Honestly when I read that Ewing was gna do GoG, I was hoping she would be a part of that. I guess there could only be one Capt. Marvel in space.
    From what I understand, an adult Monica Rambeau is supposed to appear in the WandaVision show as a part of SWORD. I wouldn't be shocked if the comics didn't do something similar for the purposes of Synergy.

Yup yup yup. I'm very excited to see how Monica ends up in SWORD and how she gets powers. I hope we get amazing CGI display of her energy/light abilities. Yes I am eagerly waiting for her to have her first series. Hopefully not another one shot.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If Monica could be blood kin to anyone in the Marvel universe (hero or villain), who would you like it to be?

I'm working on a plot where Monica finds out that she has an older sister. Maybe it's a half-sister, but an older sibling nonetheless. I think I know who I want that to be, but open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If Monica could be blood kin to anyone in the Marvel universe (hero or villain), who would you like it to be?

I'm working on a plot where Monica finds out that she has an older sister. Maybe it's a half-sister, but an older sibling nonetheless. I think I know who I want that to be, but open to suggestions.
    For a older sister Deadly Dr.Nightshade, Mercedes Knight or Lightbright

As seen in WANDAVISION!
    Bosslogic gives a look at what a costumed Monica could look like in MCU as portrayed by Teyonah Parris
    https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status...52455209332737
    bosslogic rambeau.jpg
    https://screenrant.com/wandavision-m...eyonah-parris/

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...-rambeau-sword
    https://www.ign.com/articles/monica-...teyonah-parris

Wonder if Monica's power up will be as a result of indirect exposure to an Infinity Stone via Wanda's powers since she seems to get knocked thru reality with some witchy Scarlet energy.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-22-2020 at 03:46 AM.

That costume would look so great in Monica.