Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Same. Always enjoyed trying new characters through an intriguing-looking mini -- and getting to read about an old favorite is even better!

Already reading Juggernaut, and Iron Fist is a must-buy. The U.S.Agent mini looks interesting, so I may pick it up despite having no real history with the character -- and I'm even more likely to also buy the upcoming Black Knight oneshot written by Si Spurrier.

-Pav, who hopes Pei plays a sizable role in this...
    Hope so bro. Always great to see Pei. Believe that Foo, the inventor from the Andrews series, is there as well.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I'm curious what Al Ewing would do with an Iron Fist run.

Amazing Member

Iron Fist #1 Variant cover by Philip Tan.

The cover looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    Iron Fist #1 Variant cover by Philip Tan.

The cover looks great!
    Awesome. Tan's work can be hit or miss for me here, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. Now that's a fist of a dragon!
    "I am a man of peace."

If you've never checked-out Nikola Cizmesija's work, you should. At the moment he's got this Spiderverse reimaging he's working on (fan project for himself, not Marvel) which has got Iron Fist redesigned to fit in with medieval Japan, plus he's got some Iron Fist sample pages too:

You can find some of his stuff here

It looks cool.

Sample pages look cool. Remind me of those 80's arcade beat - 'em cabinets, especially with Danny's look. The medieval Japan look is nice, but I feel that the head band is too long. Danny would trip over that!
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Awesome. Tan's work can be hit or miss for me here, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. Now that's a fist of a dragon!
    Yeah I'm a little hit or miss on his work but that Iron Fist piece is one of my favorites of his. So is Danny going to throw down with Taskmaster?!?

IRON FIST: HEART OF THE DRAGON #2 (OF 6)
    LARRY HAMA (W) • DAVID WACHTER (A) • Cover by BILLY TAN
    Variant Cover by MARCOS MARTIN
    MASTERWORKS VARIANT COVER BY EMA LUPACCHINO
    THE HEAVENLY CITIES ARE COMING TO EARTH, AND THEY’RE BRINGING HELL WITH THEM!
    Danny voyages into the Heart of Heaven, only to find his destination lies elsewhere…the hellish, hidden Eighth City!
    What is the dark force behind the ancient gate that stands locked in the heart of the Eighth City?
    The only way to stop the ravaging hordes is to bring the Heavenly Cities to Earth, but will even that be enough?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Like the solicit for issue two. Paying a visit to the 8th City, bringing all the cities to Earth? Woah, that's pretty ambitious. Plus, that Martin cover is sweet!
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

I like the fact that this appears to be an epic in scope storytelling. Iron Fist should have more stories focusing on the 8 cities, the other immortal weapons and diving into the 'Book of the Iron Fist." With the Brubaker/Faction/Aja run, Danny should no longer be just a street level powered character. Especially with the additional power of Orson's chi. No one has even written about his power increase. With that act Danny finally has the true power of the Iron Fist.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

For research purposes: do you consider Danny Rand a legacy character in the same vein as Miles Morales, Kamala Khan, Jane Thor, Kyle Rayner, Captain Marvel, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    For research purposes: do you consider Danny Rand a legacy character in the same vein as Miles Morales, Kamala Khan, Jane Thor, Kyle Rayner, Captain Marvel, etc.?
    No, because Danny was the first Iron Fist we ever saw in real-world chronology. The others you mentioned are late-comers to their name-sake's mythos, Danny was the character that started it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    For me, he is a legacy character. He's the 60-something possessor of the Iron Fist title and is part of a long line of characters who have and will hold the title.

That being said, I think Danny is the most prominent Iron Fist. He's the Iron Fist that arose during the age of Marvels (the rise of the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Avengers, X-Men) and as such he's been involved in a lot more fantastic instances then previous Iron Fists. We'll see what future Iron Fists encounter to be sure, but I feel that Danny has made his mark as an Iron Fist.
    "I am a man of peace."

I think you've ignored what Blind Wedjat was asking: is Danny a legacy character in the same way Miles Morales, Kamala Khan, Jane Thor, Kyle Rayner, and Captain Marvel are? As far as I can see, he's not. Danny has also taken up the Daredevil mantle, does that make Danny as much Daredevil as Matt Murdock? I don't think it does.