Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    He has also KO's Luke Cage back in the old Power Man and Iron Fist series. It was when they were stuck in a vault freezing to death. Luke was trying to open the vault door and Danny has to knock him out to keep the radiation from flooding into the vault. Danny actually says that he had to hold his punch back or he would have taken Luke's head off. I have seen the pick of the page online before but have not been able to find it.
    Found it for you, taozen. Hope you don't mind me helping you out:

Iron Fist and Moon Knight is an interesting pairing. I hope they do more with them in the future.

Regarding Wendell, I always just figured Danny was an unreliable narrator because he was a child. As an adult he probably learned about who his parents really were offscreen and just pieced it together.

Regarding a love interest, an established heroine is just an easier selling point than a new character. Who it should be is a tricky question but thats also part of the fun. If Krakoa din't happen i'd probably choose a mutant (which could still work). She-hulk was a good choice but that ship has sailed for now.

Mighty Member

I have a feeling Aaron will have "The Fist on Khonshu" take out Danny similar to when White Tiger was possessed by that tiger god took out Danny. So I bet Danny get defeated again as a guest star in a series just to show how big of a threat the "villain" is. Also looks like Khonshu is trying to acquire power.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Found it for you, taozen. Hope you don't mind me helping you out:
    Glad you found it. I am quarantined away from my comics collection and I could not find it online. thx.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Iron Fist and Moon Knight is an interesting pairing. I hope they do more with them in the future.

Regarding Wendell, I always just figured Danny was an unreliable narrator because he was a child. As an adult he probably learned about who his parents really were offscreen and just pieced it together.

Regarding a love interest, an established heroine is just an easier selling point than a new character. Who it should be is a tricky question but thats also part of the fun. If Krakoa din't happen i'd probably choose a mutant (which could still work). She-hulk was a good choice but that ship has sailed for now.
    I agree that adding an established heroine to the book ups its appeal. (Honestly, I don't know why Marvel doesn't more often pair up heroes like they did with Danny and Luke back in the day.) Any thoughts on Tigra? I suggest her specifically because she's got history that can be mined -- and can easily be linked to the pulp, urban/mystical kind of stories that Iron Fist really excels at -- but she's also still got a lot of room for character growth.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I have a feeling Aaron will have "The Fist on Khonshu" take out Danny similar to when White Tiger was possessed by that tiger god took out Danny. So I bet Danny get defeated again as a guest star in a series just to show how big of a threat the "villain" is. Also looks like Khonshu is trying to acquire power.
    I wasn't surprised in the least by the way the fight went, but I did enjoy it for what it was -- especially because Moon Knight has been a character I've become increasingly fond of since the six issues that Warren Ellis wrote. Seeing him go up against Iron Fist and Black Panther seemed spot on -- although I found myself thinking we also needed Union Jack in the mix. Or maybe more Damnation folks, to reference that enjoyably story from not so long ago.

-Pav, who liked seeing all of MK's personas used and used well...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I certainly enjoyed the Iron Fist appearance. Reading the initial previews, I thought I wouldn't be a big fan of the issue, but it slowly grew on me. The fight especially was great. When it's a good fight scene like this, I'm always reminded just how good Danny is. Reading the techniques and how they contrasted with Moon Knight's simple yet brutal attacks was a pleasure.

As for the outcome, it reminded me of the tropes that we've discussed on this thread. But, I didn't see it as a defeat. Danny was really holding back a lot in that fight. If he went all out, it would have been different. Also, many other heroes had the same fate. Besides, by the story's end, I'm predicting things will go back to the way they were.

Great issue nonetheless.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I agree that adding an established heroine to the book ups its appeal. (Honestly, I don't know why Marvel doesn't more often pair up heroes like they did with Danny and Luke back in the day.) Any thoughts on Tigra? I suggest her specifically because she's got history that can be mined -- and can easily be linked to the pulp, urban/mystical kind of stories that Iron Fist really excels at -- but she's also still got a lot of room for character growth.

I wasn't surprised in the least by the way the fight went, but I did enjoy it for what it was -- especially because Moon Knight has been a character I've become increasingly fond of since the six issues that Warren Ellis wrote. Seeing him go up against Iron Fist and Black Panther seemed spot on -- although I found myself thinking we also needed Union Jack in the mix. Or maybe more Damnation folks, to reference that enjoyably story from not so long ago.

-Pav, who liked seeing all of MK's personas used and used well...
    I never thought about Danny/Tigra but I'm open to it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I certainly enjoyed the Iron Fist appearance. Reading the initial previews, I thought I wouldn't be a big fan of the issue, but it slowly grew on me. The fight especially was great. When it's a good fight scene like this, I'm always reminded just how good Danny is. Reading the techniques and how they contrasted with Moon Knight's simple yet brutal attacks was a pleasure.

As for the outcome, it reminded me of the tropes that we've discussed on this thread. But, I didn't see it as a defeat. Danny was really holding back a lot in that fight. If he went all out, it would have been different. Also, many other heroes had the same fate. Besides, by the story's end, I'm predicting things will go back to the way they were.

Great issue nonetheless.
    ^^ Possibly the only consolation.

I get why they tend to show one character getting the better of others (to establish the threat level) but truth be told never been a fan of it. Doesn't help that I like MK.

My prayer for this arc is that all of MK's persona's die and it's only Spector left. The crazy angle is played out and boring.

Re: Avengers issue 33.

I rolled my eyes at it but i just saw it as part of the genre. I'm just hoping we don't have to go through this storyarc again when Danny gets a solo.

This just came out in the UK:

I don't know what it's reprinting, but Danny's in it.
    https://downthetubes.net/?p=118548
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Was this in an Avengers issue? I think I remember this match up. Doesn't Danny take down the Paladin with an Iron Fist punch to the chest? I cannot remember for the life of me.

Don't think it was Avengers. Maybe the Heroes for Hire series that came after Shadowland? The one where Misty Knight was the organizer?

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Don't think it was Avengers. Maybe the Heroes for Hire series that came after Shadowland? The one where Misty Knight was the organizer?

I believe you are correct.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."