Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Marvel Premiere #20 Jan 1975
    "Batroc and Other Assassins"
    Once again fighting off an attack by members of the Cult of Kara-Kai,
    Iron Fist decides to once more try and clear his name with Joy Meachum,

and so returns to the Meachum building to try to explain to her that
    her father was murdered by a mysterious Ninja. However, she still will not believe him,
    and her Uncle Ward has him attacked by his latest paid assassin: Batroc.

Batroc has an army of assassins to try and defeat Iron Fist. However Daniel is able
    to hold them at bay, when the Ninja suddenly appears and aids him once more.

After the fight is over, Daniel demands answers from the Ninja who
    silently teleports Danny to an alley way before disappearing once more.

Script by Tony Isabella, pencils by Arvell Jones, inks by Dan Green

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    There's been a lot of discussion about that, hasn't there? I've heard rumors that the Defenders would be introduced into the MCU proper, whether in a movie or on a Disney+ show. Personally, I don't they'd use Finn Jones again. Though I've been supportive of him, a lot of others said he was always the weak link in the Iron Fist show. I understand that.
    If they won't pick Charlie Cox, no way will they choose who is widely considered to be that world's weakest link.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I want the golden bandana mask including the white lenses ala Spider-Man depicted in live action in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
    I'd love to see it that way.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I want the golden bandana mask including the white lenses ala Spider-Man depicted in live action in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
    I'd love to see it that way.
    Me too. With today's technology, this could be easily accomplished.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Iron Fist, another one of my favourite streetwise Marvel superheroes.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I was hoping to be able to start a single appreciation thread for both him and Luke Cage, cause they are still the dynamic duo.

Despite the character not being Danny like on Netflix, I enjoyed the show's first season and how they presented the character in that and in Defenders. But I'd still love to see something better representing the character in liveaction, and by better I mean properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    There's been a lot of discussion about that, hasn't there? I've heard rumors that the Defenders would be introduced into the MCU proper, whether in a movie or on a Disney+ show. Personally, I don't they'd use Finn Jones again. Though I've been supportive of him, a lot of others said he was always the weak link in the Iron Fist show. I understand that.

Still, Finn's Iron Fist really picked up during the Defenders. That boardroom fight scene is just totally awesome:

Iron Fist S1 was one of my favourite Netflix series, second only to Daredevil S3 and on par with Daredevil S1 although both quite different.

People overexaggerate how bad Iron Fist S1 was. If you can stomach Agents of SHIELD s1 you could get through Iron Fist season 1. It gets better in season 2 to me and I was excited about a potential season 3 and a potential H4H series (that could've been a joint Luke Cage/Iron Fist season 4) but alas it wasn't meant to be.

I'm hoping a potential Disney+ reboot is less grounded and embraces the fantasy aspect.

Amazing Member

We really need an Iron Fist ongoing, or at least a miniseries.

Hey all. Just thought I'd post this concept fight choreography video for Iron Fist. Fight choreographers were bouncing around ideas on what could have been done for Iron Fist Season 2 and this is what they came up with:

Definitely think Iron Fist could still have been around if they had stuck with this!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    People overexaggerate how bad Iron Fist S1 was. If you can stomach Agents of SHIELD s1 you could get through Iron Fist season 1. It gets better in season 2 to me and I was excited about a potential season 3 and a potential H4H series (that could've been a joint Luke Cage/Iron Fist season 4) but alas it wasn't meant to be.

I'm hoping a potential Disney+ reboot is less grounded and embraces the fantasy aspect.
    It felt rushed, and IMO, the writers screwed Danny's character by having him desert his post for reasons he wasn't even sure of.

As lame as Agents of Shield got, you could at least root for them and understand their position. In contrast, Danny came off as a thoughtless, ungrateful and entitled jerk.

That's not the fault of the actor, or the character. But it happened regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It felt rushed, and IMO, the writers screwed Danny's character by having him desert his post for reasons he wasn't even sure of.

As lame as Agents of Shield got, you could at least root for them and understand their position. In contrast, Danny came off as a thoughtless, ungrateful and entitled jerk.

That's not the fault of the actor, or the character. But it happened regardless.
    I agree with you on both counts.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-17-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Ultimate Member

I agree with you on both counts.
    To compound the issue, IMO, they constantly had the villains throw it in Danny's face. When the villains ****-talk has an actual point, that's when you have serious trouble, IMO.

What's sad is that they could have resolved any issue easily, without even touching their FX budget. Just say that there are two factions in Kun Lun. One believes in simply protecting the entrance, the other believes that the Iron Fist should seek out the Hand. Danny is ordered by the second to seek them out, and Davos represents the first

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    To compound the issue, IMO, they constantly had the villains throw it in Danny's face. When the villains ****-talk has an actual point, that's when you have serious trouble, IMO.

What's sad is that they could have resolved any issue easily, without even touching their FX budget. Just say that there are two factions in Kun Lun. One believes in simply protecting the entrance, the other believes that the Iron Fist should seek out the Hand. Danny is ordered by the second to seek them out, and Davos represents the first

This video explored it well. To me i think they didn't wanna rely on Danny's revenge quest but didn't have anything else to replace or they thought the inner conflict was enough.

I think tonally it should be closer to Buffy/angel than trying to be a gritty grounded crime drama. Thats a problem with the other 4 as well but they handled it better.

I don't get the hate for the Defenders. The cast had great chemistry with one another and that board room fight that someone posted was one of the best fights in NetFlix Marvel U. Defenders is probably in my top 3 Marvel netflix shows.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

It had fun scenes but kinda underwhelming. I think using the hand this early backfired.

I thought this was a good take on it even if your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-18-2020 at 10:43 AM.

This video explored it well. To me i think they didn't wanna rely on Danny's revenge quest but didn't have anything else to replace or they thought the inner conflict was enough.

I think tonally it should be closer to Buffy/angel than trying to be a gritty grounded crime drama. Thats a problem with the other 4 as well but they handled it better.
    The video had a lot of good ideas - if only the actual show was that well thought out! I found the first series badly conceived and only got through it out of loyalty to the character. When I heard that Danny was going to lose the Iron Fist to Coleen that was it for me - I watched the first episode, didn't find it an improvement, and didn't go on. Jessica Henwick is a really cool actress, but I've no interest in seeing anyone but Danny in the role (unless it's a flashback scene).

The thing is, Iron Fist was screwed from the get-go, with Daredevil placing so much emphasis on mystical kung-fu enemies which is more Danny's thing, Batman Begins unfortunately mirroring much of Danny's origin, and Luke being a more rounded, less extreme personality than he was back in the 80's PM&IF days, meaning Danny's personality would have to be altered for them to have any chemistry. I also feel Finn was just not strong enough of an actor to overcome the way the character was scripted (though obviously far too old, a Brad Pitt or Daniel Craig might have managed to triumph over the script through skill and charisma, but Finn had little chance).