Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

One of the story points from immortal Iron Fist that none of the writers since have dived into is Danny's increase in chi ability when he absorbed Orson's Chi. I remember reading that and was blown away with the possibilities. I think that this is the moment when Danny should be above a normal "street level" character. So much story potential there but no other writer has furthered this story point.

Mighty Member

Another Brubaker/Fraction story point that leaves some real possibilities for future stories is the Book of the Iron Fist. Formed from the scales of the immortal dragon, Shao-Lou the Undying, only Iron Fists can read this sacred text. It hold unique secret fighting techniques, chi abilities and tales from former Iron Fist. I hope future writers dive into this well.

Mighty Member

Always liked this cover. So simple it has a cool effective design.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    One of the story points from immortal Iron Fist that none of the writers since have dived into is Danny's increase in chi ability when he absorbed Orson's Chi. I remember reading that and was blown away with the possibilities. I think that this is the moment when Danny should be above a normal "street level" character. So much story potential there but no other writer has furthered this story point.
    I remember that too. Danny got an upgrade in terms of his chi and the possibilities for what he could do with it were endless. In the comic guidebooks, Danny had always been stated as being able to enhance his speed and strength through the use of the iron fist. This could have bumped that up a lot.

Still, I feel that there have been traces of impressive Iron Fist feats since the transfer, where Danny has exhibited more than just a glowing fist. For me, there have been some pretty cool anime esque attacks Danny has done:

There was also that time he spread his chi, linked it with the inhabitants of K'un Lun, and used it to take command of an entire building to fight an evil Chinese fire god:

So, yeah, that was creative. But, agreed, a small show of what Danny could do.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Another Brubaker/Fraction story point that leaves some real possibilities for future stories is the Book of the Iron Fist. Formed from the scales of the immortal dragon, Shao-Lou the Undying, only Iron Fists can read this sacred text. It hold unique secret fighting techniques, chi abilities and tales from former Iron Fist. I hope future writers dive into this well.

Always wanted to hear about those past Iron Fists. Indeed, I've said it before, but these Iron Fists have had to have crossed paths with a lot of other legacy characters or long******d characters in the Marvel Universe. An Iron Fist had to have met a Black Panther or Sorcerer Supreme (and not just with the prehistoric Avengers mind you). It would be cool to see an Iron Fist meet a Moon Knight, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, or Thor. Like I've always said, Shang's father or the Hand definitely had to have fought against an Iron Fist.

Again, the history is there, it's just waiting to be tapped.
    "I am a man of peace."

Just some other images of Danny being no-nonsense:

"I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

IMO this is the best Iron Fist statue created. There is a variant in which Danny is wearing white gi pants with not shirt in the same pose. Man I need more disposable income in my life.

Mighty Member

Shirtless version:

Mighty Member

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Love to see a new Iron Fist ongoing.

IMO this is the best Iron Fist statue created. There is a variant in which Danny is wearing white gi pants with not shirt in the same pose. Man I need more disposable income in my life.

Liking the wrappings here. Remind me of Shaolin or Kung Fu leg wrappings:

Also, another favorite scene of mine is when Iron Fist is coming in for a landing and knocking Black Dragon in the eye:

"I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

Iron Fist John Byrne style:

Never played the game, but wow, I remember being so pumped up finally seeing Iron Fist in action!

"I am a man of peace."

One of my favorite playthroughs. Always liked it, especially what Danny says to Vergil:

"A dragon will always defeat a demon-spawn, boy."

That's how an Iron Fist feels about a son of Sparda!

"I am a man of peace."

I bought the game precisely because Iron Fist was a playable character in it. Ever since they first started making fighting games I have wanted to see Danny in such a game.

Of course, what with one thing and another, I just haven't played the game for more than an hour or two since I bought it. But I intend to once my PC is over its current problems.