Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It was revealed it was a phantom pregnancy.
    That really sucks. That run did wonders for Danny and then a few years later it all goes back to square 1.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    That really sucks. That run did wonders for Danny and then a few years later it all goes back to square 1.
    And this is the problem with a lot of characters and stories being put out by the big 2. I mean look at Peter Parker.

True some have broken the mold, experiencing growth/development and sticking to it e.g. Luke Cage.

For the most part though, stagnation seems to be the SOP and in a fair few cases, the reset button is actively hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    And this is the problem with a lot of characters and stories being put out by the big 2. I mean look at Peter Parker.

True some have broken the mold, experiencing growth/development and sticking to it e.g. Luke Cage.

For the most part though, stagnation seems to be the SOP and in a fair few cases, the reset button is actively hit.
    Yep, lazy writers/lack of vision who believe that things like marriage or having a kid limits a character.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I understand Peter Parker to an extent because he is a HUGE character at Marvel.

But Iron Fist is the perfect tertiary character you can apply something like that to. It worked for Luke Cage, so it’s a shame it can’t fit Danny.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yep, lazy writers/lack of vision who believe that things like marriage or having a kid limits a character.
    Or having a well paying job that is inline with his character and smarts which balances his civilian guise with his superhero alias "perfectly"? I personally consider Horizon Labs era of Spidey to be the best development for Peter Parker and should have become the new status quo. Much Like Luke and Jessica's marriage and the introduction of Danielle.

Or being a successful average man?

All under the guise of "the old Parker-Luck" which is a product created by those same guys that lack vision amongst other things.

I mean, haven't met a fan who ever asked for, or for that matter, likes the concept of Parker-Luck. IF Marvel insists on this, they should just limit it to maybe his dating life and make it a running gag. Yes we'll never get the marriage to MJ but I'll take this over his entire life being $#!t.

I've ranted enough. Let's get back to the thread topic...

Decided to pick up Black Cat #8, which features Danny, Pei, and Gork -- plus the Beetle, who's always fun -- and honestly I would really like to see the creative team of this book get a shot at an Iron Fist book. I really enjoyed the characterization and the visual representation of every character.

-Pav, who was stoked to see Gork again finally...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Decided to pick up Black Cat #8, which features Danny, Pei, and Gork -- plus the Beetle, who's always fun -- and honestly I would really like to see the creative team of this book get a shot at an Iron Fist book. I really enjoyed the characterization and the visual representation of every character.

-Pav, who was stoked to see Gork again finally...
    Is that the story where Danny is "fighting" Black Cat and just having fun treating it as a sparring session?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Is that the story where Danny is "fighting" Black Cat and just having fun treating it as a sparring session?
    Yeah, bro. Definitely liked that issue, very fun.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

Yeah, while Pei kick's Beetle's rear.

Black Cat does an excellent job of respecting the guest stars while progressing the plot, IMO

Mighty Member

Cool. Definitely need to pick that one up. It's so rare that you see a writer show Danny as being a far superior combatant in other character's books. Most of the time they want to show the other character as being able to hang with Danny or just we see him being taken down. I think I have seen Danny lose more in the last few years than even in his history.

Cool. Definitely need to pick that one up. It's so rare that you see a writer show Danny as being a far superior combatant in other character's books. Most of the time they want to show the other character as being able to hang with Danny or just we see him being taken down. I think I have seen Danny lose more in the last few years than even in his history.
    It was fun. But it still respected Danny. He was confident and joking during the fight. And the side gag between Pei a and Beetle was really good too. At the same time, it’s still a Black Cat comic, so Black Cat wins out in the end. But it was a strong showing nonetheless.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Davos in action!! I just love this dialog: "You could sooner stop a whirlwind." Actually I would love for Davos to show up in a Daredevil, Moon Knight or Cap book. i also wish he was still associated with Crane Mother but he had a more unique chi abilities. Still an evil "Iron Fist" who is bigger and stronger causing havoc in the Marvel Universe would be fun to read. Especially if he is written well.

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-i...david-wachter/

New miniseries by Hama and Wachter coming out in 2021.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-i...david-wachter/

New miniseries by Hama and Wachter coming out in 2021.
    Question: are the Immortal Weapons referred to as the Deadly Weapons now?

Sounds good. It would be nice to be excited about Iron Fist again.