Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Looks cool. I was hesitant at first hearing that Danny would be facing zombies. But these action scenes look great. They make sense too. Iron Fist has a mystical origin, so it's reasonable that he'd face armies of the dead. Like Wachter's work from his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stint. It seems very reminiscent of Bryne's work from back in the 70s, just a bit grittier.

Also, looks like Dog Brother #1 is making an appearance here. Can't wait to see the other Weapons!

Part of me feels as though there's something more at play here. The premise is standard enough, Danny defends K'un Lun. But is there more to it? Does Hama have a twist at the end? We'll see.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Wow this looks amazing! Can’t wait to check it out

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Looks cool. I was hesitant at first hearing that Danny would be facing zombies. But these action scenes look great. They make sense too. Iron Fist has a mystical origin, so it's reasonable that he'd face armies of the dead. Like Wachter's work from his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stint. It seems very reminiscent of Bryne's work from back in the 70s, just a bit grittier.

Also, looks like Dog Brother #1 is making an appearance here. Can't wait to see the other Weapons!

Part of me feels as though there's something more at play here. The premise is standard enough, Danny defends K'un Lun. But is there more to it? Does Hama have a twist at the end? We'll see.
    Always happy to hear an I.F. appearance/ (mini)series.
    While the flow of the art in the previews is great, not a fan of the actual art if I'm being honest.
    Would prefer if it wasn't yet another K'un Lun focused story. I get that's the foundation of the I.F. mythos but...
    Will still check it out.

Super excited about this! Loving the art and glad they got rid of the tracksuit and are using a slightly modern take on his classic costume!

I'm glad they got rid of the tracksuit, but I'm not loving the way the new-style classic costume is drawn. For the classic costume artists should look at how Byrne made it work, imo. And I still suggest the Heroes For Hire Pascual Ferry redesign for a more practical updating of the costume - I don't know why it didn't get more traction as it looked great when Ferry drew it.

Larry Hamma is a little more old school than I was expecting for a new Iron Fist series, but I am so happy the tracksuit is gone .

Considering that Serpent War preluded Age of Khonshu (and tried to lead into it, though Aaron didn't acknowledge anything from it), Atlantis Attack preluded Enter the Phoenix (and I doubt Aaron will acknowledge anything from it or Invaders in regards to Namor), I wonder if this has anything to do with that tease from Avengers #10.

BANNED

Oh wow, will check this out for sure!

I like how Marvel's been coming out with all these minis recently that I'm interested in... With what Force Works, Juggernaut, U.S. Agent, Namor, Thunderbolts, Falcon & Winter Soldier and now Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Considering that Serpent War preluded Age of Khonshu (and tried to lead into it, though Aaron didn't acknowledge anything from it), Atlantis Attack preluded Enter the Phoenix (and I doubt Aaron will acknowledge anything from it or Invaders in regards to Namor), I wonder if this has anything to do with that tease from Avengers #10.

Was thinking that myself. I was expecting Iron Fist to be fighting Hand ninjas like in Avengers #10 preview, but no dice. Is this latest miniseries related or not? Hmmmm...

In any case, more I look at the preview, more I'm interested in the story. Love Danny's creativity here.

As for Dave Wachter, seriously, if you haven't seen his work on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, check it out. Good stuff. Though I've to admit, Danny kinda looks like a turtle to me. Anyone else getting that vibe?
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I'm glad they got rid of the tracksuit, but I'm not loving the way the new-style classic costume is drawn. For the classic costume artists should look at how Byrne made it work, imo. And I still suggest the Heroes For Hire Pascual Ferry redesign for a more practical updating of the costume - I don't know why it didn't get more traction as it looked great when Ferry drew it.
    In agreement with you about the classic being the best. In fact, Pasqual Ferry's version is a favorite...

As for other favorites, there're many but my top two favorites would be...

• Carlos Pacheco

• Jae Lee

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-22-2020 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Corrected Spelling.

https://static3.cbrimages.com/wordpr...h=1123&dpr=1.5
    https://static0.cbrimages.com/wordpr...h=1123&dpr=1.5
    https://static1.cbrimages.com/wordpr...h=1123&dpr=1.5

I'm really liking the artwork here, especially for that last panel.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Might be my first Iron Fist series pick up

Love the frenetic art style for both of these covers.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Oh wow, will check this out for sure!

I like how Marvel's been coming out with all these minis recently that I'm interested in... With what Force Works, Juggernaut, U.S. Agent, Namor, Thunderbolts, Falcon & Winter Soldier and now Iron Fist.
    Same. Always enjoyed trying new characters through an intriguing-looking mini -- and getting to read about an old favorite is even better!

Already reading Juggernaut, and Iron Fist is a must-buy. The U.S.Agent mini looks interesting, so I may pick it up despite having no real history with the character -- and I'm even more likely to also buy the upcoming Black Knight oneshot written by Si Spurrier.

-Pav, who hopes Pei plays a sizable role in this...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Love the frenetic art style for both of these covers.
    Love the second cover.