Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Yes he did but he just gave Danny the ‘I can hit things very hard.’ ability. Which is particularly boring and non imaginative for an Iron Fist writer. Overall I was really disappointed in how he wrote Danny. Bendis is passionate about Luke and you can tell in his writing and Danny was mostly in the background.
    I agree completely. I actually really wanted Bendis to try his hand on Danny, though. It’s a shame he never really tried tackling a reboot of Heroes for Hire after his run on Siege. I know it was sort of his Defenders run. But aside from the art, there wasn’t much character in there.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I agree completely. I actually really wanted Bendis to try his hand on Danny, though. It’s a shame he never really tried tackling a reboot of Heroes for Hire after his run on Siege. I know it was sort of his Defenders run. But aside from the art, there wasn’t much character in there.
    Indeed. Reminds me how excited we were about images like this during Bendis' run:

And thinking that Danny would play an integral role in taming the Phoenix. Yeah, K'un Lun plays a role. But sadly Danny didn't. Quite frustrating.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Always liked this suit. It seems practical and tactical in a way. Danny looks like he's wearing body armor, which is great.
    And of all the IF costumes, Ferry's are the only ones which seem to be deliberately going for a dragon motif (though that might just be some of the armour sections remind me of dragon scales).

I don't know if anybody here has been reading Rucka & Lark's Lazarus, but that would be a creative team that would work well for Iron Fist, imo.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    And of all the IF costumes, Ferry's are the only ones which seem to be deliberately going for a dragon motif (though that might just be some of the armour sections remind me of dragon scales).

I don't know if anybody here has been reading Rucka & Lark's Lazarus, but that would be a creative team that would work well for Iron Fist, imo.
    That could work but Rucka has said many times he’s only interested in writing stories with female protagonist.

That could work but Rucka has said many times he’s only interested in writing stories with female protagonist.
    Did he just recently say that? He did have runs on Batman, Wolverine, and the Punisher.

As for Lark, I think he'd be a good fit. He's in that same mold as Aja, an artist who has this dynamic, gritty style. In his Dardevil run with Brubaker, there were hints of Iron Fist:

Looking at them now, I think he could work.
    "I am a man of peace."

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I feel Iron Fist needs a bit more flamboyanc-y, if that makes sense. Larks drawing is very...real and authentic (see his Lazarus battles which are rehearsed battles)
    What about Declan Shalvey??

Declan Shalvey could be cool. Brissom's run ended with Danny reuniting with his dead half-sister Miranda so you could pitch that to Rucka.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Declan Shalvey could be cool. Brissom's run ended with Danny reuniting with his dead half-sister Miranda so you could pitch that to Rucka.
    Shalvey would be nice. He made a great sketch of Iron Fist about a decade ago:

Now, that's cool. But I think the best showcase of his art (and the best showing of a potential Iron Fist series) was in Moon Knight, specifically Moon Knight #5:

"I am a man of peace."

Did he just recently say that? He did have runs on Batman, Wolverine, and the Punisher.

As for Lark, I think he'd be a good fit. He's in that same mold as Aja, an artist who has this dynamic, gritty style. In his Dardevil run with Brubaker, there were hints of Iron Fist:

One of my favorite DD moments from Brubaker's run.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Mighty Member

I listened to a podcast he was on a year or two ago where he said so. If I remember correctly, he was asked if he returned to write anything for the big two and he said Wonder Woman only. He said he had no interest in writing male protagonist. If you noticed all of his projects have had female leads in the last 5 years: Lazarus, Stumptown and Black Magick.

I listened to a podcast he was on a year or two ago where he said so. If I remember correctly, he was asked if he returned to write anything for the big two and he said Wonder Woman only. He said he had no interest in writing male protagonist. If you noticed all of his projects have had female leads in the last 5 years: Lazarus, Stumptown and Black Magick.
    Thanks for the head up, bro.
    "I am a man of peace."

Kaare Andrews' run on Iron Fist rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way. But y'know what, his art was really something. I've posted in the past Danny going triple uranium with that huge iron fist splash art. But there were some other great moment as well:

Also glad to see Danny using the three-section-staff:
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

Kaare Andrews' run on Iron Fist rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way. But y'know what, his art was really something. I've posted in the past Danny going triple uranium with that huge iron fist splash art. But there were some other great moment as well:

Also glad to see Danny using the three-section-staff:
    I really dug his art too and Andrews has a long history of training in martial arts. I just did not care for his choices on what he did with K'un-Lun or Danny's personality in that series. I mean he kills the Thunderer. He basically said that the original series that what drove Danny was anger and trauma. So all that bubbles up to the surface. He felt that it was not addressed in any of the previous series. Like I said I did not like his choices but I really enjoyed his art.

I knew Andrews' run was the peak when he topped the consecutive splash pages with the building and then topped the building with the last reveal.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

K'un-Lun, the Golden Immortal City: