Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Really like is full page spread of Danny vs Electra:

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    We gotta take whomever we can bro. If an Iron Fist title gets just a little steam, hey, enjoy as much as you can.

This is an instance where I would have loved to have seen Danny go all out. We were talking before about Iron Fist getting that extra chi boost from Orson and how he was learning all of these techniques. Well, Danny could have definitely used all of his Iron Fist powers on the Gorgon. It would have been cool to see Gorgon, amped up and all, like this:

Come face to face against a Shou-Lao, chi-infused Danny, with enhanced speed, strength, and power:

Man, we have to see this!
    Yep would love to see this. The Gorgon is a great villain (one of Marvels best modern new villains)

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Do you think Bendis in his best days (Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil, Alias?) could have written a good Iron Fist? He clearly seemed to like the character. I’m surprised he never tried his hand at it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Do you think Bendis in his best days (Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil, Alias?) could have written a good Iron Fist? He clearly seemed to like the character. I’m surprised he never tried his hand at it.
    I think if he had passion for the character but he never did much with Danny as character or his power set. He had no passion for Luke. He just used Danny as a guy who could hit things really hard occasionally. If he loved Danny the way he did for DD, he could have done some interesting stories.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Cap's style is basic because of his physical enhancement due to the super soldier serum. The faster and stronger you are, the less technical you need to be. Then you add Cap's endless stamina and discipline; he is a tough nut to crack. Before the 2000s I can't recall of another fighter ever defeating Cap. Since then there have had others fighter beat Cap but back in the day, he never lost to someone who was not superpowered.
    Thanks for the heads up, bro.

Really like is full page spread of Danny vs Electra:

That was a really good fight scene. It took up about a good third to a half of that issue. It established just how good Danny is. Difficult to find the best shots from the issue because well, they were all really well done:

I think if he had passion for the character but he never did much with Danny as character or his power set. He had no passion for Luke. He just used Danny as a guy who could hit things really hard occasionally. If he loved Danny the way he did for DD, he could have done some interesting stories.
    Agreed. Something that just happens with Danny. Whenever he's in a team book, he just makes a quip, maybe punches something, and that's it. May have to do with the fact that writers are still trying to get a handle on his personality.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

He left DD a mess. Count your blessings

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He left DD a mess. Count your blessings
    So many consider his DD run the GOAT. I am assuming you disagree.

So many consider his DD run the GOAT. I am assuming you disagree.
    Hey, that run made me a fan of DD. Yeah, the Alex Maleev stuff could have been more superhero-y, but definitely defined the character.

In any case, wow, just stumbled upon this badass history of Iron Fist made be Comic Drake. And indeed it is badass! It delves into the history of the Iron Fist (so that's how they first got Shou Lao), the powers (mental abilities? levitation?), and the potential. It covers a lot of what we've said already and some stuff that we haven't.

Check it out!

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Mighty Mighty Joe Q Fist:

Mighty Member

Looks like a painting. I really like this piece:

Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

To become unto a thing like Iron:

Mighty Member

Mike Deodato

Mighty Member

One of the very rare Iron Fist powers that we do not see used anymore it the "mind meld." Not even sure he has used it since the original Iron fist series. I think that most writers do not realize how close he and Coleen are:

Mighty Member

How Danny introduced himself to Luke Cage. If I remember correctly it was with a "Luke Cage, turn around."

power man flying.jpg

Mighty Member