Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

John Byrne is probably the GOAT Iron Fist artist. At least when he is not inking himself. It's between he and David Aja IMO and Aja just was not that consistent in his own series. But Aja has great character designs and is on of the best in conveying action. Here is an example from the 1976 series.

Mighty Member

and the next page:

Ultimate Member

I'm kinda shocked that Master Khan hasn't returned after Namor ripped his head off. I don't know the character too well, what are/were the racial undertones?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm kinda shocked that Master Khan hasn't returned after Namor ripped his head off. I don't know the character too well, what are/were the racial undertones?
    I am not sure it really been stated. He was from the non specific 'orient' before traveling to Halwan. Not sure if he originally from K'un-Lun but it really has not been fleshed out. He seemed more like a stereotypical Fu Manchu type mastermind character with magic.
    Last edited by taozen; 04-29-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Mighty Member

Marvel article on Danny's 10 biggest enemies:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-of-iron-fist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I am not sure it really been stated. He was from the non specific 'orient' before traveling to Halwan. Not sure if he originally from K'un-Lun but it really has not been fleshed out. He seemed more like a stereotypical Fu Manchu type mastermind character with magic.
    It's explained in Power Man & Iron Fist #74-75. He is apparently one of the original K'un Lun deities.

BANNED

John Byrne is probably the GOAT Iron Fist artist. At least when he is not inking himself. It's between he and David Aja IMO and Aja just was not that consistent in his own series. But Aja has great character designs and is on of the best in conveying action.
    Yeah. Byrne, Aja... I did enjoy Perkins too and there is something to be said for Gammill also.

Byrne
    Aja
    Perkins
    Foreman

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    It's explained in Power Man & Iron Fist #74-75. He is apparently one of the original K'un Lun deities.
    Okay, man I wish I was quarantined away form my comics. I have not read those issues in over 10 years. But I thought he was actually from K'un Lun but was not sure.

One of the very rare Iron Fist powers that we do not see used anymore it the "mind meld." Not even sure he has used it since the original Iron fist series. I think that most writers do not realize how close he and Coleen are:

Awesome bro. Yeah, looking at these Byrne pages, he definitely captured Danny's essence. I like this usage of powers as well. Again, what else could Danny do? What else could the power of Shou-Lao do? We need to see more of that.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Another great video explaining Iron Fist

It intrigued me to find out that Danny had connections with Amazing Man. It's been a while since I looked up John Aman's backstory and so it was nice to see how the two were connected. Speaking of which, I really miss the Prince of Orphans:

Especially when he punked out Davos during the tournament:

"I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

What's even better was Danny and Fat Cobra's reaction. What it showed was that the Prince of Orphans sees the tournament as an exploration of martial arts technique and not actual war. He shows Davos and tells everyone that if he chooses, none of you can lay a finger on me and I can kill you all. So let us continue to have sparring matches or else.

prince of orphans vs davos.jpg

Mighty Member

What's even better was Danny and Fat Cobra's reaction. What it showed was that the Prince of Orphans sees the tournament as an exploration of martial arts technique and not actual war. He shows Davos and tells everyone that if he chooses, none of you can lay a finger on me and I can kill you all. So let us continue to have sparring matches or else.

prince of orphans vs davos.jpg
    Thanks bro. Cool reactions.

Found this really candid scene between Danny and Luke's daughter Danielle. I think it's pretty cool when Danny is the uncle figure:

"I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Thanks bro. Cool reactions.

Found this really candid scene between Danny and Luke's daughter Danielle. I think it's pretty cool when Danny is the uncle figure:

Your post didn't show but here it is:

iron fist teaching.jpg