Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    The dragon within, this is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I can see him getting another solo but he might be better off in a team book. Ignoring that whole can of worms, i just never found him that interesting when he's on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    IMO, his solo series have been generally pretty good. Yes, Power Man and Iron Fist was a great series, and Heroes for Hire had its moments, but the Claremont/Byrne series and Immortal Iron Fist series were excellent, too. You just need a creative team that actually cares enough about Danny to make it work.

Edit: plus, if he's on a team-book, there's always a chance he'll be relegated to a crappy role, eg. team jerk, comic side-kick, or just wallpaper.
    Indeed, I agree that there should be a solo series. There are just a lot of story bits in Danny's life. Having a solo something would be a good way to explore them. Personally, I'd just like someone to put a definitive stamp on Danny's character and we can finally say this is who Danny is. Preferably, that character could be funny, yet still serious.

That being said, would like to post this picture of Danny meeting Zhou Cheng. Loved the dragon head on his fist! This is what I'd like to see more, moments when Danny can really just cut loose!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I was excited that she got as much screentime as she did in Contagion.

Honestly, I'd love to see Brisson get another chance at Iron Fist; I'm curious where he would go next with the characters.

-Pav, who wants Pei to meet the Kid Dragon Lord...
    Brisson's run was so good! It may be my favorite IF run.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    IMO, his solo series have been generally pretty good. Yes, Power Man and Iron Fist was a great series, and Heroes for Hire had its moments, but the Claremont/Byrne series and Immortal Iron Fist series were excellent, too. You just need a creative team that actually cares enough about Danny to make it work.

Edit: plus, if he's on a team-book, there's always a chance he'll be relegated to a crappy role, eg. team jerk, comic side-kick, or just wallpaper.
    I've read most IF runs too and i liked them but i wouldn't say any of them are great or make Danny's day to day that compelling to follow. To me he find his footing as a supporting character than a solo lead so im more interested in a potential teamup more.

Or just give him a partner in his solo. Both Andrew's and Brisson's run picked up when he partnered with another character. Thats why i felt he should've stayed married to Misty.

As well as keeping Rand enterprises dissolved and having that portal to K'un L'un. The latter would open up a lot of stories for K'un L'un.

But who knows maybe the next run might be the best to come. Danny needs to find his Frank Miller equivalent.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-28-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Mighty Member

I do not have any of Deadly Hands issues. Are they worth picking up in general? Are there any good Danny stories?

Wow this is awesome!

Mighty Member

Ha, Danny going for a cool Abraham Lincoln vibe. I'm digging it.

As for me, digging this nice pairing of Iron Fist and Pei:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

John Byrne Fist commission:

Mighty Member

Some more Byrne commission work--Fist vs Batroc and Grim Reaper:

I wouldn't mind Christopher Cantwell had a shot at a future Iron Fist run. He has done the Doctor Doom comic and will be writing Iron Man but i know him from his tv work. He created the show "Halt and Catch Fire" which i loved and Iron Fist may benefit from him taking the reins.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Did anything between Dannys and Misty Knights kid ever materialise?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Did anything between Dannys and Misty Knights kid ever materialise?
    You mean Lucy?

The answer is no.

Which is too bad. The longer they wait to have a kid, the less a chance a “Lucy” could be born to grow up with Danielle Cage.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You mean Lucy?

The answer is no.

Which is too bad. The longer they wait to have a kid, the less a chance a “Lucy” could be born to grow up with Danielle Cage.
    I’m not sure what her name was. I just remember it was the tail end of Immortal run just after Fraction - where Misty revealed she was pregnant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’m not sure what her name was. I just remember it was the tail end of Immortal run just after Fraction - where Misty revealed she was pregnant.
    It was revealed it was a phantom pregnancy.