Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

You also forgot Arrow too.

This is gonna sound weird but I wanted IF joined Agents Of SHIELD after his cancellation. I just felt like the other shows didn't need him as much.

I'm hoping if IF gets rebooted for Disney+, I'm hoping he gets some good interactions with the X-men. I liked their appearances in the Claremont/Byrne run and wished they did more with it.

I feel the same with his teamup with the Midnight Sons. Danny needs some new friends/enemies etc.

I was willing to accept a lot with the first season of Iron Fist. Yeah, there were the fight scenes, but Danny's characterization was understandable to me. His anger and rage were understandable (especially since I appreciated Kaare Andrews' Iron Fist series). Was Danny too childish and irresponsible at times, especially when he was given the reigns of the company? Yes, he was. But I tolerated it, since I could understand the anger and rage.

In any case, I think this (as well as the fighting) was remedied in the Defenders, Luke Cage, and later season of Iron Fist when Danny started to be more responsible and less hot-headed.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You also forgot Arrow too.

This is gonna sound weird but I wanted IF joined Agents Of SHIELD after his cancellation. I just felt like the other shows didn't need him as much.

I'm hoping if IF gets rebooted for Disney+, I'm hoping he gets some good interactions with the X-men. I liked their appearances in the Claremont/Byrne run and wished they did more with it.

I feel the same with his teamup with the Midnight Sons. Danny needs some new friends/enemies etc.
    Totally feeling you there. Danny has mystical roots and it would have been cool to see some K'un Lun magic in a Midnight Sons series.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #10 Mar 1975
    Iron Fist stars in "Slay Now, Die Later!"
    Enter-the Steel Serpent! Enter-death!

Bloody battle...Kung Fu carnage...

Iron Fist versus the Steel Serpent!

Story by Tony Isabella and David Kraft. Art by Frank McLaughlin and Rudy Nebres.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Marvel Team-Up #31 Mar 1975
    "For A Few Fists More!" First meeting between Iron Fist and Spider-Man.
    Peter Parker is sitting down in a diner for a meal that is suddenly interrupted
    when Iron Fist kicks a mugger through a window into the restaraunt.
    Parker watches in awe as Iron Fist easily disarms the knife weilding man and steps out once the fight is done.
    Curious about this martial artist, Peter slips into a nearby alley to change into Spider-Man
    and follow after him so he can snap photos for the Daily Bugle. As Spider-Man follows after Iron Fist,
    he is unaware that the both are being observed by a strange man who speaks backwards.
    This is Drom the Backward Man, and he believes that these two heroes can provide him
    with enough power to continue living and follows after them. In order to accomplish this,
    the man uses a ray device to snap Spider-Man's web and cause him to land on top of Iron Fist.

Thinking that this is an attack, Iron Fist strikes back. Spider-Man's speed allows
    him to dodge a kick that is powerful enough to knock down a lamp post.
    Sure enough the two heroes begin to fight each other, much to Drom's delight.
    However, Spider-Man has a cooler head and uses his webbing to tie up Iron Fist.
    After explaining that someone shot his web, the pair agree to compare notes.
    Iron Fist rips free of the webbing and the pair sit down at a nearby playground to compare notes.
    Furious that they are no longer fighting, Drom uses his weapon to
    transform the sand around them into a massive four armed sand creature.

Iron Fist is knocked out in the opening salvo, but Spider-Man manages
    to get the upper hand when he wraps the sand creature in webbing.
    Suddenly it is destroyed by Drom who reveals himself to his two targets.
    Spider-Man tries to fire a web at their foe, but it disinitgrates before making contact with Drom.
    While Spider-Man is still confused, Drom blasts him, knocking the hero out.

Spider-Man later wakes up in Drom's lab and finds himself tied to a chair.
    Using a device that translates his words, Drom explains his origins to the confined hero.
    He explains that after his birth, due to some bizarre twist of fate, he turned from an infant to an old man.
    Drom quickly learned that he was aging backward and began inventing the technology he needed to keep himself alive,
    from devices that transform food into material his reversed metabolism can eat and drain the energies from people
    and objects that is reflected back at a specially made mirror that slows his reversed aging process.
    That's why he instigated the battle between Spider-Man and Iron Fist, in order to draw the power he needed.
    Now with Spider-Man his prisoner, Drom will drain the hero of all his energy. As Drom activates the device,

Iron Fist comes crashing through the wall, having followed Drom from the scene of their battle. After knocking Drom aside,

Iron Fist frees Spider-Man and after Iron Fist is warned not to touch Drom,
    the pair quickly figure out a way to defeat their foe: the mirror.

Script by Gerry Conway. Pencils by Jim Mooney. Inks by Vince Colletta.

Mighty Member

What would be the 3 to 5 story ideas you all would want to see in a new Iron Fist series (mini or ongoing)?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    What would be the 3 to 5 story ideas you all would want to see in a new Iron Fist series (mini or ongoing)?
    1) Still would love to see an exploration of the past Iron Fists. Danny visits the descendants, he's caught up with one of their past enemies, anything involving the past Iron Fists would be cool. (Truth be told, I wouldn't mind the comics do what the series did, having Colleen as a descedant of Wu Ao Shi).

2) Danny fighting against the Hand. The execution was so-so in the Netflix series, so I think it could be better in a comic. I always felt that there was some connection between the Iron Fist and the Hand. It's got to be explored.

3) I'm always up for a martial arts tournament arc. Huge fan of those. Want to see Danny face off against the other best martial artists in the Marvel Universe. I'd especially like a team tournament arc. I could imagine Danny, Davos, Divine Wolf, and Pei represent Team K'un Lun in some multidimensional martial arts tournament, maybe against the Heavenly Cities again. Or maybe have it on Earth and face off against other factions (i.e The Hand).

4) Something involving Iron Fist and Pei. I miss Pei .
    "I am a man of peace."

1) a new love interest- I was thinking Nightshade or Frenzy

2)an in-depth look at K'un L'un- just bring back that portal from Immortal Iron fist.

3)a partnership with his half-sister Miranda

4)a reveal that Misty knight once taught him how to do undercover work

5) some new villians and a new home outside NY.

1. Nick Spencer

2. Nick Spencer

3. Nick Spencer
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

What stories I want to read are:

1: Exploration of the Book of the Iron Fist. Since the book has chi techniques, physical techniques and stories written by past Iron Fist, the possibilities are endless to develop stories integrating the mystic tome.

2: Stories exploring what is to be an iron fist. That story should involve Danny, Quan Yaozu (the original Iron Fist) and Pei. A deep dive into the balancing of the spiritual and the martial. What is to know that you must kill and most likely will eventually be killed as the defender of K'un-L'un? I for one do not like there being multiple Iron Fist in existence. I know marvel has taken on a bit of the legacy character development that DC uses, but I believe that it waters down a character mythology and is a bit lazy.

3: A deeper dive into K'un-L'un and its culture. Hey its a mystical city. So how is it to grow up in a mystical culture and oh what wonders should be revealed in those stories. It would be cool to see other schools in K'un-L'un and other legendary instructors.

4. Removing Danny from the street level combatant status. I think that once Danny absorbed Orson chi with a significant increase in power and gaining the Book of the Iron Fist, his stories should beyond fighting people at the corner store. The stories should be a mystical world adventure tapping into dangerous fighting techniques and strange magical abilities.

5. See Danny traveling and training with the other Marvel Universe great fighters. Imagine training Judo and military combatives with Cap, ninja techniques and/or boxing with DD, sparring with weapons with Shang Chi, etc.

1) An exploration of the other Immortal Cities, which we've seen almost nothing of

2) Constant inclusion of Danny's fascinating supporting cast, along with the utilization of past stories to strengthen continuity -- including stories about past Iron Fists

3) the original Agents of Atlas as friendly antagonists

-Pav, who also loves Pei...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Man I miss that series. I wish the team could have stayed together. Just saying.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    1. Nick Spencer

2. Nick Spencer

3. Nick Spencer
    1) God No

2) Sweet God no

3) Sweet Baby Jesus no.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    1) God No

2) Sweet God no

3) Sweet Baby Jesus no.
    I think Spencer would be a great writer, actually. Spencer's writing would fit Danny's sense of humor.
    "I am a man of peace."