Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

The legacy of the Iron Fist:

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    The legacy of the Iron Fist:

Always wanted a story featuring the Iron Fist in the back, Bei Ming Tian. He was the one that held back the Mongols back during the first issue of Brubaker/Aja's run. And that really interests me because I think he failed. The Mongols took over China and ruled it as a dynasty for nearly a century. So, what happened to him? Did the Mongols beat him? Was he swayed over to their side?

That's the potential of Iron Fist right there.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Always wanted a story featuring the Iron Fist in the back, Bei Ming Tian. He was the one that held back the Mongols back during the first issue of Brubaker/Aja's run. And that really interests me because I think he failed. The Mongols took over China and ruled it as a dynasty for nearly a century. So, what happened to him? Did the Mongols beat him? Was he swayed over to their side?

That's the potential of Iron Fist right there.
    Exactly!! And for some reason they try to keep him as a street level character. I want to see the Iron Fist ‘hold back the storm when no one else can.’

Mighty Member

The bottom right box is the one sentence that causes me to be disappointed in the majority of Iron Fist writers. That one sentence opens up so many possibilites in those "unheard of secrets and techniques."

Am I allowed to say that I actually like Fongji.

From the days when Iron Fist seemed like he was on an upswing:

Brubaker & Lark (Daredevil #112)

BANNED

Am I the only one who would like to see Orson Randall's WWI adventures? Man there's such potential for a book right there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    From the days when Iron Fist seemed like he was on an upswing:

Brubaker & Lark (Daredevil #112)
    That's because it was written by Brubaker. I personally the majority of the interesting Danny story elements in the Immortal Iron Fist came from him considering how Fraction wrote Danny in the Defenders Comic. He was mostly comic relief in that book.
    Last edited by taozen; 04-17-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Mighty Member

More from Brubaker and Lark from their Daredevil run:

fist heals dakota.jpg
    Last edited by taozen; 04-16-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Mighty Member

Danny has a bit of warm presence here that he is seldom written with. Also this fairly simple 'scene' is one of the best that was written with Danny as a guest star since the Immortal Iron Fist run. Most writers do not give his character much depth.

Incredible Member

Seeing these pages are bitter sweet. Serves as a painful reminder of what could have (and arguably should have) been.

Not only was this DD run (Bendis' part inclusive) one of the best runs in comic history, save for Shadowland, Brubaker continued the momentum and character development started in Immortal Iron Fist.

Would love to see a Brubaker Iron Fist series. Maybe something similar to Priest's Deathstroke - 50 issues. Will still take a maxi-series over a lot of what's currently being pushed out these days.

Consider him to be one of the most proficient writers in the industry today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Seeing these pages are bitter sweet. Serves as a painful reminder of what could have (and arguably should have) been.

Not only was this DD run (Bendis' part inclusive) one of the best runs in comic history, save for Shadowland, Brubaker continued the momentum and character development started in Immortal Iron Fist.

Would love to see a Brubaker Iron Fist series. Maybe something similar to Priest's Deathstroke - 50 issues. Will still take a maxi-series over a lot of what's currently being pushed out these days.

Consider him to be one of the most proficient writers in the industry today.
    Indeed. 2006 - 2009 (or there about's), before all the arguments about "white savior/cultural appropriation" this or bad Netflix series that, that was a great time for Iron Fist fans. Just to see him come back with a cool new premise, new direction, and great characters (The Immortal Weapons), the story potential there was endless. And y'know what......it still is.

Speaking of the Immortal Weapons, I'm still in awe over Danny's fight Fat Cobra during the Seven Cities arc:

"I am a man of peace."

Speaking of the Immortal Weapons, well, I didn't appreciate this scene when it first came out. Back during that tournament arc, Aja didn't finish the story. Rather it was Kano. So, I felt the story ended a little flat. But looking at the whole gang here, again, great memories:

"I am a man of peace."

Man I am missing Brubaker something fierce right now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Really wishing there was more interaction between Pei and Victor Alvarez Power Man:

Would be pretty cool to see how students of Iron Fist interact with one another.
    "I am a man of peace."