Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vision Appreciation 2020

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Happy New Year to my favorite synthezoid hero .

BANNED

Default THE VISION Appreciation 2020

Because he deserves it, he is one of the most underrated characters on Marvel and super hero comics in general
    I.R. JPG 22.jpg

what are the boundaries of his powers currently? Is he still purely technological at this point?

Yes, that's never changed, has it?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-18-2020 at 08:10 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Even though he recently starred in one of the most acclaimed comics Marvel has ever done, it seems they don't quite know what to do with him. Maybe it's just that he's so associated with the Avengers that no one really knows how to use him if he's not on the Avengers roster?

It probably doesn't help that his MCU status is so completely up in the air: everyone expected him to come back in Avengers: Endgame, instead he was one of the few major characters left completely out of the film, and no one even knows if he's alive or dead when the new Disney+ series begins (let alone when it ends). The comics tend to take their cues from the movies and they haven't been given anything to go on in a while.

It's a shame because everyone forgets now that he was acclaimed as the best part of Avengers: Age of Ultron, but he hasn't been used well since then, in film or comics.

Extraordinary Member

The stalwart Vision has been one of my absolute favorites.

Incredible Member

Always loved this character. I still have my beat up copy of Avengers #57! Pleas get rid of his current costume though. Way too busy and gaudy. I would much prefer one of his classic looks.

BANNED

13 VISION AND SCARLET WITCH COVERS TO MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD https://13thdimension.com/13-vision-...you-feel-good/

BANNED

The History of Vision & The Scarlet Witch

BANNED

Avengers #253 Mar 1985
    "Conquering Vision"
    With encouragement from ISAAC, the Vision makes his move to seize control of every computer system on Earth!

The synthezoid avenger slips through the cyber defenses of the Pentagon, NORAD, SHIELD and the Kremlin!

But along the way, the Avengers' chairman bumps into an electronic super-villain also inside the world's computers!

It's Quasimodo!
    If the Vision can fight past Quasimodo,
    he'll face Earth's Mightiest Heroes next! Wow!

NOTE: The Vision's actions will have serious consequences for him beginning in West Coast Avengers 42.

Script by Roger Stern. Art by Bob Hall (breakdowns), Ian Akin (finishes) and Brian Garvey (finishes).

Vision is one of many characters I wish I liked more.

He’s “cool enough” on his own, I guess I just haven’t read much involving him that’s gripped me (yes I read the Tom King series).

BANNED

Avengers #254 Apr 1985
    "Absolute Vision"
    Returning to their headquarters, the Avengers search for the Vision,
    while the West Coast team sends Wonder Man underwater to enter the mansion through the submarine pen.

The Vision confronts each of his teammates in a different holographic form:
    the Scarlet Witch, as a human version of himself; Captain America, in his normal aspect;
    Wonder Man, in casual attire; Starfox, as a floating head; and Hercules and the Black Knight, as a costumed warrior.

He explains to them how a control crystal implanted in his brain upon his creation by Ultron
    has always governed his memory and emotions, but has also allowed outside forces to take control of him.
    His recent link with ISAAC expanded his mental capacity,
    allowing him to mimic Starfox's power to stimulate the brain's pleasure centers
    and thus convince the Wasp to step down as chairman and the government to
    approve the team's expansion, all in furtherance of his plan for world control.
    His teammates, however, each present reasoned arguments that make his plan unworkable,

and the android regretfully abandons his scheme.

Locating him in the mansion's sub-basement lab,
    they manage to restore his mind to his body,

whereupon the Vision rips the control crystal from his brain,
    then prepares to deal with the repercussions of his actions.

Script by Roger Stern. Art by Bob Hall (breakdowns), Joe Delbeato (finishes) and Joe Rubinstein (finishes).

I love Vision, I wish I had any clue what his current status was in the MU. I'm not sure where I lost track of him, he was dead or something, then some other character was Vision and a bunch of other stuff I missed happened, so when he popped back up in books I wasn't even sure it was him. For such an iconic character, he's so often overlooked or plain forgotten.

In AI Avengers his body was turned into billions of nano robots and he was able to change form. I assumed those new powers have never been seen again?