Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Even if it's only for a couple issues it'll be worth it JUST to see if feathers get ruffled on teh interwebz. ESPECIALLY since Logan appears to be giving it his blessing.
    Don't see why that would be controversial.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Pandarifically Delusional View Post
    Yaaay! Laura Appreciation thread returns for a new year!
    You've only just noticed? This was one of the first threads relaunched, on New Year's Day. Four weeks ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I guess you missed how butt-hurt certain people got over Logan talking up Laura's abilities in the Generations one-shot. Logan himself pronouncing Laura Wolverine is sure to ruffle the same feathers.

I guess you missed how butt-hurt certain people got over Logan talking up Laura's abilities in the Generations one-shot. Logan himself pronouncing Laura Wolverine is sure to ruffle the same feathers.
    Well to be fair, that one line of dialogue in Generations did get a little too "Poochie, he's one outrageous dude!"

("I was the best there is at what I do... at least I thought I was.")
    Last edited by Nazrel; 01-29-2020 at 06:10 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Read X-men #5... Laura being depicted in relation to Outlawed, now seems kinda hilarious.

0 explanation on the change in name.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Explanation came back when she first switched back to X-23. She wanted the cloners to know who she was. Now she's on a different mission, she's back to being Wolverine.

And yeah, if she's in Outlawed at all, it's a continuity error. Probably should've been Gabby, who having been named on the Champions Reinforcement Roster in last year's #1, would make more sense to join Dust on the team and therefore be involved in the new status quo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Well to be fair, that one line of dialogue in Generations did get a little too "Poochie, he's one outrageous dude!"

("I was the best there is at what I do... at least I thought I was.")
    To be fair, (again) there really wasn't anything in Generations that hadn't already been established in canon. Laura is generally accepted to be faster and more technically precise, whereas Logan is more experienced in a wider array of arts (which TBH the latter is overrated. There's only so many ways the body can move, and there's considerable overlap between martial arts).

The only difference was that it was Logan HIMSELF saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Read X-men #5... Laura being depicted in relation to Outlawed, now seems kinda hilarious.

0 explanation on the change in name.
    It's not like we got a real explanation the FIRST time she took the name, either. The weird thing is that on the very next page Laura says that the mission is one for Wolverine, referring to Logan and not herself.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It shouldn't. There are two Spider-Men running around. And Miles isn't even related to Peter.

I think Laura being called Wolverine is fitting. She, more than anyone, has helped carry on and expand Logan's legacy. She is part of his family and unlike Daken or his other close friends, she embraces that legacy. She tries to embody the best parts of who Wolverine is. It's not just about the title. They're a family and sharing this part of the family helps make those bonds stronger, in my opinion. I really hope she keeps the title this time.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I thought the line in XM#5 was supposed to be read as questioning, maybe even a little accusatory - why are you sending the mutant who's "like Wolverine" but with less experience when Wolverine is right there, unless they're expendable?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I thought the line in XM#5 was supposed to be read as questioning, maybe even a little accusatory - why are you sending the mutant who's "like Wolverine" but with less experience when Wolverine is right there, unless they're expendable?
    The point is it's stupid for Laura to call HERSELF Wolverine on one page, and then immediately double-back. ESPECIALLY considering Laura has never shirked from putting her life on the line or taking on suicide missions on her own.

Astonishing Member

The point is it's stupid for Laura to call HERSELF Wolverine on one page, and then immediately double-back. ESPECIALLY considering Laura has never shirked from putting her life on the line or taking on suicide missions on her own.
    Laura always (especially after her recent growth) been more empathic to others, being told shes preaty much a sacrificial lamb so they keep Logan and keep her in the dark about this untill last minute so she can't get her affairs in order (especial ensuring gabby is taken care of) would piss her off. (Youd love if it she had a farewell moment with hellion would you ?)

Yeah, that was really dumb.

This book made it seem like she only wants to be called Wolverine when it’s convenient for her. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Scott was questioning himself. I got some dark vibes here, Sych is back for such a little time to do this kind of mission

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Seeing this team makes me a little worried. Looks like a team of red shirts but I guess with the new Karoka that’s not a massive problem.
    spoilers:
    Do I get a tin foil hat award?
    end of spoilers

chock me in the "Boy was this underwhelming" group.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.