Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So, Laura is continuing as Wolverine. Wonder why Logan has a suit and patch instead of his Wolverine uniform?
    Maybe he doesn’t care much about the codename and is giving it up?

BANNED

He still the wolverine on the wolverine book

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    He still the wolverine on the wolverine book
    For now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Look who's coming back

I can't wait for this storyline to continue
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I can't wait for this storyline to continue
    And hopefully actively continue this time rather than once a year check-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And hopefully actively continue this time rather than once a year check-ins.
    I expect Laura to show up regularly from now on. Hopefully with a new team
    Be kind, it's FREE

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I expect Laura to show up regularly from now on. Hopefully with a new team
    Quite countless needs a new commander and hellfire club ruler with gorgon dead and shaw moving out.

If she became the black queen of the hellfire club, who would she pick and if hellion were picked be her black knight or black simp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Quite countless needs a new commander and hellfire club ruler with gorgon dead and shaw moving out.

If she became the black queen of the hellfire club, who would she pick and if hellion were picked be her black knight or black simp.
    Why would she want to lead the Hellfire Club? Also really over the Hellion thing at this point, to be honest.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why would she want to lead the Hellfire Club? Also really over the Hellion thing at this point, to be honest.
    Why was she in the Fallen Angels mini? Reasons lol.

She's got nothing else to do, so becoming the Black Queen, with Hellion as her Black Knight is fine.

I'm not over Helix, but, if it were to be brought up, I'd rather it be in a book that dealt with how mutants that went through all the inner turmoil of the X-Men feel about Krakoa. We've mainly seen everyone happy, but that's not how people work. Hellion, Surge, Wind Dancer and X-23 in a book like that would be fire. Especially if Hickman convinced Remender or Yost to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post

She's got nothing else to do, so becoming the Black Queen, with Hellion as her Black Knight is fine.

I'm not over Helix, but, if it were to be brought up, I'd rather it be in a book that dealt with how mutants that went through all the inner turmoil of the X-Men feel about Krakoa. We've mainly seen everyone happy, but that's not how people work. Hellion, Surge, Wind Dancer and X-23 in a book like that would be fire. Especially if Hickman convinced Remender or Yost to write it.
    Have her come out just as they start making chimaeras as bio-weapons; you could have her and the entire wolverine clan leave Krakoa in disgust; have them join up with some non-mutant humans, you could call it Orphans of X.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Honestly, it never made sense to me that Laura would agree with Krakoa in the first place. That's the single biggest reason I'm already over this era of the X-Men: It's INCREDIBLY forced, and stretches characterization and credibility beyond the breaking point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly, it never made sense to me that Laura would agree with Krakoa in the first place. That's the single biggest reason I'm already over this era of the X-Men: It's INCREDIBLY forced, and stretches characterization and credibility beyond the breaking point.
    I think the same, they are forcing too much.

I dont think Shaw gonna be out of Hellfire so easily.

I'm more interested on a possible team aor even a solo than on boring titles that serves nothing
    Last edited by baxer; 11-28-2020 at 07:56 AM.

I feel like this schism (for lack of a better word) is coming and has been foreshadowed by the final chapters of X of Swords, with the info page about the retiring of the term “X-men” and Cyclops’ whole speech about the X-men being Krakoa’s heroes (basically whether they like it or not; fighting for a world that hates and fears them or, in the case of their new nation state, a world that doesn’t seem to want “heroes”). With Jean leaving the QC and all of the aforementioned stuff, there’s no doubt that a Krakoa vs. the X-men conflict is brewing.

And that could be really, really interesting. In fact, I see even the Wolverines being on different sides of that split. With Logan fighting for this newfound happiness he’s found on Krakoa. Even though he doesn’t trust it, he will reluctantly kill and do whatever’s necessary to safeguard it. Whereas Laura might go against Krakoa and side with the X-men. Of course, that may depend on where Jean lands. If she’s with the X-men, Logan may go that way too. As she’s a huge part of his newfound happiness since they’re hooking up finally.

Frankly never thought it made sense for Laura to move to Krakoa in the first place (she was always on her own path away from the X-Men/mutant affairs and had family outside of the mutant community). However, her being in the miniseries made sense to me. Beyond it being about characters who felt they didn't belong in Krakoa (which Laura was one from the get go), she's been shown to find meaning in life through taking on missions like that and has consistently been someone to sign up to stop people from being exploited. There's logic there that there is none with the Hellfire Club.

What does Laura's defunct could-have-been relationship with Hellion have to dow with the politics of Kraokoa? (Do agree that the New X-Men coming back for something would be great, although I wouldn't want to see Laura get together with Hellion, if dating was in the card for her.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Today I learned there were plans for a book called Liberators around the time Marjorie Liu was writing X-23. The book would have starred Black Widow, Elektra, X-23, Cecilia Reyes and Mystique.

https://hellyeahteensuperheroes.tumb...-that-a-series