Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Today I learned there were plans for a book called Liberators around the time Marjorie Liu was writing X-23. The book would have starred Black Widow, Elektra, X-23, Cecilia Reyes and Mystique.

https://hellyeahteensuperheroes.tumb...-that-a-series
    Quit reminding me marvel killed good storys and gave good writers and artists the boot for stupid reasions...

It would have been amazing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Quit reminding me marvel killed good storys and gave good writers and artists the boot for stupid reasions...

It would have been amazing
    I bet this is what Laura's encounter with Black Widow was supposed to be setting up, rather than moving her to Avengers Academy. It makes CONSIDERABLY more sense in context.

I'd love to see more done with Laura's hatred of abusers and human traffickers. Unfortunately that would involve exploring her NYX-era past and god forbid Marvel acknowledge that underaged prostitution is a thing that could potentially affect ANYBODY.

For that matter, they've completely dropped the thread of her hunting down the people who made her kill. That could have set up a potentially AWESOME conflict between her and Kingpin.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-30-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Today I learned there were plans for a book called Liberators around the time Marjorie Liu was writing X-23. The book would have starred Black Widow, Elektra, X-23, Cecilia Reyes and Mystique.

I would've read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd love to see more done with Laura's hatred of abusers and human traffickers. Unfortunately that would involve exploring her NYX-era past and god forbid Marvel acknowledge that underaged prostitution is a thing that could potentially affect ANYBODY.
    All-New Wolverine was consistent with it.

For that matter, they've completely dropped the thread of her hunting down the people who made her kill. That could have set up a potentially AWESOME conflict between her and Kingpin.
    Yeah, editors always drop stuff. At least Mariko Tamaki's series was thematically consistent by showing her working to scuttle offshoots Alchemax's Facility project.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

That was a hell of a killer team hahah

Drop Mystique and I might be interested. She torpedoed everything good about Wolverines.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Drop Mystique and I might be interested. She torpedoed everything good about Wolverines.
    It's not happening, it's a rejected concept from years ago.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

The worst part was they were setting up an epic showdown between her and Laura, after Laura revealed she could identify Mystique in disguise. Then when it actually happens in the final issue, she forgets all about it and jobs so Mystique could throw her petty world-ending tantrum.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's a good thing Tamaki wrote Laura cuz Soule would've gone down as the worst X-23 (and Daken) writer in history.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

The worst part was they were setting up an epic showdown between her and Laura, after Laura revealed she could identify Mystique in disguise. Then when it actually happens in the final issue, she forgets all about it and jobs so Mystique could throw her petty world-ending tantrum.
    Well when you have to change your ending to bring in old man cash grab you get stupid ****.

Tamaki had to deal with stupid editorial mandates

Also liu would have wrote liberators and I can gurentree her mystique would be better then any version he would have wrote
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 11-30-2020 at 02:04 PM.

You can have editorial on your back and not turn in crap.

Most of the DC titles that got caught in Synder's anime fanfic like Teen Titans and Hawkman stayed good.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Marvel editorial through their weight around more then DC, also given she was tasked with moving laura away from gabby and anything related to ANW... I don't think any writer could do that decently

People throw names like Mary Sue and Villain Sue around all the time, but Wolverines was the only series I've read where I could say a character was a Black Hole Sue. A character who devours the entire plot and is always perfect and untouchable and everyone else jobs too.

Seriously, the stuff with Laura and Daken and even Sabretooth were great in that series. But Mystique, uggghhhhhh

Astonishing Member

People throw names like Mary Sue and Villain Sue around all the time, but Wolverines was the only series I've read where I could say a character was a Black Hole Sue. A character who devours the entire plot and is always perfect and untouchable and everyone else jobs too.

Seriously, the stuff with Laura and Daken and even Sabretooth were great in that series. But Mystique, uggghhhhhh
    Again thats what happens when you have to rewrite a story mid way through to be about secret wars and the arrived of old man cashgrab gimmick. They way he talked about it is Wolverines was ment to end with Laura as wolverine but then we need everything to revolve about old man cash grab and a reboot not a reboot is happen so he said **** it.

I hate the term merry Sue to describe a character’s. It was from star trek fans bullying a girl for writing a self insert fanfic not staring a male character. The criteria for Mary Sue literary fits most main characters especially those who are the chosen one arcitype.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 11-30-2020 at 05:01 PM.

spoilers:
    For once the New X-Men get some love, it happens when Laura is stuck in the Vault...
    end of spoilers

Wolverines' ending didn't really take Old Man Logan taking over into account. But yeah it feels like he re-wrote it so everyone got screwed over since Secret Wars was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I hate the term merry Sue to describe a character’s. It was from star trek fans bullying a girl for writing a self insert fanfic not staring a male character. The criteria for Mary Sue literary fits most main characters especially those who are the chosen one arcitype.
    The fan writer said Mary Sue was better than Kirk, McCoy and Spock at once. Criticism isn't bullying.
    "Cable was right!"