Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Question for X-23 fans: Do you like her going by Wolverine? Or X-23? Or would you like to see her get another codename of her own?

If you like her as Wolverine, a follow up question: Do you like Logan also keeping the codename, or should he drop it/pass the mantle to her since he wants her to be a better superhero than he views himself as being?

Obviously no wrong answer here. I’m just curious as to what Laura’s fans think/want to see. As a Logan fan, I’m perhaps an oddity in that I wouldn’t mind him passing the mantle to her and no longer going by Wolverine. I’d change his book’s title to Weapon X and have hers be Wolverine. As to whether or not Logan actually goes by Weapon X, however... well, he probably wouldn’t choose that name for himself considering what the program did to him. But others might call him that. Especially military types like Fury and SHIELD, or even some villains he faces. Once they find out that Laura is Wolverine now and he’s not going by that. Just in the absence of another codename.
    In universe it makes little sense for her to go by either of them at the moment, though I think X-23 should be kept for branding purposes.
    I think a lot of people see her being wolverine as some kind of promotion, when it's really not; Logan was and is always going to be "the Wolverine" in peoples eyes, unless maybe he'd stayed dead for 20 years while she kept the title (though look how well that's working out for Wally West.); if she keeps the name she just becomes "that other one", no identity or brand of her own, forever lost in Logan's shadow; not to mention it just being confusing on a basic level on who you're talking about. (I will admit the Hawkeyes seem to be making it work, but Hawkeyes not nearly as iconic a character.)
    Last edited by Nazrel; 11-15-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    In universe it makes little sense for her to go by either of them at the moment, though I think X-23 should be kept for branding purposes.
    I think a lot of people see her being wolverine as some kind of promotion, when it's really not; Logan was and is always going to be "the Wolverine" in peoples eyes, unless maybe he'd stayed dead for 20 years while she kept the title (though look how well that's working out for Wally West.); if she keeps the name she just becomes "that other one", no identity or brand of her own, forever lost in Logan's shadow; not to mention it just being confusing on a basic level on who you're talking about. (I will admit the Hawkeyes seem to be making it work, but Hawkeyes not nearly as iconic a character.)
    All good points.

Astonishing Member

The bigger problem is the tunnel vision for class characters. Marvl clearly favors the classic group and screwed over the newer xmen to do it. For me its more of without the name marvel will keep passing her over causing pointless regression. I would have been fin with her going back to x23 for a bit if it lead to a bigger advancement ex new name or back to wolverine. Thing the current arc in Hajime no ippo. For the last 3 years ippo was put in retirement with this being uses to have ippo decoder why he lost, now relising he never had a the drive to be a champion being the cause of those losses, and setting up gaining the hunger to be a champion for a comeback . In lauras case x23 was used to make room for logan it didn't offer anything it didn't advance the story it didn't do anything except regression for more logan room. I feel like her being wolverine is neccery so marvel dosent screw her over as much or care to use her. She has potential to reach higher then logan id love to see her get a proper puss insted of half assing it

Question for X-23 fans: Do you like her going by Wolverine? Or X-23? Or would you like to see her get another codename of her own?

If you like her as Wolverine, a follow up question: Do you like Logan also keeping the codename, or should he drop it/pass the mantle to her since he wants her to be a better superhero than he views himself as being?

Obviously no wrong answer here. I’m just curious as to what Laura’s fans think/want to see. As a Logan fan, I’m perhaps an oddity in that I wouldn’t mind him passing the mantle to her and no longer going by Wolverine. I’d change his book’s title to Weapon X and have hers be Wolverine. As to whether or not Logan actually goes by Weapon X, however... well, he probably wouldn’t choose that name for himself considering what the program did to him. But others might call him that. Especially military types like Fury and SHIELD, or even some villains he faces. Once they find out that Laura is Wolverine now and he’s not going by that. Just in the absence of another codename.
    I like her being Wolverine; a logical progression and she doesn't really have another name that fits.

Think she and Logan should share the name, a la the Spider-Men and the Hawkeyes. No reason not to and it is the most logical pairing that would do so (and let's be real; Logan will always be Wolverine).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Honey badger was actually a badass codename. Fitting because they’re even smaller and fiercer than a Wolverine.

It’s a shame they wasted it on Gabby, who’s not even using it anymore.

BANNED

Honey Badger has copyright problems that is why they created scout

Ah. Did not know that. Thanks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Honey Badger has copyright problems that is why they created scout
    That sucks. It fit her perfectly

Do you have a source or something on that? I've never seen it mentioned anywhere else that Honey Badger name had copyright problems.

I was happy with Laura being Wolverine. Much, much better than the almost-literal slave name that is X-23.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Do you have a source or something on that? I've never seen it mentioned anywhere else that Honey Badger name had copyright problems.

I was happy with Laura being Wolverine. Much, much better than the almost-literal slave name that is X-23.
    Yeah. In a interview white said it was because laura wasn't wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Yeah. In a interview white said it was because laura wasn't wolverine.
    Which is an incredibly stupid reason to take Gabby's name away.

I'm confused. Can you link that interview or something? Because why would Laura not being Wolverine mean that there are rights reasons to Gabby being called Honey Badger?

I'm cool with them sharing the code name. If Laura takes over the code name and Logan just goes by "Logan" I'd be cool with that as well. I also like X23 it's her version of Weapon X. They both own their former titles now.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm confused. Can you link that interview or something? Because why would Laura not being Wolverine mean that there are rights reasons to Gabby being called Honey Badger?
    He's saying it had nothing to do with wrights at all, but for reasons they decided Gabby shouldn't go by Honey Badger if Laura was no longer Wolverine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm cool with them sharing the code name. If Laura takes over the code name and Logan just goes by "Logan" I'd be cool with that as well. I also like X23 it's her version of Weapon X. They both own their former titles now.
    Honeybadger is the name of wolverines side kick and laura wasn't wolverine so.....