Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 360
  1. #286
    Mighty Member pkingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    I liked that her solo series only had her acting tangentially with the main X characters. It let her feel like her own person and not just an extension of their going-ons. Its so easy to get lost in the crowd with X books, especially with the mountain pile of young mutant characters.

  2. #287
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,893

    Default

    Seems we missed it, but Sunday was Laura's birthday. She first appeared on that date 17 years ago in X-Men: Evolution.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  3. #288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Seems we missed it, but Sunday was Laura's birthday. She first appeared on that date 17 years ago in X-Men: Evolution.
    Has it been that long? Wow! I feel old.

    But seriously, I remember that day well. As soon as I saw that episode, I knew she was special. I could easily envision her becoming a big part of the larger Marvel universe. She was such a compelling character. And she really brought out the best in Logan, which would later translate perfectly in the movie. She's a great character and in 17 years, she has really carved a remarkable place for herself in comics.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  4. #289
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,076

    Default

    So x-23 is trending on Twitter due to Gail Simone. Pick 5 xmen. She's appearing most frequently of the xmen hope marvel takes notes

  5. #290
    God Save The Queen! Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Corner Office
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So x-23 is trending on Twitter due to Gail Simone. Pick 5 xmen. She's appearing most frequently of the xmen hope marvel takes notes

    I hope this doesn't happen. Given negative remarks I've seen her make regarding characters who are similar to Laura in temperament and abilities, I don't think she would be a good fit for X-23, or at least the Kyle/Yost version.
    Last edited by Mia; 08-09-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    • “I’m tired of worshiping other people’s gods.” –Maeve (WW)
    • “A man with no humility, is a man with no pride at all”. -Mike Prince (Billions)
    • “In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” Albert Camus

  6. #291
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,893

    Default

    Fun Fact: Kyle and Yost last wrote Laura TEN YEARS AGO. Over TWICE as much time has passed since they last penned her, as the amount of time they DID write her.

    Creators or not, it's LONG past time to acknowledge that they have no control over her direction or development, and frankly theirs is only a relatively brief moment of her history and characterization.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 08-09-2020 at 08:43 PM.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  7. #292
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Fun Fact: Kyle and Yost last wrote Laura TEN YEARS AGO. Over TWICE as much time has passed since they last penned her, as the amount of time they DID write her.

    Creators or not, it's LONG past time to acknowledge that they have no control over her direction or development, and frankly theirs is only a relatively brief moment of her history and characterization.
    uh imagine saying the CREATORS of the character they wrote for seven years were only there for “a relatively brief moment of her history and characterization.”

  8. #293
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    uh imagine saying the CREATORS of the character they wrote for seven years were only there for “a relatively brief moment of her history and characterization.”
    That's LITERALLY what I'm saying (also, it was only five years. Innocence Lost was in 2005, and their run of X-Force ended in 2010, which is the last time they wrote her. They haven't done anything with her in the books since 2010). She's NOT a creator-owned character. There comes a point where people need to acknowledge that reality and move on.

    That doesn't mean disrespect for what they created, or having enjoyed the stories. It's recognizing they are just ONE set of writers and that she has evolved past where they left her.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 08-09-2020 at 11:03 PM.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  9. #294
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I hope this doesn't happen. Given negative remarks I've seen her make regarding characters who are similar to Laura in temperament and abilities, I don't think she would be a good fit for X-23, or at least the Kyle/Yost version.
    It wasn't her. It was mostly comming up from fans who were picking their 5 xmen team. (And yes their was a lot of wolverine(x-23)/wolverine(laura) appering. I'm not hoping she's writing her. Its more of take note marvel shes gotten preaty popular and another of people want to se her on a team maybe speed up the return from the vault

  10. #295
    God Save The Queen! Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Corner Office
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It wasn't her. It was mostly comming up from fans who were picking their 5 xmen team. (And yes their was a lot of wolverine(x-23)/wolverine(laura) appering. I'm not hoping she's writing her. Its more of take note marvel shes gotten preaty popular and another of people want to se her on a team maybe speed up the return from the vault
    Great thanks for the clarification.
    • “I’m tired of worshiping other people’s gods.” –Maeve (WW)
    • “A man with no humility, is a man with no pride at all”. -Mike Prince (Billions)
    • “In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” Albert Camus

  11. #296
    Fantastic Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    476

    Default

    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...46150294474753

    The post is about Jean, but in the comments Taylor says that Laura and Gabby will get a role in his new event.

  12. #297
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,893

    Default

    If it gets Laura out of the Vault I'm all in.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  13. #298
    Incredible Member Nazrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If it gets Laura out of the Vault I'm all in.
    Alternate reality.
    Context is king.

    X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

  14. #299
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Alternate reality.
    God dammit.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  15. #300
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    God dammit.
    Ben Percy is teasing someting for tomorrow. So maybe thiers hope

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •